shape
carat
color
clarity

what size eternity band for a 1ct solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, so what is everyone''s opinion on what tcw size eternity band goes best with a ~1 ct solitaire? Or what point size stones? (For instance, in a 5-stone band, the stones should be around what point size to not detract from a 1ct solitaire?)

thanks!

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Katiedid,
I would recommend not greater than .20ct. but in all honestly it really depends on how you feel.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I agree, it really depends on how your feel. It''s pretty subjective. I don''t know if this help, but the guideline for my wedding band is that as long as it helps to enhances and compliments my engagement ring, and not detract from it, then it''s good.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The one you fall in love with.
9.gif

I''ve got a .21ctw bezel band with a .75 solitaire and I think it''s perfect. But that''s just me.
5.gif

Seriously though, I''d go out and try on a bajillion and 4 and find the size that you like best!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! My current ering is 1.01 ct and my eternity band is around .84 tcw and I think it''s very dainty and on the small side (and really doesn''t carry enough weight to be worn alone). It has 3 pt stones in it and I''ve wondered if something around 6-7 pts would be too much. Just curious as to what others thought.

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
You can easily go up to 0.10ct each and it will look great.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 11:58:39 AM
Author: katiedid
Thanks all! My current ering is 1.01 ct and my eternity band is around .84 tcw and I think it''s very dainty and on the small side (and really doesn''t carry enough weight to be worn alone). It has 3 pt stones in it and I''ve wondered if something around 6-7 pts would be too much. Just curious as to what others thought.

Hi Katie

You know my story. I got the 10 pointers and I think you can totally carry it off with your e-ring. I did try on some 7 pointers and it looked great too..but when I found out that the 10 pointers were within my budget, I jumped at it.
35.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks so much for the feedback! atroop, you really think that size wouldn''t be too big with my ering? Guess I need to head to the maul and try some on huh?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 2:02:56 PM
thanks so much for the feedback! atroop, you really think that size wouldn''t be too big with my ering? Guess I need to head to the maul and try some on huh?

I think that''s the best thing you can do. I went to a local jeweler here in NYC (Soho) and tried on eternity bands. They didn''t have a 10 pointer band but they had one with 7 pointers and the other with 12 pointers. I REALLY loved the 12 pointers but when it came time to order..I decided on 10 pointers so they wouldn''t take away from my e-ring and I wanted ACA stones..so with my budget in hand and ACA''s on my mind..10 pointers it was!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that .10''s would look great, but not any higher.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kcoursolle, every time I see your ring, I think "hmmm 5 or 7 stone would sure be nice too..."

too many choices!

Megane

Rough_Rock
I definitely think that you should not go any higher than 0.10, and I think it would be too much still. I did try it with my 1.22 and it was limit.
My current diamond is 1.22 and my eternity band has 0.15, and it takes away from the center stone. I am currently upgrading my stone to a 1.7 to have better proportions.
My best advice is to go to a jewelry store and try several bands so you can see exactly how the proportions are.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on a u-prong with 10 pointers today and loved it. But I would not go any larger.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
This is a very interesting conversation.
Katiedid, did you consider the 5- or 7-stone? Would you go larger in pointsize in those designs?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi LaraOnline, I did try on some 5 and 7-stone bands but didn''t like them as much. I think I''m used to the eternity look and feel and I really like it. One of the 5-stone bands I tried on had bigger than 10 pt stones and I immediately put it back. It was gorgeous on its own but not with my (relatively little) 1.01 ct solitaire!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you could get a 5 stone band with bigger diamonds and wear it when you aren''t wearing your wedding set?
31.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Maisie! Actually, I''m one of those people who doesn''t have lots of "options" with my ering/wedding band. I wear it the same way all the time (other than maybe when I take off the ering and wear just the wedding band). So I don''t think I''d get much use out of a 5-stone unless I wore it on my right hand. And I already have the WF scattered diamond band that I wear on that hand!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely go to a quality local jewelry store and try on different sizes to see what works best for you. I had my heart set on an eternity band with 13-pointers until I tried one on with 7-pointers, and then I just knew the 7-pointers were the right size *for me*.

I''d beware any specific advice about what size to get; it''s your set and only you can tell which you prefer.

Good luck!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:58:25 PM
Thanks Maisie! Actually, I''m one of those people who doesn''t have lots of ''options'' with my ering/wedding band. I wear it the same way all the time (other than maybe when I take off the ering and wear just the wedding band). So I don''t think I''d get much use out of a 5-stone unless I wore it on my right hand. And I already have the WF scattered diamond band that I wear on that hand!
I understand. I am still hoping for a scattered band.. and a 5 stone sparkly! I might have to wait a while though!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good point Haven! And Maisie, I totally understand on having to wait on all the pretties we want!

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Hi Katie,

I have a .84 solitaire,My eternity band is a 1.50 and I think its perfect but I have decided to upgrade and I have to admit... your 2 carat was my inspiration! I also plan on upgrading my solitaire to a 1.35 in a couple of years

ggrrttyy.JPG

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
When you all say 10 pointers what is the ct weight of each stone?

My jeweler said my band has 10 melée totaling .25... What "point size" are they if each stone is .025?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
.10 c each

So your ring would have stones weighing 2.5 points each...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results