shape
carat
color
clarity

What specs should I look for in labs for earrings

p12345

Rough_Rock
Hello all.

I am starting to look for some lab diamonds for a pair of earrings. I am getting abit lost with what to look for in terms of angles and table size. I would really appreciate some guidance in what I should be looking for.

Also how do I tell a diamond is not well cut?

Thanks in advance

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Stole the angle chart from Whiteflash and the diamond cut comparison from Brilliance.

What size are you looking for, what is your budget, and what specs (color, clarity, carat, etc.) do you desire? Posting that information generally allows some of the "prosumers" here to hunt down and present wonderful options for you. =)

idealcutproportions.jpg

cutchartexample.png

p12345

Rough_Rock
Stole the angle chart from Whiteflash and the diamond cut comparison from Brilliance.

What size are you looking for, what is your budget, and what specs (color, clarity, carat, etc.) do you desire? Posting that information generally allows some of the "prosumers" here to hunt down and present wonderful options for you. =)

idealcutproportions.jpg

cutchartexample.png

Thank you vintageinjune. Your post is very helpful.

I am thinking of going for 1 to 1.02 total ct weight. Colour of D-F. Clarity VS2 upwards. Budget maybe max 1000usd.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

These are on the larger side of what you are looking for, but darn if they don't come much more perfectly matched than this!

p12345

Rough_Rock

These are on the larger side of what you are looking for, but darn if they don't come much more perfectly matched than this!

Wow what a perfect match. Thanks vintageinjune. Unfortunately these will be abit too large for my ears :(

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow what a perfect match. Thanks vintageinjune. Unfortunately these will be abit too large for my ears :(

But you would pay the same amount for same cut in .5ct, so I'd recommend just get the larger pair for the same money.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The 0.61s will look only slightly larger than 1ctw. But here's a pair at 1ctw for you to take a look at.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Whoops, misread it at 1-1.2. Sorry about that, didn't meant to recommend something you aren't comfortable with!

p12345

Rough_Rock
The 0.61s will look only slightly larger than 1ctw. But here's a pair at 1ctw for you to take a look at.

Thank you. I will take a look at these.

Let me know if there are any other options please.

p12345

Rough_Rock
Whoops, misread it at 1-1.2. Sorry about that, didn't meant to recommend something you aren't comfortable with!

No problem at all :)

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me .

p12345

Rough_Rock

Thank you Kim N for finding these. It's there any pairs you can see which are less expensive? Not sure I want to spend that much. My budget is 500-600usd.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kim N for finding these. It's there any pairs you can see which are less expensive? Not sure I want to spend that much. My budget is 500-600usd.

This was the best pair I could find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results