Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What shows have you recently binge watched?

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
5,903
Happy Monday!

I dont know if it's a trend or not, but it seems like a lot of people have been picking a show and watching it all the way through. So I want to know, what have you binge watched lately? By the way, binge watch for this purpose can mean watching over time, who has a weekend to sit and watch ten seasons of CSI?

Mine are:

Big Bang Theory
Cheers
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,880
Does watching a mini series in one weekend count?

We watched over 7 hours of The Godfather 1 and 2 compilation in one weekend. It was an amazing compilation.

Have previously (in the past) binge watched:

Orange is the New Black

House of Cards


Some of the tv shows we don't watch each week but save up on TIVO to watch in a few weeks vs over the whole season are:

Survivor

Downton Abbey
 

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
5,903
missy|1454945426|3988367 said:
Does watching a mini series in one weekend count?

We watched over 7 hours of The Godfather 1 and 2 compilation in one weekend. It was an amazing compilation.

Have previously (in the past) binge watched:

Orange is the New Black

House of Cards


Some of the tv shows we don't watch each week but save up on TIVO to watch in a few weeks vs over the whole season are:

Survivor

Downton Abbey

Is The Godfather on Netflix? If so I might need to add that to my list!
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,147
I'm addicted to "Foyle's War", now streaming on Netflix.

From their wesbite:

Michael Kitchen (Out of Africa) stars in this universally acclaimed mystery as DCS Christopher Foyle, investigating crimes on the home front during WWII and, later, counterintelligence threats at the dawn of the Cold War.
Also starring Honeysuckle Weeks, Anthony Howell, and a host of fantastic guest stars, the series boasts superb acting, uncompromising historical accuracy, and compelling mysteries that make it "a triumph from start to finish" (The Wall Street Journal).


This actress is fantastic!!!
But my Glob! why the silly name ... Honeysuckle Weeks? :lol:

screen_shot_2016-02-08_at_8.png
 

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
10,615
We go thru fits and spurts of what we watch. A coupe times a year we do Walking Dead-right before the season starts for the year and then again before the midseason starts up again...we're on Season Five now.

And we are watching Frasier also, for our comedy relief from zombies- on S7 currently. TBBT and Modern Family will be started (for the Nth time) when we're done w/Frasier.

Will & Grace and La Femme Nikita are in my rotation at times.
 

chemgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,995
Currently on You're the Worst. It makes me feel like a better person lol.
 

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
2,605
Hi,

House of Cards

The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency--I think Starz

Homeland---Showtime-----The Best!

I like Foyles War as well.


Annette
 

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
3,794
I have been watching House....I found it runs on the cable channels alot on Saturday's and Sunday's....I cant seem to turn it off
 

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1,628
The Tudors--all of them.
The Royals {hangs head in shame}
Empire
Big Bang Theory
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,880
StephanieLynn|1454947672|3988384 said:
missy|1454945426|3988367 said:
Does watching a mini series in one weekend count?

We watched over 7 hours of The Godfather 1 and 2 compilation in one weekend. It was an amazing compilation.

Have previously (in the past) binge watched:

Orange is the New Black

House of Cards


Some of the tv shows we don't watch each week but save up on TIVO to watch in a few weeks vs over the whole season are:

Survivor

Downton Abbey

Is The Godfather on Netflix? If so I might need to add that to my list!
Hi Stephanie, no unfortunately The Godfather compilation was on HBO. The first 2 Godfather movies were edited seamlessly and the beginning was changed where it makes more sense. I really loved how they did it. And OMG a young Robert DeNiro...what a heartthrob. I mean I am already in love with the young Al Pacino but I forgot how handsome Robert DeNiro was too. :love:
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,880
diamondrnglover|1454967510|3988510 said:
I have been watching House....I found it runs on the cable channels alot on Saturday's and Sunday's....I cant seem to turn it off
I love this show.
 

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
4,567
Together
House of Cards
Homeland
The Killing

My husband (not my thing)
Game of Thrones
Luther
Sherlock Holms English version. (I watched a few of these)

We've not watching the making of a Murderer yet... We started it and only watched one episode.
 

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
684
Most recent was Scott & Bailey, a British female homicide detective show. It's on Netflix.
Before that, the Americans, Homeland, Sherlock.

Oh, edited to add Fixer Upper, but that's when I'm solo.
 

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
906
Better Call Saul. I watched it last year and I just love this show. I was never a Breaking Bad fan, but I really enjoy Saul and Mike. The new season starts soon, so I bought the DVDs and have watching those.

Downton Abbey. I received season 1-5 DVDs for Christmas, and had never watched the earlier seasons. So I have been working my way though those.

I'm not a huge TV watcher. I'm more of their worst nightmare: A fickle viewer who will watch a few episodes with great enthusiasm, and then just forget all about the show. :lol: I like radio better. I can listen to it and still get a multitude of other things done. TV, not so much. I used to place the demand upon myself that if I was going to be watching TV, I had to be on treadmill, stairstepper, or exercise bike. I think I need to reinstate that policy. I could add "eliptical" to that now.
 

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
20,037
Lots of people posted what they like on the Netflix thread. My most recent was "Wentworth" and "Nurse Jackie." I like the binge on one series before I move on.
 

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
2,270
missy|1454972865|3988547 said:
diamondrnglover|1454967510|3988510 said:
I have been watching House....I found it runs on the cable channels alot on Saturday's and Sunday's....I cant seem to turn it off
I love this show.
House is one of my all time faves-the earlier episodes were better-less drama and character development and more medicine. As House says, "Everyone lies.".
 

jordyonbass

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
1,809
I'm picky with what I watch on TV, but the last show that had me hooked was a competition called 'Alone'. They put 10 survival experts in isolated spots on Vancouver Island in British Columbia and the contestants can take 10 items of their choice, the goal is to survive as long as possible. They've got a whole lot of camera gear to self-document their experience and a tap-out button where they can give up and the producers come rescue them, last man standing gets half a million.

