shape
carat
color
clarity

What solitaire setting should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I think I am getting a 1.3 carat ACA from WF
36.gif

Now i need to figure out what kind of setting to put it in. I know i want it to be thin, and I also want it to sit flush with the ACA 3/4 eternity wedding band i want to get. You all know so much about the settings, I really need your help. Does WF have one that will work, or am I going to have to get something custom made?

Bob recommended the platinum tiffany setting, but i saw that it was 2.7mm wide, and i want something thinner. Any suggestions?

I like the setting that Ame has/had (everybody switches around so much it''s hard to keep track of who has what when
31.gif
) I don''t know if hers was custom or not.

Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would so do the Vatche Royal Crown with an eternity ring..yum yum yum!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OR take a look at Jcrow''s setting, her thread is active right now, she had a custom WF setting and is pairing it with eternity band!

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mara. Does WF carry the Vatche line anymore? For some reason i was thinking they didn't. I will also check out JCrow's.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF does not carry Vatche

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I don''t think they do but I wouldn''t just limit yourself to what WF sells, there are tons of settings out there, make sure you find the right one for you!! You can always buy the setting and ship it to WF or have the stone shipped to your jeweler or whatever. Have fun!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 10:13:33 PM
Author:CourtHorn

Bob recommended the platinum tiffany setting, but i saw that it was 2.7mm wide, and i want something thinner. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you want to keep it down to one vendor and basically like the WF tiffany knife-edge, you can have them shave it down to a thinner band. Someone else did it recently, see this thread

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-ring-pics.40158/

I really like it and am thinking of having WF do it for me! But I want to keep the knife-edge. Can''t wait to see what you decide on!!
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2006 11:40:30 PM
Author: CourtHorn

Does WF carry the Vatche line anymore? For some reason i was thinking they didn''t.

How about their cross-prong setting?

LINK

The shank can''t be that much wonder than 2mm, and if only a bit more, it can easily be taken down as much as I can tell. The version for round stoes looks as if it would sit flush with a wedding band.

Otherwise, Wink lists vatche settings along with some very dainty no-name ones. A couple of (new?) solitaires are less than 2mm!
6.gif
Like this one (2.1 mm in the back, 1.8 near the stone).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks mara. here''s a pic. link

2ringsACAs-3.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2006 11:40:30 PM

I will also check out JCrow's.
Does the WF setting look allot like those on the bottom row HERE or am I seeing things?

1110.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum- i wish they''d show a profile shot.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 4:17:45 AM
Author: valeria101

Otherwise, Wink lists vatche settings along with some very dainty no-name ones. A couple of (new?) solitaires are less than 2mm!
6.gif
Like this one (2.1 mm in the back, 1.8 near the stone).

That''s the Royal X-Prong, right? I saw that one in person and it''s beautiful and very dainty. I actually crossed (hee!) it off my list for being too dainty for my fingers.
9.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I knew i could count on you all to help me out!!
36.gif
I LOVE Jcrow''s settings. I also really like the Royal Crown. With the Vatche one, i would want to have them shave it down i think.

How wide is Jcrow''s setting? I need to go back and re-read the entire thread again.

I am thinking it would be much easier to fit a shared prong band next to one like JCrow''s. How does it compare $$$ to the RC?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2006 9:55:26 AM

I am thinking it would be much easier to fit a shared prong band next to one like JCrow''s.

Both rings should sit close to a wedding band - at least a small one.

How does it compare $$$ to the RC?

That''s hard to tell... I can''t know how much WF charged for their custom setting. Wink gives a quote for the 14kt version of the Vatche ring ($550) but none for 18kt or platinum which are noted available however. The settings from Advar (in the catalog picture above) would be available through Wink''s. WF doesn''t carry the Vatche line... so you may need to contact multiple sellers if WF custom work is in the running.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 9:55:26 AM
I knew i could count on you all to help me out!!
36.gif
I LOVE Jcrow''s settings. I also really like the Royal Crown. With the Vatche one, i would want to have them shave it down i think.

How wide is Jcrow''s setting? I need to go back and re-read the entire thread again.

