shape
carat
color
clarity

What, to date, is the one best thing you have ever done?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting born.

It was a hassle, but worth it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best things I have done in my life came from getting way out of my comfort zone. Being afraid and doing something anyway. It has led to a lot of joy.
Whoops, just re-read the question. I would say that overcoming my fear of flying led to a huge change in my life, I literally flew into a new life and see the world so differently now : )

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 1993, I took in a homeless cat on the coldest night of the year.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Leaving a relationship that was literally driving me crazy.

I always thought it was me. That somehow I was doing something wrong and I needed to up my game to be good enough for him. Eventually it was like my life revolved around making him happy. None of my things mattered. I was in engineering school and floundering because I felt like I had to be paying attention to him 20/7.

It took about a year to realize that he was wrong, I’m actually pretty amazing. I can do lots of things that he can’t. My friends and family love me for who I am. I don’t suck!

It feels amazing to actually look forward to things without anxiety about “doing it right”. Who cares if I screw up a new recipe? We can order something. It says nothing about me or my abilities. I’ll do better next time. Because trying things and making mistakes is the only way to learn new skills!

I spent way too much time avoiding new things because I was worried about being judged.

Bye boy.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@missy why are you starting so many threads where 'Finn' is my answer? :lol:

It might not be just one thing, but this thread reminds me a lot of the marine apex predator tagging efforts in my younger years that have since slowed down a lot. When it comes to actually doing something to help out the planet, I feel like that is probably the one great thing I've done. Some of the DNA samples and tagging data we've provided have helped establish Black and Striped Marlin biomass locations and breeding grounds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy why are you starting so many threads where 'Finn' is my answer? :lol:

It might not be just one thing, but this thread reminds me a lot of the marine apex predator tagging efforts in my younger years that have since slowed down a lot. When it comes to actually doing something to help out the planet, I feel like that is probably the one great thing I've done. Some of the DNA samples and tagging data we've provided have helped establish Black and Striped Marlin biomass locations and breeding grounds.

Maybe because I am hoping you will share more photos of Finn here.:lol: :love:
:halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best things I have done in my life came from getting way out of my comfort zone. Being afraid and doing something anyway. It has led to a lot of joy.
Whoops, just re-read the question. I would say that overcoming my fear of flying led to a huge change in my life, I literally flew into a new life and see the world so differently now : )

This is the truth. Getting outside of one's comfort zone can bring such joy. It is very hard to be so brave and do things outside of our comfort zone and kudos to you dear Jimmianne for being so courageous and experiencing true joy. You deserve nothing less. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving a relationship that was literally driving me crazy.

I always thought it was me. That somehow I was doing something wrong and I needed to up my game to be good enough for him. Eventually it was like my life revolved around making him happy. None of my things mattered. I was in engineering school and floundering because I felt like I had to be paying attention to him 20/7.

It took about a year to realize that he was wrong, I’m actually pretty amazing. I can do lots of things that he can’t. My friends and family love me for who I am. I don’t suck!

It feels amazing to actually look forward to things without anxiety about “doing it right”. Who cares if I screw up a new recipe? We can order something. It says nothing about me or my abilities. I’ll do better next time. Because trying things and making mistakes is the only way to learn new skills!

I spent way too much time avoiding new things because I was worried about being judged.

Bye boy.

Very wise @chemgirl. I am sorry you went through that but what a valuable life lesson. The world is yours and you can accomplish anything you desire. You are strong and wonderful and anyone would be lucky to share their life with you. And I always remember the wise quote "It is none of my business what others think of me". True dat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting born.

It was a hassle, but worth it.

LOL but what did you have to do with that? That was all on your mom (and in part your dad).
But glad you were born Kenny and glad you share some of your time here with us. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lived my life as a good person and tried my best to be a person who was there for those who needed me. Sounds like a saint right? well I didn't always do the best but I tried. :)

You are Kate the Great and will always be to me dear Kate. You are a saint in many ways. And I am privilege and honored to have you in my life. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I keep working on the best thing I have ever done: nurturing my family and true friends close relationships. Long term goals, but well worth my journey.

Yet in perspective, I don't have anything "else" to do. :))

cheers--Sharon

All relationships take nurturing and work and you are wise Sharon realizing that. Many people sadly do not realize that I have found.

HI:

Actually I posted above the most important thing I'm doing which maybe isn't the "best" thing I've done. KWIM?

I think the best thing I've ever done was to complete my Masters Degree by thesis route. Completing the degree by couse work was just not going to cut it for me. Given I had worked in research and was published (not first author), I knew I could conduct my own research and be the principle. It was very validating and worthwhile. Best thing ever!

cheers--Sharon

Like I said you are very wise. Good for you and all the good you do for others through your hard earned career. Kudos to you Sharon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got married, had kids. Those 2 things brought me the most happiness and fulfillment in my life and still do. Our family unit is tight and I like having adult kids. They're way more fun than babies, toddlers or teenagers ever were!

This is so nice to hear. I am glad you have a wonderful relationship with your adult children. That is everything I agree.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dating my best friend who is two years younger than me and two inches shorter than me. I would have never have considered looking past those two features EVER, but did for him and it was the best thing I could have ever have done.
The next thing will hopefully happen soon: adopting a child. I have dreamed of adopting since I was a teen, I couldn’t stand knowing how terrible other kids have it and I had it pretty bad myself, but knew other kids had it much worse. I truly think getting a child into a stable family is the best thing someone can do for that person and the people in their future will be affected positively,too.

Good luck to you @JrJ and I am so pleased you have found the love of your life and now will be adopting a child making a huge difference in their life. I know it will be challenging but I also know it will be rewarding beyond words. Wishing you all the best in this journey!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paying off our mortgage still fairly young (DH was 38, I was 31) would be up there for me. We both worked super hard, most weekends, second jobs and overtime before we had children. We were often ridiculed by friends who told us we worked too much, but we are so glad that we did!

Good for you! I totally agree it was all worth it. Self sacrifice to own your home and make it a safe haven.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Children/ husband go without saying. Other stuff was
1. Quitting my healthcare management job and returning back to clinical practice. Best decision I ever made.
2. Starting Crossfit. My work schedule changed in the past year and I haven't been able to go for a bit, but while I was there I was the fittest, strongest and healthiest I have ever been. I loved it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results