Votes: 3 7.9%
  • 3.0 tcw tennis bracelet

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 1.5 tcw diamond bangle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I have been saving for a purchase and now am ready to buy (well, at least financially!). Problem is, I can't decide what to purchase.

Studs: I don't have diamond earrings- I don't really wear earrings but I think I would if I had a great pair of studs. Hoops are also on my mind :)

Tennis Bracelet: I don't have a diamond bracelet- I used to.... but felt it was too extravagant (it was 6cts- and I felt it was too much). I miss looking at my wrist and seeing a beautiful line of diamond blingieness.

Diamond Bangle: I have long coveted diamond bangles but... worry that it won't be comfy and I'll regret it. I have really thin wrists and my hands are on a keyboard, like, all the time.

What would you do? My lifestyle is easy peasy but I'm looking for something I'd wear everyday (and ,frankly, see!) to celebrate some recent pretty big life 'o changing experiences. I have a beautiful 2.0 ct 5 stone ring that I wear every day.

I hope the poll I set up works- here goes 'nothin!

thanks for the enabling!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, studs are likely to be worn the most, so I think they come next after a ring. I have a tennis bracelet that I only wear on rare occasions as I think it is more dressy than my very casual attire most days! Same with diamond hoops and diamond bangle. The only bracelet I see as a daily one would be a diamonds-by-the-yard which is easier to wear with anything all the time. But for your question, I predict the overwhelming response will be the studs!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry facet girl, I can't help you. :tongue:
Your dilemma is very similar to the internal jewellery monologue that has been running through my head for some time.
I would wait, sooner or later you will come across something you 'just have to have'.
Why not check out antique jewellery, for something a little different?
Trawling eBay can give you a host of ideas as well.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Everything on your poll is on my wish list or was on my list. I purchased 1.00 ctw H BGD Signature studs last year and honestly never take them out except to clean them. They have become my favorite item! I *thought* I was much more of a hoop girl but now realize that even if (when) I buy hoops I would still reach for the studs most days.
As for bracelets, I have wanted one and considered both the tennis bracelet and bangle. Neither seem quite right for my lifestyle, at this time. I do have a DBTY necklace that I am strongly considering having cut down into a bracelet. I agree with DS that for an everyday bracelet DBTY is perfect.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DS- thanks for chiming in here....

I guess at the heart of the matter is...

do I get a bracelet that, in my mind, I'd see everyday as a reminder of some really significant challenges I've overcome (I bold that because I really didn't think I could overcome these challenges , and I did, and you know, it took awhile and I want a reminder that I "own" that).

Or, earrings, that I while I won't see all the time, are a staple in the jewelry repetoire of sorts...and realizing that every once in awhile, I'll catch a glimpse, and a smile will fall upon my face :)

Clearly, this purchase has meaning....

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
LaraOnline... I know, I'm hopeless... I almost added an option of "Wait... until you know" lol
I guess I can't go wrong with any of these options :)

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Woofmama.. this is so helpful..... I like the look of diamonds by the yard- and what I might consider is a single station bracelet with a 1ctish stone. (such a romantic look to that!) .. but I know in my heart that if I went for a bracelet, it would be a tennis bracelet or bangle- and I'd wear it every day. Even with yoga pants :)

I do like the idea of earrings because I won't have to think about them and they are a classic :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be dangerous for the stone and maybe uncomfortable for the wearer to have a near 1 ct stone as a DBTY bracelet. I am sure we were both referring to multiple small stones. But if that is not your style, the other two are great! Just understand that a bangle is going to have to be treated with care so it doesn't get dented up.

All of the items on your list are basic, classic items to have, so you definitely cannot go wrong with any of them! I have studs and diamond huggies from WF, and mom2boys recently got their 1.5 ct bangle that I really love! A lot of people here have their tennis bracelets, too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted studs because they are such a great jewelry staple to have, but I re-read your posts and I'm picking up that you would really love to have a piece you can look at all the time, so now I'm leaning towards the tennis bracelet - especially since you would wear it all the time. It just seems like that's what would make you happiest, going by your comments. I know how tough a decision like this is!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted tennis bracelet because you can see it frequently and it would be blingy enough but not overpowering. :D And I want one. :D See, you can get that and enjoy it. :D

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have stud earrings in 2 sizes and wear them pretty much all the time, my tennis bracelet doesn't see the light of day very often! My other daily wear piece is my diamond pendant, have you considered one of those? Your budget would get you something nice....

