shape
carat
color
clarity

What should an appraisal tell you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kathristin

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I recently purchased a beautiful engagement ring. Now we have to get it appraised and get insurance. When getting an appraisal, is the goal simply to make sure the diamond matches the certificate (color clarity ect)? Or do I need to get it appraised somewhere that will do megascope, sarin, brilliant scope, etc? Those places are rather pricy.

Also, once I have the appraisal can anyone reccommend an insurance company that will insure my ring even if I don''t already have renters or homeowners policy with them.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/appriasa.htm

The appraisal will make sure the stone is graded accurately. Additionally, it will or can give you other information such as brilliant scope results or a sarin. The appraiser should also be able to tell you if you're getting a good value for the price and any other concerns he may have about your stone.

You might want to check out Chubb to get your ring insured. I've heard their name mentioned several times on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results