shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do, What to do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babeskidoodle

Rough_Rock
Ok, I've been reading and reading and ... you get the hint. I understand its all about cut but what would you consider the minimum requirements(color,clarity) for a diamond that will be set in a platium setting. I've been looking at ones like this http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_66ct_h_si1_h&a.htm the price and size are right and it's looks like a .8 on the HCA, but is a H to yellow? and is a SI1 to much a gamble?

Thanks in advance

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Babeskidoodle,
----------------
....is a H to yellow? and is a SI1 to much a gamble?
----------------
H is still near colorless and SI1 should be ok as long as it is eye-clean.

The best way is to figure it out for yourself by trying to view H color stones in your (or similar) settings. Are you looking for white or yellow settings?

babeskidoodle

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/10/2002 3:58:48 AM

Hi Babeskidoodle,
----------------
....is a H to yellow? and is a SI1 to much a gamble?
----------------
H is still near colorless and SI1 should be ok as long as it is eye-clean.

The best way is to figure it out for yourself by trying to view H color stones in your (or similar) settings. Are you looking for white or yellow settings?
----------------

White

Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our diamond is a G and its WHITE as snow but I think part of that is its brilliance...I think it also depends on the inclusions and how clean the diamond looks...but I know plenty of people on here who got H diamonds and had them set in platinum or white gold.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
if you care to look, this thread has some pictures of an .61 H VS2 set in platinum...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/great-experiance-at-the-maul-and-other-fine-tales.3334/

If you compare your ring to a D or E after it is set you will probably be able to detect a hint of color, but other than that, it really does look outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results