shape
carat
color
clarity

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Last Saturday, I went to a Jewelry store in Chinatown, NY, and saw this diamond

http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=15633197&weight=1.02

The sales made a offer of $6988. I didn''t get the stone right away because I want to check the diamond out with HCA, so I told her that I will get back to her after I check something out online. I also ask her to let me know if they have new stones around 1.20ct come in, I was looking for a stone around 1.2ct, but the price on this 1.02 F VS1 seems like it''s a good deal.

I put the numbers of this 1.02 in HCA, and it scores 1.8 (Ex, VG, VG, VG), and find out the diamond could be a candian stone if the inscription on the girdle is "real", so I called them back and told them I will go to their store after work. I went to the store again on Wednesday, they showed me two more stones, but I didn''t like them. I was making up my mind whether or not to get the 1.02 ct, the sales told me the price they offered was a mistake, $6988 was for a different stone. The price for this stone should be $7800, they can make it $7660 if I can make decision right away. Of course I didn''t. I was pretty disappointed. How could this happen? When she game me the offer on last Saturday , she wrote it on her business card, F, VS1, 1.02ct. Ex Ex Ex. for $6988. I am thinking it might be because there were some other people interested on the stone, so they want to raise the price. I walked out of the store kinda disappointed.

The interesting thing is, the manager of the store called me this morning, ask me to offer them a price, if they can do it, they will sell it to me. I haven''t get back to him yet. Now I am wondering if they is anything wrong with the stone. I really didn''t think they would have any problem selling the stone, becuase while we were in the store the first time, there was another couple, obviously they didn''t know Pricescope, and dont'' know much about diamond. They bought a diamond in 15 minutes for $6500, and that diamond is really not a good one. I peeked the certificate. Anyway, what should I do now? This diamond has GIA triple excellent, and is a really clean VS1. There was only a feather on the edege of the diagram on GIA report, and couple pinpoints on the bottom of the stone. I am really afraid of the is something wrong with the stone. They don''t have a return policy, but they will take the stone back for 90% of the purchase price if I want to upgrade, and 85% if I need money.

Please give your opinions and comments. Thank you very much!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you don''t really trust the vendor, and I don''t blame you. But if you don''t trust them then I don''t think you should buy from them either. Many times your gut instincts can be correct, and passing this place up might save you a lot of hassle later on.

*M*

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
RE: Don't have a return policy.............

There are plenty of sellers who do have return policies, and 100% upgrade credits. Probably a lot more prudent to deal with merchants that are afraid to make refunds - so don't feel disappointed.

Think you'll do far better with someone else.

Better safe than sorry. There's an old adage that I think applies here..... "WHEN IN DOUBT- DON"T!"

Rockdoc

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 1:23:31 PM
Author: poptart
It sounds like you don''t really trust the vendor, and I don''t blame you. But if you don''t trust them then I don''t think you should buy from them either. Many times your gut instincts can be correct, and passing this place up might save you a lot of hassle later on.

*M*
They are big chain stores in Chinatown. And I have friends bought diamonds from them before. I am worry about the feather on the edege, other than that, it''s a very very clean stone. But I bet GIA graded it a VS1 for a reason, I am afraid of that feather going to affect the durability of the stone.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
I forgot to say that they will refund me 100% money back if the stone is not the same one as the GIA certificate. I just can''t return it simlply because I don''t like it or something.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I'd pass. They just sound kind of shady. One thing is for sure, there are a lot of lovely 1 carat diamonds, and I imagine you can find one for a comparable price, and probably a little less from someone more trustworthy.

In fact, I just did a search here on PS and found a 1.01 F VS1 from James Allen with a Price Scope price of $6940.

Here's the link: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=1036149

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that I would also pass...they came back to you with a price difference of almost $1000 a few days later, not cool. Maybe she made a mistake, fine, but I just don''t trust that sort of thing.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Their sales tacics are really frustrating and unncessary. Also, you can find 100% upgrade policies from a pricescope vendor with a larger selection of well-priced and lovey stones.....just something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results