shape
carat
color
clarity

What size is your pave or melee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,
I was wondering what size the pave (or melee) stones in your ring are?
What is the smallest you''ve seen?
What is the smallest that can be done?

Thanks
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A jeweler near my house has some with halfpointers! Mine will be made with 3 pointers. I hope I get it soon. Im DYING to wear it. :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My ring has 3 pointers. They are prong set, not pave or bead set:

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I have a jaffe set where they are 2 pointers...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The plan in production is for mine to contain 1 pointers (ring in progress). I have seen half pointers, but never smaller than that.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
You know, I''m having a ring made and I don''t even know--another ?? for my poor jeweler.
9.gif

gee5088

Rough_Rock
Hello there,

I just got my e-ring, and it''s an eternity band with 1-pointers that are bead set. Even though they''re small, all you see is shimmer because of the way they''re set, with relatively no metal showing through. They complement my 1.03 ct stone beautifully, they make it just "pop"
1.gif

What kind of ring are you thinking of, and with what size/shape center stone?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think mine are 1 pts. each.
.50 ctw

thin11.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
cel*n*gee,

I am looking at a center stone around 0.5 ct and want to get an idea of the smallest stones I can get on the side. What do you think? You have 1 pt stones on the sides and a 1.03 ct center stone but I wonder how the 0.5ct/1 pt. pave proportion will look. What is the thickness of your band with the 1 pt. stones?

Thanks for your feedback
1.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
cel*n*gee,
Do you have a picture of your ring? I read you are having it custom-made which is so fabulous.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
See this thread for more info on my rings. I have 0.01ct in the e-ring pave setting and 0.03ct in the channel-set band.

noflashcollage.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think my rings are a good edcuational example because they show two different melee and mm sizes and how they can compare to each other when placed side by side.

my e-ring is 3 pointers, 24 of them around the band for tcw of .72
my w-ring is 2 pointers, 26 of them around the band for tcw of .52

ring size as created was size 6, but i recently had them slightly stretched to 6.25 for a more comfortable fit.

the 2 pointer ring is 2.3mm and the 3 pointer ring is about 2.9mm. so you can see there is a difference in using the slightly bigger melee vs smaller. i think if i had gotten about 1 pointers then it would have been about 1.7 or 1.8mm--mine are also prong set so there is more metal than the typical bead or pave set rings.

lastly, i like the 2 pointer ring better as a ratio to my center stone, it would have made the stone look bigger to be on a 2.3mm ring rather than a 2.9mm ring, believe it or not it does make a difference. maybe someday i will have the e-ring modified.

hope this helps!

mringcombo2.JPG

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Mine has 3 sizes of melee: .01, .02, and .03 carat. The 3 channel set stones on each of the left and right sides are 3 pointers. Directly next to the center marquise diamond are two 2 pointers on each side.

eng1.jpg

One the sides facing me and facing away from me are 3 channel set 2 pointers, then down the shank towards my hand are 4 channel set 1 pointers on each side, below the 2 pointers. The basket under the center stone has 4 channel set 1 pointers on each side too.

newringside.jpg

gee5088

Rough_Rock
Hello snow_happy,

Sorry it took awhile for me to respond...I''m honored to actually be asked a question, as I''ve been lurking for quite some time and have only recently started posting... I''ll give you my $0.02 and try to be of some help!
41.gif

At first, I thought 1 pointers might be too small, but my fingers (size 5.75) are small in length so the way they''re set on the eternity band gives a very narrow look (1.7mm thick) which helps to elongate them. Also, when it comes time to get the w-band, I plan to get two eternity bands of the same width and place one on either side of the e-ring (a look I''ve seen here on Pscope, hence the inspiration-thanks ladies!). So once again, a narrow band was the way to go for me and the 1 pointers helped achieve that. Unfortunately, a digital camera is on our "things to get next" list, so until then I have no other way to post my ring.
8.gif
Believe me, I would be GREATLY honored to be included in the SMTR forum!

What is your plan for the actual way the stones will be set on the band? This may make a difference on your choice in that if there will be little metal (like if they were bead or pave set), then I''m not sure how "safe" using anything smaller than 1 pointers would be. That might result in a band that is too narrow. If you did a channel-type setting or something that uses more metal on the "sides" of the melee, then I think you could use the half pointers. This would make more of a visible difference between your center stone and the melee.

I believe either way would look beautiful, just depending on the actual setting style. Good luck and have fun, all these decisions you''re in the midst of making are part of the process-stressful I know personally, but enjoy yourself nonetheless!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results