shape
carat
color
clarity

What size stones in pave wedding band for a .75 solitaire?

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Pretty self explanatory title! But I have a .75 round solitaire in a white gold Brian Gavin tapered Tiffany setting. Thinking of a pave (u prong maybe?) band - which size should the wedding band stones be to have a good ratio?​

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I definitely could be wrong, but I was under the impression that a prong setting and pave setting are not the same thing. Pave (for what I understand) is a technique used for small diamonds where the metal creates the adhesive bond to hold the stone within an impression in the metal. A prong setting is metal crafted into an appropriate sized prong, in which the diamond is later added and held securely not with an adhesion technique (as pave) but simply by the grip of the prongs.... Pave settings are much less secure than prong settings and depending on craftsmanship can be subject (with regular wear) to losing diamonds.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I would suggest 10 point diamonds to compliment yet not overwhelm your .75 solitaire.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When jewelers like VC, BE and SK do halo work, most get their input for size from the jeweler.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I definitely could be wrong, but I was under the impression that a prong setting and pave setting are not the same thing. Pave (for what I understand) is a technique used for small diamonds where the metal creates the adhesive bond to hold the stone within an impression in the metal. A prong setting is metal crafted into an appropriate sized prong, in which the diamond is later added and held securely not with an adhesion technique (as pave) but simply by the grip of the prongs.... Pave settings are much less secure than prong settings and depending on craftsmanship can be subject (with regular wear) to losing diamonds.
I think you're right. I had my styles mixed up - I'm looking at prong set.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
When jewelers like VC, BE and SK do halo work, most get their input for size from the jeweler.
Sorry but I am a bit confused! Please ignore my use of the term pave. I'm looking at a u prong wedding band and wondering what size diamonds should be in the band to complement a .75 round solitaire E ring. If you are saying ask the jeweller - fair enough and I will! Was just going to google images and prices to plan a little. Probably going to buy off ID jewellery.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think you were right to ask here rather than a jeweler since we are pretty unbiased and have nothing to sell!

I think 10 pointers are a little large for your size e-ring. I would say maybe 5-8 points max.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry but I am a bit confused! Please ignore my use of the term pave. I'm looking at a u prong wedding band and wondering what size diamonds should be in the band to complement a .75 round solitaire E ring. If you are saying ask the jeweller - fair enough and I will! Was just going to google images and prices to plan a little. Probably going to buy off ID jewellery.
IDJ are great to work with! Honestly, at most I would use 5pt each and 1pt-4pt may even be better! I tried 10pt with my 1.8ct BGD and the band tends to compete with the e-ring. I would probably get a band with 5pt each. However, the best way to decide for yourself will be by going into a local jewelry store and trying a bunch. Also, please be mindful that the u-prong sits higher than the shared prong setting, you should try both of them and see how they stack against your e-ring. You may need a spacer to separate the two so that your band doesn't "eat" the prongs of your e-ring. I personally prefer low profile bands, but you will see what your preference is.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 points in the wedding band are way too big to go with a .75ct ring. I prefer to keep the visible ctw in a band ring less than half the ctw of the central stone in a solitaire. So - I'd be looking for something around 1/3 of a ct, total weight.

Generally, this will mean 3 pt stones. Blue Nile have a number like this, as do Brilliant Earth. Keep in mind, lots of small stones added together show far more surface area than 1 larger stone, ergo you have to keep them small so as not to overwhelm your solitaire.

https://www.brilliantearth.com/Sienna-Diamond-Ring-(2/5-ct.-tw.)-White-Gold-BE2M3420H/

https://www.brilliantearth.com/Shared-Prong-Diamond-Ring-(1/2-ct.-tw.)-White-Gold-BE2PD14R40/

https://www.bluenile.com/princess-cut-diamond-ring-platinum_9696?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample

https://www.bluenile.com/luna-diamond-ring-platinum_56389?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample

https://www.bluenile.com/scalloped-...old_33604?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Misread your post, sorry.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 3-5 point stones would look nice with a .75, and I'm leaning more towards 3 points - I know it sounds small but they look bigger than you'd think.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I always encourage using google images (as you suggested) but if you have a jewelery store in town where you can see different size complimentary diamonds with a .75 solitaire - that may be your best bet. Personal preferences are frequently a changed during the process and can evolve over time.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I‘m curious- which stone size did you get eventually? My solitaire is 0.65ct and I tried eternity rings with 0.03 and 0.05 stones and can’t decide :roll:. 0.07 were way too big.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results