shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jeweller I bought my ring from which was a J colour and I was somewhat unhappy with has agreed to give me a refund. Now I am uncertain what to do. In someways I love this ring. The colour does not bother me too much and may only bother me because I have read that J is less popular colour to a G.

If I buy online I would want to wait maybe a couple of years to get a larger diamond which is what I eventually want anyway. If I return the ring I will be ringless. I am married so that does not matter to much as I have my other ring.

I know it is a personal thing that only I can decide but would welcome some feedback.

If I buy a ring online now I would probably get a better colour but would need to start saving from scratch for a larger ring in the future which is what I intended to do when I thought I had no option but to keep this ring. Either way it will take a few years to get the other ring. I do not know if I want to go through the process of buying online twice from the USA to the UK. I do not want to go the trade up method; if I buy another ring for the money I have now, I would not want to trade it up but just buy another larger ring.

I am also dreading going into the jeweller for the refund, I was informed by letter that they had decided to give me one. The letter was okay it is just the thought of going in to get my money back. If I do this.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
pyramid - from following your previous post about your situation with the local jeweller, if I were you, I would return the ring since they are now willing to take the ring back and give you a refund. The only reason why I won't do it is if the ring has sentimental value. Otherwise, based on your previous postings, I would return the ring immediately and count my blessings.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jlim. So do people think I should buy a stone now from the internet or just wait and get what I want down the road, if I return the ring to the jeweller?

LadyHawk

Rough_Rock
Maybe you could buy a less expensive simulant that looks real nice, until you can find your perfect diamond. That way you would still have a little sparkle on finger until you find what you really want. I know I am a very impatient person and want everything NOW! But experience has taught me to wait and get what I really want, since I am never really happy until I do!
MHLady

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your reply MHLady. I have cubic zirconias and other lesser real diamonds I can wear. It is just that I want a real diamond engagement ring now. See my other post, now I am second guessing whether I like the J colour of this diamond instead of a whiter one. Maybe I should keep this one and get a whiter one some years down the road when I do get a 1.00 carat diamond. I think though that it is silly to put the money onto another ring when I want a 1 carat. This ring could be a stepping stone though as it is very well cut unlike my other diamonds.

Another thing is I think maybe I am stupid for buying from the USA when I am in the UK but the stones are so much more expensive here with no information it seems. The J colour stone I have now is the best cut stone I have seen. It also shows perfect arrows from the top with the naked eye.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Pyramid:
It soumds like this stone has been haunting you
angryfire.gif
for a while now. Unless you have some great emotional attachment to it, put it to rest and get the cash back. Put that cash towards a better stone, the one you really want. Better to wait then to regret. If you get the cash now, you will not have to wait as long to save up for the other diamond. Just a thought, is it cheaper just to make arrangements with an on-line vendor then make a trip to the States and pick up your diamond already set and wear it home. Sounds like a crazy idea, but if you were planning on coming over here anyway it may be worth thinking about.

Good luck, this is a tough call.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haunting me alright
loopy.gif
and now it is haunting me and I cannot return it. No I will not be coming the the United States but will have it sent by Fedex. Rhino, do you send rings to the United Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results