shape
carat
color
clarity

what should I pay for this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smiley

Rough_Rock
what should I pay for a 1.10 carat vs2 F color diamond?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Smiley,
If you gave us more information we could give you a better idea of the price. Your question is like asking how much a 2003 Ford Mustang would cost. There are a lot of factors left out of the question.
If the diamond is round, certified by a major lab, not chipped, not treated, etc. It would probably sell, on the internet, for between $6000 and $7000 depending on cut.
If you are buying in a retail store it will sell for between $6500 and $10,000 maybe more.
Sorry, that is as close as I can get without more info.
Give us the GIA cert information and tell us what they are asking and we can put a point on this.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, pricescope is listing 1.1 F VS2 diamonds from $5433 to $7900. That might give you some idea. However, expect to pay more for a really good cut and less for a crappy one. Things like the girdle and the flourescence make a difference too. Do you have any more information on it? Plus, shopping at a local jeweler will probably be more expensive than an internet store -- they offer you the ability to view a wide variety of stones, come in for adjustments, the security of seeing before you buy, etc. Plus they have an overhead to keep up a retail establishment.

Can you get more information? Is it certified? If so, copy down ALL of the information from the certificate. If not, have it independently appraised or certified before committing to the sale. Can you get a sarin analysis? You need more information to know exactly what is a reasonable price for that stone. But in the end, remember the law of economics is that a good price is exactly how much you are willing to pay for it.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results