shape
carat
color
clarity

What qualifies a jewelry store to carry name brands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
are there certain standards and guidelines a jewelry store/vendor must meet in order to carry or become a distributor of name brand jewelry (i.e. HoF, simon g, scott kay, ritani, etc.)? those brands don't just let any ol' jewelry store carry their merchandise, right? i assume there's some sort of qualification process?

i'm just curious because a jewelry store opened up near by and they carry lots of different brands. i hadn't heard of the store before but can it be assumed that they're pretty reputable or legit since they carry designer brands?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:15:36 PM
Author:sugar
i''m just curious because a jewelry store opened up near by and they carry lots of different brands. i hadn''t heard of the store before but can it be assumed that they''re pretty reputable or legit since they carry designer brands?

I personally wouldn''t make that assumption...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stores carry major brands when they have sufficient credit to purchase the minimum required by the particular brand to keep in stock. They carry major brands because they want to appeal to brand conscious shoppers. They want you to think their store is somehow important due to the level of the brands they are able to carry. Essentially, the brand feeds off the store and its clientele and the store feeds off the added value the brand supposedly gives to the store. Some brands are of no value, but sound super. Some super brands are nothing more than fabulous names. Some marketing works and similar marketing fails. Who knows what it all means?

If a store carries an overpriced brand, does it imply that everything they sell is overpriced? That's not a good side effect. If they sell a sexy brand, does it mean the store owners have low general morality and are appealing to the baser instincts? A brand helps to position a store to a particular demographic sometimes. It is easy enough to qualify if the store can pay for what it wants to carry and there are few competing stores in the nearby region carrying the same brand. Brands like to give territories to those who carry their brand. Once they commit to a particular store another store nearby which is highly qualified may find it impossible to also carry the same brand even if they could do better with it.

All of this is fun to watch at a safe distance. Close up, there are many brands stores battle over with only a few winners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results