shape
carat
color
clarity

What series of books do you love?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:56:11 PM
Author: packrat
Oh, I like the Little House on the Prairie books, and I''m rereading 2 of Jeanette Oke''s series.

I had forgotten all about Jeanette Oke! I read a lot of her books in middle school and really like them. I might re-read the Little House on the Prairie books sometime soon because I loved them so much as a kid.

I also really enjoyed the Wizard of Oz books... there are quite a few which most people don''t even know exist!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:27:43 AM
Author: Tuckins1
Date: 4/15/2009 10:29:39 PM

Author: packrat

Date: 4/15/2009 10:10:01 PM

Author: Tuckins1

OMG- So many! Off the top of my head...

1. Harry Potter

2. Dragon Lance (I''m SUCH a nerd!!)

3. Lord of the Rings

4. The Belgariad (David Eddings)

5. Clan of the Cave Bear and the subsequent sequels...

Tuckins, you can''t be a nerd b/c then I''M a nerd too!!! My husband teased me for years that I wanted to marry Tanis and live in a giant mushroom. Some friends of my cousin named their son Raistlin.

I''ve read most of The Belgariad too, tho it''s been a few years and I should start from the beginning and actually finish them this time!

Wow... Naming your kid Raistlin... Asking for trouble?
11.gif

That kid has a lot to live up to...

BTW- I love Tanis too...

ETA- Love your tat!

Hahaha, they named their daughter the girl''s name from The Ring..starts w/an S and I can''t think of it..double trouble I''d say. Raistlin is one of my favorites. Hey, did you see the Dragonlance movie they made? I was SO excited for it, and SOOOO disappointed in it!

Thanks about my froggie!
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:20:44 PM
Author: TBjumper
Date: 4/16/2009 2:32:53 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 4/16/2009 2:10:17 PM

Author: TBjumper

Hey Hudson Hawk:

I am a HUGE fan of James Rollins and Clive Clusser, if you like these guys you should read some of Mathew Riley''s books. Ice Station, The Seven Deadly Wonders, Six Sacred Stones (these last to are the start of a Trilogy) just to name a few.

Hey TB,

I''ve read a good number of Matthew Riley''s books as well. His can get a little too heavy into fighting and gunfire for my taste, but I''ve loved the story lines behind SDW and SSS.

I hear ya, I am just a sucker for the ''wow that could really, kinda, maybe, not really” happen theme behind all of his books, fun to think of the possibilities behind unexplained history. But I do agree his books do get a little extreme in the fighting department.

Have you read Rollins’ new one? “Blasphemy” same principle as his other books, just not as predictable...

2.gif

Lincoln Child/Douglas Preston (not sure which one is the author of the pair) has 2 out called The Relic and Reliquary. The book is the one they made the movie out of a long time ago and the second one is a pretty good continuation of the first one.

I haven''t read Blasphemy. The story didn''t sound all that interesting to me (particle accelerators vs. lost treasure? I don''t think so...). I''ll give it a shot though.

LC/DP both write together and separately. The Relic/Reliquery books are the beginning to a series with a character called Agent Pendergast. There are maybe 5-7 books in the series. Cemetery Dance is the latest one.

James Rollins, David Gibbons, Greg Loomis, Matthew Reilly, Raymond Khoury and Clive Cussler all have new books coming out this summer. My Amazon wishlist is like a mile long right now. It''s going to be a great summer for reading!!

If there''s one quality I can impart in my children, it''s that of a love for books.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results