I am thinking it would be much easier to fit a shared prong band next to one like JCrow''s. How does it compare $$$ to the RC?

we ordered the ring at 2.3 mm. when it came in it was 3 mm. since then, they''ve shaved it down to 2.5 mm.

I love the RC as well. i just thought it was too wide, and in the end, i didn''t care for the soulders on the side that came up to meet the diamond.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Do you mind telling me if it''s more expensive than the RC? I LOVE your setting, I would just be worried that it wouldn''t turn out exactly as i imagined (kinda like your first one)

Do you think WF would be able to make one exactly like yours? I want to get it and it be perfect! Does the small gap between the 2 bother you?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the WF setting isn't anything new you know, val...so to design a 'custom' in that thin platinum band with 6 prong buttercup head shape seems like it'd just be mimicking so many of the other pieces out there in some way shape or form but then just modifying it to customer's needs...so could be close to that setting in the bottom row...but i bet the head is different. jcrow has that amazing buttercup flowy head that i think i want for my ring!

courthorn...i would venture to say that the tiny gap between the rings is not even visible in real life, those magnified pictures are misleading.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 10:41:46 AM
Do you mind telling me if it''s more expensive than the RC? I LOVE your setting, I would just be worried that it wouldn''t turn out exactly as i imagined (kinda like your first one)

Do you think WF would be able to make one exactly like yours? I want to get it and it be perfect! Does the small gap between the 2 bother you?

to be honest, i don''t remember the cost of the setting- (now the diamond- that i do!)

i don''t see why they couldn''t duplicate the setting for your stone.

i haven''t seen the gap in person. (the rings were supose to get here today) so far- yes the gap bothers me. i am hoping in person it doesn''t.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you could always call WF and get a price quote. i would just make sure to send them pics (if possible) of exactly what you want.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
also, the price depends on whether or not it's plat. or WG. to me there's a huge price difference between the two.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t know you didnt have your rings yet! I hope they come soon. Can''t wait to see some hand pictures.
31.gif
You will have to let me know about the gap. I think that both rings i like (yours and the RC) will both have a tiny one. Is yours in plat or wg? Because the diamond i am getting is less than i thought it would be (thanks WF) i can probably get platinum, but i don''t want to spend 1500 dollars on a solitaire setting. I guess i am cheap
8.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mine is WG. i just didn''t see the reason to pay extra.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
trust me i just can't wait to have them back either!!

here's a pic of ladyluvsluxury's fab. ring. it's the inspiration for my ring.

KT_201_2.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
I think that solitare from Wink's is part of a new unbranded line made by Vatche. Superbcert also has that ring with prices posted for plat (maybe it was $1050?) and you can see part of the Vatche name in the background... I wonder why the rings are unbranded - will they be at less than full Vatche quality? or just different style...

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I agree about the WG. I don''t care one way or the other, so i probably should just get the cheaper one. I just love your ring Jcrow. Too bad my diamond isn''t as big
39.gif

I am going to give Wink and call and see what he says about the RC and non-branded Vatche.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Great! Keep us posted.
36.gif
36.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I just called Wink''s store, and they said they would not shave down the RC setting. Then i called Vatche directly, and they said they would, but i had to go through one of their retail locations.
33.gif
So, i don''t really know what to do about that. I will not get the RC setting if it is going to be 3mm wide. My fingers are fat and stubby, and thicker bands look like poo on me
39.gif

Perhaps it is a sign i should have WF make a setting like Jcrow''s for me. Hmm. I don''t know what I am gonna do.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
now, if the RC gets shaved down, will a w-band sit flush with it? i wonder if it''s that wide for that purpose.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Hmm. Good question. Why does this have to be so difficult? I just called Superbcert/Excel and they said they could shave it down, but i didn''t ask about the band sitting flush.

I also asked WF for a quote of your band, so hopefully it''s not too expensive.

Maybe i should show my BF both of them, and they he can surprise me. That way he won''t be so pissy that I am picking out the entire thing
9.gif
I need to make sure thought that i would be 100% happy with either one, and i think i would be.

Thanks for all your help Jcrow!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i tried the whole you pick for me thing too. didn''t work. he wanted me held accoutable, i''m sure.

sure! no prob!!

good luck & please keep us posted!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results