shape
carat
color
clarity

What size sides with .50ct center?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I really love the look of this ring made for another poster by WF (center is .61 and sides are .26). It is inspired by a Ritani. I am currently considering options for converting my solitaire to a three stone. The fact that this style has a diamond band and a center stone that is set a bit higher than the side stones meets my dream criteria.

Alas, I am having a visual dilemma. My solitaire is a 5mm, .50ct, E RB which I would like to keep as the center stone in the new setting. I would also like for it to still pop as the focal point. As such, what size would be best for the side stones?

In searching PS, I have found many examples of three stone rings. But the centers are usually larger than my RB so it is hard to get the visual. Would .20 sides be too big? Would .15 be too small?

What do you guys suggest?

WF Ritaniesque 3st.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that no matter what the proportions are, some days you will think they are too big or too small, and some days you will think they are juuust right.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
For my taste, I''d prefer 15 pointers...I am not a big fan of three-stone rings where I can''t see a distinct difference between the center and the sides. Maybe someone who is good with photoshop can give a lifesized rendering of the comparable sizes. I think 20 pointers would be around 3.8mm each and 15 pointers would be around 3.4mm each...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
With the example you posted the sides are almost half, so I''d go with around .20.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
.20 sides set a little lower than the center stone should be a lovely ring.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for .20 sidestones set at a slight angle to the center stone like the Whiteflash design you''ve shown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results