shape
carat
color
clarity

What shows have you recently binge watched?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
StephanieLynn|1455061978|3989133 said:
Oh I almost forgot about Seinfeld!! We were watching that before we got cable (which we went without for 3 years). Love that show.

Seinfeld was awesome, I still have to visit the George Costanza-themed bar here in my hometown!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just watched the first four episodes of Mozart in the Jungle in one sitting last weekend. We'll have to do it again soon as we are still behind.

We recently watched the first couple of episodes of Billions and are now current.

Shameless and Silicon Valley are both fun and easy to binge watch.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wentworth on Netflix! I'm dying for season 3 to come out!!! I liked it even more than Orange is the new black!

Now I'm on to drop dead diva :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The White Queen. I have it on DVD and binge on it every couple of months.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1456955562|3998713 said:
The White Queen. I have it on DVD and binge on it every couple of months.
The White Queen is GOooooddd! When I found it on Starz on demand, I powered through it!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Currently binging on Life in Pieces and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Waiting for Bloodline's 2nd season to start.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
West Wing. I like it, but forgot how over-the-top preachy it can be. :rolleyes: Also rewatching bits of Downtown Abbey (skipping Season 2 because I don't like the war parts).

For new shows, my husband and I just started The Americans (starring Felicity actress, about a KGB agents living as an American couple in Reagan-era Virginia!). It's pretty good so far.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1456942957|3998556 said:
We just watched the first four episodes of Mozart in the Jungle in one sitting last weekend. We'll have to do it again soon as we are still behind.

We recently watched the first couple of episodes of Billions and are now current.

Yes, I also found Mozart in the Jungle to be quite addictive!

Ooh, I'd never heard of Billions, but it looks interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1457048675|3999331 said:
West Wing. I like it, but forgot how over-the-top preachy it can be. :rolleyes: Also rewatching bits of Downtown Abbey (skipping Season 2 because I don't like the war parts).

For new shows, my husband and I just started The Americans (starring Felicity actress, about a KGB agents living as an American couple in Reagan-era Virginia!). It's pretty good so far.

The Americans is a very entertaining series. My dh likes it more than I do but I also enjoy it.

blingbunny10 said:
mary poppins|1456942957|3998556 said:

Yes, I also found Mozart in the Jungle to be quite addictive!

Ooh, I'd never heard of Billions, but it looks interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

Billions is pretty entertaining as well. Though I have to say I enjoy the actors more than the storyline.

Also enjoyed the first few episodes of Mozart in the Jungle. Thanks for the reminder to continue watching. We just stopped watching for some reason.

I am going to miss Downton Abbey! :((

Anyone watching American Crime this season? The first episode was good but now it is just not entertaining and I find it a bore. We stopped watching a few episodes in and same for that OJ series. I didn't like that from episode one however and stopped watching after that first episode.

Does anyone have any recommendations for new shows coming out? I think the new season of House of Cards is going to start soon. Gotta love Netflix allowing us to watch the whole season in one shot. :appl: Of course then it is over so fast. ::) But the pros outweigh the cons for sure. LOVE that immediate gratification and satisfaction of seeing it through from beginning to middle to end as quickly as one wants.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Call the Midwife. A BBC program based on the novel by Jennifer Worth.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imitcan|1457099895|3999643 said:

Loved that and thank you for the reminder. Watched a few episodes and then just stopped. Lots of good shows but not enough time or desire to watch them all.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *plan* on binging (sp?) on House of Cards!

I had totally forgotten the season started March 1! :appl:

Anyone else?

(can't wait to see Claire!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1457137744|3999998 said:
I *plan* on binging (sp?) on House of Cards!

I had totally forgotten the season started March 1! :appl:

Anyone else?

(can't wait to see Claire!)

We just started it last night and watched 3 episodes. Loving it. :appl:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you continue to like it, missy!

(and I hope this season is good - we did not start it last night like we intended.)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We watched a few episodes of House of Cards this weekend. We also began watching Blue Bloods a couple of months ago. We're in season 2 now and it's really good.

Other shows we've binged and loved: Parks and Recreation, The West Wing, Downton Abbey, Happy Valley, Doc Martin, The Fosters, and Scott and Bailey.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy, your comment about Billions made me laugh because that's how my husband and I feel. I really want to like it because I really like all of the actors, but I find the show hard to follow and understand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1457188224|4000173 said:

(and I hope this season is good - we did not start it last night like we intended.)

We are enjoying it. Up to episode 9. My dh thinks it is a bit (more) far fetched 8) than previous seasons but we are still finding it entertaining. LOVE Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. I want to be her when I grow up. :lol: She's edgy and tough. Though I wouldn't want her type of marriage/relationship she has with her dh. So never mind. :wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1457389409|4001208 said:
Missy, your comment about Billions made me laugh because that's how my husband and I feel. I really want to like it because I really like all of the actors, but I find the show hard to follow and understand.

Exactly. Though I know my dh is having no problem whatsoever it is just not my scene. But I am enjoying the actors. I love Damian Lewis. Loved him in Homeland too.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
Outlander (my new favorite show)
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imitcan|1457099895|3999643 said:

+1 Wonderful series!
I love that character/actress, Chummy.

screen_shot_2016-03-07_at_2.png

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like to begin watching Modern Family but I can't find the first season on On Demand or Hulu. Another show I'd love to check out is Mr. Selfridge. I love Jeremy Piven.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1457389433|4001209 said:
CJ2008|1457188224|4000173 said:

We are enjoying it. Up to episode 9. My dh thinks it is a bit (more) far fetched 8) than previous seasons but we are still finding it entertaining. LOVE Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. I want to be her when I grow up. :lol: She's edgy and tough. Though I wouldn't want her type of marriage/relationship she has with her dh. So never mind. :wink2:

Yes...there were moments where I felt the same...and have heard other people say it too.

But I was so entertained by it all and love looking at Claire and her dresses and her haircuts so much (and I like Kevin Spacey too) I don't care! haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are enjoying it CJ!

While this isn't a show we binge watch I just want to add it here as I think it is one of the best shows on TV right now.
Good Wife
We really love this show. Smart writing and interesting developments and sure many of them implausible but we watch tv/netflix/movies usually to escape reality for a while. And though we also enjoy documentaries sometimes it is more relaxing escaping reality for a little bit. I love Good Wife. I miss Will Gardner though! I have always loved Josh Charles. Remember him in Sports Night? Another show I loved. The new investigator in Good Wife however is very sexy. Jeffrey Dean Morgan. :love:

Btw did I share how great the documentary Meru is? Worth checking out!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew I was forgetting something. We're caught up now, but we started binge watching The Good Wife, and it's so good! Thanks for the reminder, Missy!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I've just started to binge on Season 1 of GAME OF THRONES because the new season starts next month and I want to refresh my memory.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Good Wife :D

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Oldies but goodies:

Mad Men
Nurse Jackie

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
It all started with P&P one Christmas eve. My sweet guys let me finish on Christmas day. They wer e probably the only guys in English lit class who had, over years, seen the whole mini series and knew the differences with the movie! Binged on Firefly, dr. Who, Monk, Midsomer Murders.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently binge watching Happy Valley on Netflix. So good.We finished season 1 (it's about 6 epodes I think so like a really long movie and we watched it in 2 nights) and are now in the middle of season 2. I will be sad when we finish it because there are no more seasons. Yet. Highly recommend this series. It's very well done and entertaining.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results