shape
carat
color
clarity

What Qualifies an 8 Star??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I have heard about them - but what makes one actually called that? I know the "star" is from the part of the arrows isn''t it? Maybe I am wrong - but pics I have seen look like that. Reason I am asking is.. just started learning to take pics of MINE and wondering why it is I can see the STAR and not the heads of the arrows? Maybe you can help me. To see other pics of my diamond - look at my post for the HELP for New Digital Camera. :)~

~Dancin Girl

My Diamond 6.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
An Eightstar is actually a brand name, so normally you wouldn't refer to any other H&A (and Eightstar supposedly doesn't like calling themselves H&As) as an eightstar. You *could* say you have an eight-starred image, I suppose...

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Ooohhh - I didn't realize it was a "brand name" - I thought it was merely a term used... everyone says "Hearts and Arrows" like it is nothing... and I know they sell that has a brand name, too.

So even if you have STARS or ARROWS - without the brand name it's really nothing huh? But how would anyone know an H&A unless it was inscribed? Does 8 Star inscribe as well? Can't anyone inscribe anything they want on a diamond? So confusing.. oh well!
14.gif

~Dancin Girl

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Ok here is another pic because I CAN and I love new camera now!

~Dancin Girl

My Diamond 8.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hearts & Arrows, as you know, is not a brand name. It is a description of a certain level of cut. It means that the diamond is cut to a certain level of internal symmetry that results in the appearance of what looks like hearts through the pavilion side and perfect arrow through the table side.

So having H&A, even if not branded, is not nothing. It shows that your stone was cut to a certain standard. You may have the most blinding diamond in the world, but odds are you have quite a great performer.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
You need a hearts and arrows viewer to see the hearts and arrows efficiently. Atlas may sell them for a pretty good price.

Spyder

Rough_Rock
There is a brand called "Hearts on Fire." Perhaps that's what you were thinking of.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey there,

Yes, I do have an Ideal Scope to view those things, but that doesn't work with a camera. I do see arrows with that - but not in the actual pics I have taken - just the star.

~ Dancin Girl
12.gif

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
Wow
love.gif
you have got quite a sparkly there.
10.gif
I love looking at the stones and rings posted here on this site
appl.gif

When I get mine I will post also...
tongue.gif

What kind of camera did you use...btw, good job
appl.gif

Danalynne
wavey.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I used an Olympus Camedia C-4000 Digital Camera!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results