shape
carat
color
clarity

what should I ask the vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tintin

Rough_Rock
Experts please advise all the newbies here. If I am going to buy a diamond from online vendor, except all the known information (color, clarity, numbers), what questions or should I ask about the stone or what else should I request for to ensure that it''s a good one?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Tintin, get the basic data: color, clarity, which lab graded it......get the information on depth, table, crown angle, pavilion angle, girdle. Get the information on polish/symmetry/fluorescence.

Ask about the inclusions. Is the stone eyeclean? What type of inclusions does it have? If they are feathers, and they are near the girdle, do they break the surface? What color are they (white, dark, black)? Where are the inclusions located in the stone? If there are clouds, how prominent are they? Some may even tell you which inclusion they believe is the grader.

Ask your vendor to look the stone while he's on the phone with you and tell you what he sees.

Ask if he can supply you with pictures.....magnified pictures of the inclusions, pictures of the stone at 10x, ideal scope images, anything to help you "view" the stone too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results