shape
carat
color
clarity

What size do you get for an eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know about anyone else, but my finger size changes DRAMATICALLY in summer/winter. I got my e-ring in June, and in the 90-100 degree weather, my 5.25 ring was tight, not uncomfortably so but since it''s got such a very thin shank it made my fingers look kind of sausage-y. for the last 4 months or so in the colder weather, it''s been loose, not loose enough to fall off (probably) but it fits my middle finger the way it should fit the ring finger. at the jeweler last weekend he estimated i am a 4.25-4.5. pretty big difference from the summer.

would you get something in between the sizes you wear (although a 5 might not fit me in the summer at all) or get the biggest size you wear and tack on a little sizing bar (not sure if that''s what it''s called, but the piece of metal tacked on a ring to make the inner diameter smaller) in the winter?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m the same way. I think my 65-70 degree ring size is 5.75. When it''s very cold, my size 6 ring can FLY OFF (no joke). When it''s very hot, even though the shank is thin (1.9mm), it''s uncomfortably tight.

I just got my w-band (eternity, not that it matters really) in my normal size 6 (~.25 bigger than my actual ring size, I like my rings to sit slightly loose as opposed to slightly tight). It probably wouldn''t be as big of an issue as you think.

Also, a band will be FAR less likely to fly off than an e-ring. The e-ring is top-heavy and will flop around, where a band won''t, really.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:59:12 PM
Author:frenchblue
get the biggest size you wear and tack on a little sizing bar (not sure if that''s what it''s called, but the piece of metal tacked on a ring to make the inner diameter smaller) in the winter?
DON''T DO THIS. The metal sizing attachments will scratch your ring. There are plastic ones, I think, if it comes to that.

kaori

Shiny_Rock
How about getting two bands? One to wear on the warmer season and one for the cooler days?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:52:45 PM
Author: kaori
How about getting two bands? One to wear on the warmer season and one for the cooler days?
hehe... I think only a pricescoper would ever use this logic! Good idea though!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about getting it sized for your summer wear, then wearing a super thin band with it in winter to prevent it from slipping off?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My fingers do the same thing. I'm a 5.75 in the winter and closer to a 6.25 in summer. My rings are all 6.25. They spin some during the winter, but never are loose enough to fall off. I'd go with the bigger size so you are able to wear them in the summer.

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:23:44 PM
Author: Chrono
How about getting it sized for your summer wear, then wearing a super thin band with it in winter to prevent it from slipping off?

thank you to everyone for their suggestions! i think i like this idea best, thanks chrono!. i think i found a band but i''m going to wait til it gets here to show you guys. i''m not positive yet but i think i got a great deal on something pretty fantastic! i won''t say any more just yet...
11.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys, just wanted to add to the size conversation.

Just got my eternity band. Its perfect, 3 pointers, D-F, VS, sparkely like Hell!!!! But of course I chose the wrong size.
20.gif
29.gif

So it actually hurts the little finger next to my ring finger. It looks superb, but since Im so delicate.....think Princess and the Pea......its actually hurting my whole left arm.

Something to think about????

I am lucky that my Mum has bigger hands and will take it off me and I can reorder a smaller size.

The tallness is 2 mm which makes a big difference if your fingers are close together like mine. I cant wear any ring that juts out on the sides too much.....Im just finding out!!!!!
14.gif

This eternity band is so sparkely and pretty its unbelievable. It is the perfect size for me to wear next to my engagement ring, but too small by itself. Will post pictures when I can get a whole army of people here to help!!! I am reliant on my kids and dh to help.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 6:44:19 PM
Author: frenchblue

thank you to everyone for their suggestions! i think i like this idea best, thanks chrono!. i think i found a band but i''m going to wait til it gets here to show you guys. i''m not positive yet but i think i got a great deal on something pretty fantastic! i won''t say any more just yet...
11.gif
You''re welcome. I can''t wait to see what you''ve found.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 6:44:19 PM
Author: frenchblue

11.gif
I will be keeping my eyes peeled for goodies from you....
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results