Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What setting for a Lucida?

jgny

Shiny_Rock
I am considering getting a Tiffany Lucida. It would be over 3.5 ct, but likely in a lower color (H or I). I'm considering 3 of the settings it comes in.

Tiffany%20Lucida%20Comparisons.jpg

I'm leaning towards the halo, but DH really likes the original setting. When I tried it on in the stores, it seemed very "thick" to me. I like the halo since you have greater emphasis on the cut corners. The third setting (on the right) is one they used to make but I don't think they make it anymore, except perhaps for a special order. I've always liked baguette side stones. I saw the split shank and trillion side stone settings but did not like either of them.

So - thoughts on which one would be a good choice? I'm a bit concerned the halo may be too much for this size stone. But I love how it looks. The original setting is unmistakably Tiffany, so that's a pro. I haven't seen the baguette one in person, but I do like the style.

Also - which setting would minimize the tint? I can see it slightly from the side, but the face-up is pretty white.

TIA

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would try all of the settings on and see what you like on your hand the best. I also like the split shank Lucida

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mjertl|1319258400|3045281 said:
I love the original :love:
Me too! but I understand it can look a bit wider and bulky with a larger stone. I did try one on at a local Tiff and it was quite hefty a setting. But I still love it and think it's very edgy.

My second fave is the halo. It looks very dainty and classy. And you may know I'm a size wh***, so no I don't think the halo would make the whole thing "too much"! :wink2:

I also think that the halo would obscure some of the sideview, a plus if you're concerned about the tint (seen mainly from the sides). The orginal setting sits the stone quite high and would show off the sides more, from what I can remember.

Congrats if you do get the Lucida. It's actually my FIRST LOVE!! :love: :love: :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the tapered baguette one, followed by the original. I don't particularly like halos, so that would be my least favorite.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baguettes, Original, Halo. In that order.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
For that size, baguette is my favorite, for a smaller stone I love the original!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
for 3.5 carats- I am not a big fan of the halo. I think it will look MASSIVE on you and I think the halo will take away from the stuning stone. I like the original (can they do a slimmer version??) and the one on the right.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the original. For a stone that size I would wear it without the matching band though. I think it would make a terrific stand alone wedding/engagement ring.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.