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You say you don't really wear earrings, so even tho I initially voted for those in your poll, i'm now thinking a tennis bracelet that is less than the prior 6CTW size - you can look at it easily and remind yourself of what you've overcome, but it's not too "ostentatious" or whatever you were feeling about your previous one. This is coming from a person who wears a diamond uniform every day: 1 CTW studs, 5CTW tennis, .86 pendant, ER/WB and RHR.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, studs are likely to be worn the most.

I would spec a pair that I could pair up with a nice pair of earring jackets at a later date so that I could wear them for more formal occasions.

DK :))

DNB

Rough_Rock
I don't have a bangle, but I do have 1 cttw diamond studs, 5 ct tennis bracelet and diamond hoop earrings. My diamond studs get worm almost everyday. I also have thin wrists and have never been comfortable wearing bangles. They do get in the way on keyboards. I think the studs is the best to start with. Although, I do have a 1.5 ct tennis bracelet which is not prong set that I wear pretty much everyday that is a great choice for someone who types, etc. It's more a link bracelet with rectangular sections of channel set diamonds. It catches on nothing, so that might be a good choice too. You ought to go try on pieces at jewelry stores so you can see what you prefer.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going from a 6 CTW to a 3 CTW bracelet...I have a feeling you may think it is too dinky. Go for the studs- it may change your habit of not wearing earrings.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1394848927|3634391 said:
To me, studs are likely to be worn the most, so I think they come next after a ring. I have a tennis bracelet that I only wear on rare occasions as I think it is more dressy than my very casual attire most days! Same with diamond hoops and diamond bangle. The only bracelet I see as a daily one would be a diamonds-by-the-yard which is easier to wear with anything all the time. But for your question, I predict the overwhelming response will be the studs!

DItto I don't wear earrings but I do wear my studs I never take them out. I wear bracelets but a diamond one would sit as I would probably lose it. So my vote is for earrings studs not hoops. Believe me you see your studs everywhere in the mirror in the sink in the windows in the street signs. in the rear vview on my ipad. So don't think is something you can't see. plus I touch them 100 times a day to be sure they are there I stil take photos of myself wearing them or when I take them out. They are definetely the go to piece of jewelery.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar to responses above, I wear my studs almost every day. Haven't worn the hoops since the day I got the studs. I have a very small ctw diamond line bracelet which also rarely gets worn. Bangles just don't work for me. So I voted for studs. I get to see mine every time I wash my hands.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally vote earrings in this type of poll. I have diamond studs that I wear nearly everyday, but I'm an earring person and from your posts it doesn't sound like you are. We all know, being on PS, this this is probably not going to be the last piece of jewellery you ever buy. To me it sounds like you'd enjoy wearing a bracelet the most so I think you should do that. I agree with whoever mentioned that a jump from 6cts to 3cts might make your new bracelet seem dinky. Are you able to wait it out a couple of months and see if anything pops up on DB or LT that's between those two sizes?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote earrings AND a smaller tennis bracelet (not necessarily at the same time), but the latter only if you went with a vendor with an upgrade policy. I know I know, I am such an enabler! :cheeky:

You might think you're not an earring girl, but trust me once you wore comfortable studs you'd be a convert forever! I wear mine EVERY.DAY. (although I take them and other jewellery off when I am at home). I forget sometimes they're on. Even though my hairstyle covers my studs, I do catch the sparkles almost every time I walk past a mirror! I love how they brighten up my face and thus my day.

