shape
carat
color
clarity

What style is this?

Marovar

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I recently purchased a vintage ring. It's marked with 835 silver and is set with a piece of translucent agate.

I absolutely love the look of it. It's simple, though it stands out. The agate's color is fashionable with almost anything.

I am wondering if anyone could place this in a particular style?
Has anyone seen something resembling this style before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mark

2f0d0322-1fe9-4a86-801c-1a7795fe1b09.jpg
b2d7dc0d-7d56-40b1-a2a0-9c6821cfbdf2.jpg

ed81fde2-2db3-4f8b-9faa-3ceb479b1320.jpg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Marovar Hi, 835 silver is a European mark. The ring to my untrained eye looks modernist/ brutalist in design. Are there any other markings?

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
It looks to me like a Retro period piece, especially with the silver folds/rolls on the sides of the band. I like it a lot!

Marovar

Rough_Rock
@Marovar Hi, 835 silver is a European mark. The ring to my untrained eye looks modernist/ brutalist in design. Are there any other markings?

Thanks! That's the only marking. Brutalist design definitely has some complementary pieces.

Marovar

Rough_Rock
It looks to me like a Retro period piece, especially with the silver folds/rolls on the sides of the band. I like it a lot!

Never even thought of Retro design period. But looking at it I can totally see the design characteristics. Thanks!
The straight lines, simple form, cheap materials, and curled sides,I kept coming back to Art Deco architecture. Jewelry of the period is completely different though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results