shape
carat
color
clarity

What size luggage do you use when you travel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:39:41 PM
Author: Elmorton
Violet, please let us know what you learn in the class! The only two hints I know I mentioned in my post - coordinate clothing and roll, roll, roll. When I went to Italy, my mom had condensed everything I own into little rolls the size of folded tube socks. It was crazy. I'd love to be more efficient as a packer, too.

I think there's a class this weekend which I can't make.... no schedule for another one yet but I'll sign up when I can! I did find this site last night though that might be useful. Anyone checked it out before?

http://www.onebag.com/

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
If I''m traveling for a week or less, I usually take my Le Sportsac duffel and a large handbag. If I''m gone longer than that, I''ll take my carryon-sized suitcase as well. I pack a large handbag inside one of those, and try to leave the duffel as empty as possible so I have room to bring stuff back. I can carry both pieces onto the plane (duffel goes under the seat in front of me, suitcase in the overhead bin). Then, if I need to, I can load up all three bags and check the suitcase on the way home.

If packing light isn''t easy for you, you can get packing cubes to help. They come under a few different brand names (Eagle Creek, Cubit, eBags has their own line, etc). Basically, they''re lightweight nylon zippered cubes that come in different sizes. Use one for underthings, one for shirts, one for sweaters, etc. The beauty of these is that can only hold a certain amount of stuff, and also keep things neat and organized in your suitcase. Paring stuff down can be daunting at first, but once you''ve traveled light you''ll never go back!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really bad at packing. I feel like I have to bring EVERYTHING.

I know a lot of people that give Tumi luggage good reviews. I have Keepall that I use as my carry on, but the luggage that we check is usually Samsonite or Victorinox.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results