Being a person that ventures out into the wild solo it interested me to watch how they adapted to an environment with bears, wolves and cougars as well as fight their own mental games.
 

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
3,794
lambskin|1454991194|3988650 said:
missy|1454972865|3988547 said:
diamondrnglover|1454967510|3988510 said:
I have been watching House....I found it runs on the cable channels alot on Saturday's and Sunday's....I cant seem to turn it off
I love this show.
House is one of my all time faves-the earlier episodes were better-less drama and character development and more medicine. As House says, "Everyone lies.".
yeah it got a little goofier in the later episodes, I like the earlier one's as well....and I wont lie, I think he is kinda of hot lol
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,880
diamondrnglover|1455010585|3988701 said:
lambskin|1454991194|3988650 said:
missy|1454972865|3988547 said:
diamondrnglover|1454967510|3988510 said:
I have been watching House....I found it runs on the cable channels alot on Saturday's and Sunday's....I cant seem to turn it off
I love this show.
House is one of my all time faves-the earlier episodes were better-less drama and character development and more medicine. As House says, "Everyone lies.".
yeah it got a little goofier in the later episodes, I like the earlier one's as well....and I wont lie, I think he is kinda of hot lol
Agreed. I prefer the earlier episodes too. And as far as thinking Dr House is kinda hot well yeah his personality-belligerent, argumentative, dark and tormented and the fact that he is so darn smart is a draw for many of us hahaha. I guess it goes to the girl being drawn to the bad boy with the dark and tormented past. :wink2:


jordyonbass said:
I'm picky with what I watch on TV, but the last show that had me hooked was a competition called 'Alone'. They put 10 survival experts in isolated spots on Vancouver Island in British Columbia and the contestants can take 10 items of their choice, the goal is to survive as long as possible. They've got a whole lot of camera gear to self-document their experience and a tap-out button where they can give up and the producers come rescue them, last man standing gets half a million.

Being a person that ventures out into the wild solo it interested me to watch how they adapted to an environment with bears, wolves and cougars as well as fight their own mental games.
Jordy, I love the premise of your show Alone. I don't think we get it here (but will have to check because I would enjoy it) but it sounds similar though not that close to a show here called Naked and Afraid. It's gimmicky because they are naked and it is a couple working together who they drop in the wilderness in a hostile environment to see if they can survive for a specified amount of time. I enjoy the premise but I think them being naked is sorta silly.
Alone sounds really enjoyable. I love the mental aspect of survival shows.


AdaBeta, My dh and I loved Breaking Bad and it was one of the shows we binge watched. The perfect binge watching show.
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,880
pearaffair|1455023558|3988739 said:
Gilmore girls!

Ooh yes, LOVE LOVE LOVE Gilmore Girls! And we have binge watched it in the past when rewatching the series. However when it was on regular TV for the first time I couldn't wait and had to watch each episode as they aired. It was that good. I miss it!
 

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
826
I've been binging on Mad Men lately. I was completely turned off when the series was airing but I guess I'm in a different head space now and I'm enjoying it.

I never watched Breaking Bad until it was on Netflix. Then we binged on it from start to finish. We'd be like hey we should (wash clothes, bathe, check the mailbox, go outside....) or we could watch Breaking Bad. We didn't accomplish anything other than work and Breaking Bad for a couple of weeks.
 

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
906
I actually think Breaking Bad is ideally binge-watched. :lol: It makes it *so* much easier to keep track of the characters and plot. I'd drop in and binge-watch when they were doing the marathons on AMC. Then I'd find it became a little to morbid or disgusting or something and I'd drift off. So far, I've never seen all the episodes.

Mad Men is a good show, too. I am one of the people who things seasons 1-3 were the best of it. I bought DVDs of seasons 1-6 cheap at Ollie's Discount store. (I know, I could record or stream shows, but that would take time and/or to do, and one thing I don't give much to TV is my time. Or money. lol) Splitting S7 into two different calendar years was sheer lunacy. I hated Sylvia. The longer the series went on, the less I liked all of the characters. By S7, I was liking Arnie, Henry, and Mona the best. (haha) By the last episode, I was hoping Don Draper either gets killed off or he finally picked up for desertion just so he couldn't go on being a drunken lout. But there ain't no justice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 15, 2015
Messages
2,261
missy said:
pearaffair|1455023558|3988739 said:
Gilmore girls!

Ooh yes, LOVE LOVE LOVE Gilmore Girls! And we have binge watched it in the past when rewatching the series. However when it was on regular TV for the first time I couldn't wait and had to watch each episode as they aired. It was that good. I miss it!
Did you hear some new episodes are in the works?! I can't wait!
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,147
I think DF bindges on watches. :mrgreen:
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,880
pearaffair|1455054214|3989060 said:
missy said:
pearaffair|1455023558|3988739 said:
Gilmore girls!

Ooh yes, LOVE LOVE LOVE Gilmore Girls! And we have binge watched it in the past when rewatching the series. However when it was on regular TV for the first time I couldn't wait and had to watch each episode as they aired. It was that good. I miss it!
Did you hear some new episodes are in the works?! I can't wait!

So excited. :appl:
 

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
5,903
Oh I almost forgot about Seinfeld!! We were watching that before we got cable (which we went without for 3 years). Love that show.

Getting lots of good ideas for some futures like Mad Men sounds like a good one.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,348
Parks and Recreation (for the third time)
Venture Brothers
Archer
Law and Order SVU
Firefly
Pride and Prejudice (the BBC Mini Series with Colin Firth)

My recent binge watches
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top