shape
carat
color
clarity

What tells you the most about a person....

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Their face, their home or their car?

If you could only see one before deciding what the person was like, which would you pick?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Car

Dirty or clean? Color? Style? Brand?

I have a 2008 creamy pearl subaru impreza, four door, stick, kinda messy on the inside with an appaloosa plate- I think it says quite a bit about me

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home

How they live, where they live, how they decorate, what photos/pics are around, mementos and knick knacks, how they keep their home (neat, messy) and what their taste is like.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Home. When they''re not expecting company.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2010 8:15:05 PM
Author: Haven
That!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Interesting question! My first thought was car...but nah...I think ''home'' is more telling. My car right now is pretty dirty - not the way I''d like it to be - but I do consider it to be a second priority next to my home, which I try to keep as tidy as I can.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 8:20:34 PM
Author: yssie

That!
YUP.
2.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i would agree on how they keeo their home ,but also how they are when they visit other people''s homes can be telling to a persons character.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we need more choices. A car doesn''t tell me much about a person. I don''t care if they drive a nice car or a clunker... The face?? Ted Bundy had a nice face...
23.gif

yanno??

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Haha, I was going to say face (particularly eyes and mouth) but now I think I agree with Haven. My car definitely says nothing about me, since I''ve had it for almost 8 years, didn''t even pick it out myself, and scarcely drive the poor thing...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Home.

DH and I moved into our first house on May 1st, and OMG the neglect. It''s very telling. They lived here 2 years and it''s obvious they did nothing, not even clean the windows.
14.gif
I guess we shouldn''t be surprised that they decided to not respect a clause of the buying contract and told us after the fact. Sadly, we asked them to respect the contract and they refused, so we have to take them to court.
8.gif
29.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say face.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely, definitely home.

Second choice would be car.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Face for me. I very observant of the way people dress, expressions, body language etc. I'm generally right about the assumptions I make about a person within 30s of meeting them.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
None of the above.
What tells me the most about a person is how she/he treats others.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Given the choices, this is the one I pick.

My car does not say much about me as a person. I picked it out, but the interior is always messy and even though it drives me crazy I just never get around to cleaning it out.

My home is another story. It''s the first home DH and I have owned and we took care in making sure it had all of the amenities we needed and take good care of it. Our house is what we call "lived in". If you come over unexpectedly there will be laundry to be done, dishes in the sink and spots on the mirrors. If we''re hosting at our house, I make sure the laundry is done, folded and put away, the dishes are washed and put away, the bathroom and kitchen spotless. And I''m neurotic about sweeping all the dog hair every day, whether we are expecting visitors or not.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was set to answer this philosophically but these are three VERY superficial answers in my opinion. I hate to even give them thought but I guess I would say face because cars and houses are ridiculously irrelevant to the character of a person to me - I don''t care how messy they are or run down and neglected. But even the lines on a person''s face can lie - just look at the smile lines on any politician''s face.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe these answers! How on earth does a rich a-hole with a maid and an interior decorator speak ANYTHING about the character of a person? There are some very good people who have no money and are sloppy. I need to leave this thread.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of the above. Their actions when no one is looking and the way they treat other people.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 12:28:21 AM
Author: marcyc
None of the above. Their actions when no one is looking and the way they treat other people.
+1
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with Haven-the house when they''re not expecting company!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 12:28:21 AM
Author: marcyc

Ah, but we can''t know what their actions are when no one is looking! Plus that wasn''t a choice!
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
OBVIOUSLY, the way people treat others is the most telling thing about their character.

However, I do believe that the way we care for our belongings, as well as the things with which we choose to surround ourselves say something about what is important to us, what type of lives we lead, and thus, what we are like as people. (Incidentally, I didn''t see anything about "character" in the OP''s post.)

Cehra--I didn''t even think of a person''s home in terms of rich or poor, so it''s interesting to me that your first instinct was to think of the distinction between a rich person''s home versus a poor person''s home. People who hire others to care for their homes aren''t even on my radar. I think the amount of money you have has nothing to do with what your home tells others about you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my house is a mess so what does that say about me??

Probably a combination.

Dirty cars GROSS ME OUT.. ugggg..
Same with pig stye homes..
14.gif

But, those things can mean different things. They can be slobs, or perhaps too busy with work/ kids/ stuff, or... or.. you know, lots of stuff.

I try not to care, but messy, dusty, dirty cars ick. They usually smell dirty too.

This happened to me today. My mom came by and was dropping some stuff off and then asked to use the bathroom. The bathroom is a total mess (needs dusting and the floors need to be cleaned) and I was so embarrassed. I later apologized and she said it wasn''t a big deal ;-) My mom and I are clean freaks though.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I say home, but I''m one of nature''s nesters: everything, from the colors of the furnishings, to the smallest knick-knack, will have some deep and comforting meaning to me. My home is all blue and gold and scarlet, books everywhere. I think it''s a good reflection of me: cluttered, but fascinating.

On the other hand, a young man I once dated had a place that I called The Apartment Where Dreams Go to Die. No art on the walls, Playboy magazines proudly displayed on the shelves in proper order, disco ball in the bathroom, no soap in the shower, and so on. That, uh, should have been a warning sign.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
House.

But truly get a person? Travel with them. Even for a couple of nights. You get a feel for the real them, and get to see how they act in different situations with different people and there is a lot of enforced time together when folks aren't "on" and you can see who they really are.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 10:11:05 PM
Author: kama_s
Face for me. I very observant of the way people dress, expressions, body language etc. I''m generally right about the assumptions I make about a person within 30s of meeting them.
Same. It takes an exceptional control over your features to not let your thoughts show on your face at least a little bit, I think. A car and a home are just belongings, but the face and body language never lies, IMO.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 5:45:24 AM
Author: AdiS

Date: 6/19/2010 10:11:05 PM
Author: kama_s
Face for me. I very observant of the way people dress, expressions, body language etc. I'm generally right about the assumptions I make about a person within 30s of meeting them.
Same. It takes an exceptional control over your features to not let your thoughts show on your face at least a little bit, I think. A car and a home are just belongings, but the face and body language never lies, IMO.
Me too. And for that reason I would not choose face. As an INTJ I make quick and accurate judgments about others but I also am v.e.r.y controlled about what information I allow others to know. I don't give anything away for free and will misdirect to glean information if I see fit. " prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet " Knowing this, I would not trust face given a choice, in case I meet my doppelganger.

I choose home. But the private rooms - the bedroom/bathroom/attic/garage. It is where many people are unguarded, soft and vunerable. Also doesn't every looney/psycho have the press cuttings of their 'work' in a basement somewhere; that would be a giveaway!

If I can make up my own answer I would say; let me see their family interacting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results