shape
carat
color
clarity

What size center diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spinner

Rough_Rock
I need some suggestions. I have two absolutely beautiful saphires they are cushion cut. Measures 7.5x6.2. What size center diamond should I get? also.. should it be a cushion too? Specific measurements would be helpful. I''ve seen them all. 2 to 3.25 carats in Radiant, Emerald, Cushion. I''m so confused. Its for my 20th anniversary.

Thanks,

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommend a center cushion that is larger than the side sapphires. Having an emerald cut will not work as well because of the cutting pattern being step cut which will be overshadowed by the brilliant cushion cut of the sidestones. A radiant might work but another cushion is a safer choice. In terms of size, it also depends on the look aka ratio that you want to achieve. I’d go for a slightly rectangular center stone as well to match the sides. 2 ct is probably too small since it is barely 7.5 mm and will give the look of a 3 stone ring where all are the same size. I suggest at least 3 ct so that the center is noticeably larger than the sides.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First of all, relax. You are supposed to enjoy the process!

There is no rule about what proportions to use or a formula where we plug in your numbers and it spits out the perfect ring. I recommend that you look around at lot, see a lot of beautiful 3 stone rings ("Show me the ring" is a great place to start) and decide what you like and what would look good on you. I do, however, agree with Chrono that the center stone should be visibly larger than the sidestone.

I love diamonds with sapphire sides (or sapphires with diamond sides) and I am sure your ring will be beautiful! Do you mind posting pictures of your sapphires? We love seeing pictures!

spinner

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your advice. I did go for the 3ct center stone. Thinking about using James Meyers for a bezel setting but wondering if the stones will line up.
Will post when I''m done in February. (My 20th anniversary.)

spinner

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Went for the 3 carat center stone after all. End measurement is 9.6x8.2

Will post when it''s all done. Now I need to find a setting. Any opinions on James Meyer?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the same shape for the diamond but definitely larger. Can you go somewhere and see what size stone you like with them?

spinner

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice. I went with a Cushion cut for the center stone. Now I''m struggling with a setting. Any advice?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is going to be beautiful! Do you like bezels, prongs, pave bands, plain bands...what do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results