shape
carat
color
clarity

What setting for a Lucida?

jgny

Shiny_Rock
I am considering getting a Tiffany Lucida. It would be over 3.5 ct, but likely in a lower color (H or I). I'm considering 3 of the settings it comes in.

Tiffany%20Lucida%20Comparisons.jpg

I'm leaning towards the halo, but DH really likes the original setting. When I tried it on in the stores, it seemed very "thick" to me. I like the halo since you have greater emphasis on the cut corners. The third setting (on the right) is one they used to make but I don't think they make it anymore, except perhaps for a special order. I've always liked baguette side stones. I saw the split shank and trillion side stone settings but did not like either of them.

So - thoughts on which one would be a good choice? I'm a bit concerned the halo may be too much for this size stone. But I love how it looks. The original setting is unmistakably Tiffany, so that's a pro. I haven't seen the baguette one in person, but I do like the style.

Also - which setting would minimize the tint? I can see it slightly from the side, but the face-up is pretty white.

TIA

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would try all of the settings on and see what you like on your hand the best. I also like the split shank Lucida

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I love the original :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mjertl|1319258400|3045281 said:
I love the original :love:

Me too! but I understand it can look a bit wider and bulky with a larger stone. I did try one on at a local Tiff and it was quite hefty a setting. But I still love it and think it's very edgy.

My second fave is the halo. It looks very dainty and classy. And you may know I'm a size wh***, so no I don't think the halo would make the whole thing "too much"! :wink2:

I also think that the halo would obscure some of the sideview, a plus if you're concerned about the tint (seen mainly from the sides). The orginal setting sits the stone quite high and would show off the sides more, from what I can remember.

Congrats if you do get the Lucida. It's actually my FIRST LOVE!! :love: :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved the middle one!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the tapered baguette one, followed by the original. I don't particularly like halos, so that would be my least favorite.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baguettes, Original, Halo. In that order.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I love the third one which accentuate the center stone.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
For that size, baguette is my favorite, for a smaller stone I love the original!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
for 3.5 carats- I am not a big fan of the halo. I think it will look MASSIVE on you and I think the halo will take away from the stuning stone. I like the original (can they do a slimmer version??) and the one on the right.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the original. For a stone that size I would wear it without the matching band though. I think it would make a terrific stand alone wedding/engagement ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto :saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results