shape
carat
color
clarity

what should i choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia

Rough_Rock
Please help i need your opinion, what should i choose a lazare diamond, an eight star diamond or a good GIA certified diamond.
The problem is we don't have any eight star diamond representative so i can't see the diamond and compare them myself.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The 8star will have a particular look to it that is typical of that brand of diamond. That is what you are paying for in an 8star. They are very pretty with lots of dispersion and lots of brilliancy.

The Lazare will be a finely cut stone that will look very nice and will likely perform well with any of the devices to measure light return. Lots of brilliancy, maybe a touch less dispersion than the 8star.

A GIA graded diamond may be a great stone or maybe a poor one as far as cut goes. The GIA is lagging behind on this topic. No doubt the color and clarity will be pretty correctly described, but the cut? No one can say with the data GIA provides.

The GIA graded stone may be the most affordable and could be an excellent cut. You need an Ideal-Scope, at the very least, to know if it performs well for cutting.

mia

Rough_Rock
Hi thank you very much for the replies.
I just thought, with the data's from the GIA certificate about the percentage of parts of the diamond you can in some degree value the cutting?
What I meant was with the same value of money which one of the three should i choose?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can know very little from the GIA data about a diamonds cut.

You can ask a stones owner to get a Sarin report on all the other angles and proportions and then enter them into HCA. This will give you the information that enables you to use the HCA service here on Pricescope.

The GIA stone would be the cheapest, but the hardest to find a well cut stone with. That is why the others charge more for their quality control and gaurantee of quality.

mia

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much guys, you are amazing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results