shape
carat
color
clarity

what sacrofise is worth making for more affordable eternity?

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
my impression with bgd, wf and erd is that their melee is f/g color and vs clarity, and ideal or hearts and arrow cut. is it worth asking for quotes on different color grades or Si clarity? if so, which is less risky, and how much lower is a change likely to reduce the price?

in an eternity ring of size 7 or 8 at 10 pointer range, for example, is a change in clarity likely to reduce the price over $1000? or is it just a question of a few hundred dollars?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: what sacrofise is worth making for more affordable etern

Gosh, I wish I could remember exact numbers, but I got a 7 stone Memoire ring one time and upgraded the standard SI1 stones to VS and it was a couple hundred dollars at least and those were a little over 10 point stones. I usually recommend going for the best quality, but if it isn't feasible, then go to somewhere like ID Jewelry. They make nice quality jewelry with SI clarity stones. Just be sure to tell them you are from PS and want excellent cut stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: what sacrofise is worth making for more affordable etern

I'd go for IDJ, make sure to specify "PS quality cut stones and perfectly eyeclean". I'd be perfectly fine with a step down from F/G in color. And SI1 clarity.

I bought earrings for my MIL and that's what I specified. The stones competed with my BGD melee. Seriously.

You can also contact Wink.

I'm planning (one fine day) for a 7 stone band of 25 pointers. And I plan to use Wink to source my stones. He can get me UNCERTED H/I melee and he'll even give me a sarin and an idealscope on each stone. Personally, that clicks all my boxes and saves me a ton.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results