I also wear a blingy bracelet every day and am still coveting a tennis bracelet one day. If you find 3ctw too small, an upgrade policy would allow you to go bigger later, should you wish to! :devil:

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I voted the diamond tennis bracelet. I had the 1.5 ctw. shared prong bangle from WF and it is beautiful but i was always afraid of knocking it around. If you are on your keyboard all the time, it might be uncomfortable and banged up from constantly hitting the table and/or keyboard.

For the tennis bracelet, I like seeing a thin fine line of diamonds and it will be a reminder, as you said. I have a 2.5 or 3 ctw. Tennis ( I can't remember stats) and I live wearing it bc its so sparkly.

Next, I like the studs, but I don't know, for me studs are boring. I have three pairs of studs and two bezel sets and I can only wear them for a week and then change them out.

I know others have said they wear them and never take take off, but they do get dirty and yucky, so I have to change them out.

Anyway, that's my opinion but I am pretty sure everyone will say get the studs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is only a decision you can make because you know you best. Personally I choose hoops every single time.

They are sassy and sophisticated IMO. I have lovely diamond studs that I never wear because I just love my diamond hoops. I have a number of different size hoop earrings but I always choose the same pair. They are the perfect mix of size and bling. They are lightweight so easy to wear and go with everything and show up well with my hair down or up.

But that's me and as you can see by this thread most ladies here love their studs. Good luck with your decision-it's fun one to have!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, any form of earrings are likely to get more wear and notice than a bracelet or bangle.

DK :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have studs that never leave my ears, so if it were me, I'd opt for the bracelet - but a DBTY because in my own life, that is more suitable for my job/activities/circle of friends.

But if you aren't an earring person - could you see yourself starting at hoops instead of studs? Those are far more noticeable w weight and movement than studs... but then again... I'm a stud lover!! (LMAO!! hahaha!)

I'm sure which ever you chose, you are going to adore it because it represents a milestone in your life - enjoy this wonderful dilemma!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for bracelet.

For everyday wear, have you considered necklace? You can't see it (unless you look at the mirror all the time) but it can be with you 24/7 and you can touch it (the chain part) without leaving grease on it like you would with studs.

Regarding bangles, I have an oval shape with diamonds on top half only. It is very comfortable to wear, does not obstruct when typing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted studs, but I'm also an earring person, so that would be the first choice for me... If don't wear earrings much now, do you think you'd suddenly do so if you got earrings? Maybe get a practice pair to make sure you like the look before investing in a long-term pair.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I never get dressed without putting on a pendant and some earrings, and it's been that way ever since I was a teenager (*back in the millions of years ago....)

My ABSOLUTE favorite things to wear right now are either my WF preloved inside out hoops or my preloved halo-studs, and my preloved diamond Barbara pendant.

Every. Single. Day.

Reading what I have so far, I think you would like something on your wrist, right where you could see it.
So If I were you I would go with the thin but amazing diamond bracelet (not bangle)

I think you would wear it.
I think 3 ct would be just right for you for every day and you would see it all the time.
It would twinkle with every move of your hand and it wouldn't be too much for work or for every day.....

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh,, so pretty.

I know ladies here love their studs *( Hee Hee Enerchi ~ BTW, I was worrying, where've ya been girl ?)
But if you don't really wear earrings, you might not feel happy with the expenditure if you end up not loving them.
And ( at least for me ) a pair of studs is going to have to be fairly sizable because of my height and all my hair....

So I pick diamond bracelet...

Have fun choosing and let us see what you get !!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1395000465|3635361 said:
I know ladies here love their studs *( Hee Hee Enerchi ~ BTW, I was worrying, where've ya been girl ?)
But if you don't really wear earrings, you might not feel happy with the expenditure if you end up not loving them.
And ( at least for me ) a pair of studs is going to have to be fairly sizable because of my height and all my hair....

So I pick diamond bracelet...

Have fun choosing and let us see what you get !!!!

Yep, we're stud addicts here.

One option too is getting small studs so you have a hint of sparkle on the ears, but putting the majority of the funds toward the bracelet. An option would be getting a preloved pair of studs on DB, then a new bracelet from WF...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results