shape
carat
color
clarity

What size stone, .75 or 1.0?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigToque

Rough_Rock
I don''t have a lot of money, but I''m willing to spend up to $6000 on a stone.

If I make the stones comparable in cut/clarity/color (say ags0/si1/g) and just look at the price, a 1ct stone is almost 100% more expensive for a stone that is only 25% larger.

Now I''ve really wanted to get a 1 ct stone just so I can say it''s 1ct, but at twice the price I don''t know what to think.

$6000 is my limit. I''m just not sure if I''m willing to sacrifice .25ct to save $3000. Sounds really stupid I know, but I''ve been really excited about buying a nice diamond for my GF for such a long time...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You find a 1ct for for about $5000! Where are you looking and what are your specifications?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 3:21:16 PM
Author:BigToque
I don''t have a lot of money, but I''m willing to spend up to $6000 on a stone.

If I make the stones comparable in cut/clarity/color (say ags0/si1/g) and just look at the price, a 1ct stone is almost 100% more expensive for a stone that is only 25% larger.

Now I''ve really wanted to get a 1 ct stone just so I can say it''s 1ct, but at twice the price I don''t know what to think.

$6000 is my limit. I''m just not sure if I''m willing to sacrifice .25ct to save $3000. Sounds really stupid I know, but I''ve been really excited about buying a nice diamond for my GF for such a long time...
you are right, there is a premium for these carat marks. look for stones (over or under) the 1ct. mark. you can get a .90 and call it a carat!
36.gif
same with the .75. it sounds like a .80 would be perfect for you!

1stdiamondbuy

Rough_Rock
Just based on a quick search, you could do something like this one. It is:

.95 ct
Ideal Cut
G
VS2
VG - Sym
Ex - Pol
61.7 Depth
57 Table
$3,886

It is big enought to look like a 1 ct without paying the premium for 1 ct. I''d recommend looking for things in the .75 - .99 range. You''ll probably find something that is considerably bigger than .75 without the premium of actually hitting 1.0. 1.0 is a magical number that a lot of people are looking for ... so the higher demand causes the price premium.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results