shape
carat
color
clarity

What product do you buy over and over again?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What product or products have you found so useful that you buy over and over again?

For me:

—Longchamp Le Pliage totes. I’m not a fancy bag kind of person, and I have to have my emotional support water bottle and reading material with me everywhere. So that means a large bag. I cannot even remember when I stumbled across Longchamp Le Pliage tote bags, but I’m obsessed. I have primarily the large shoulder bag size, though a couple of smaller ones as well. They are lightweight, enormous, can fold flat so you can put an extra in your luggage, fit under a plane seat as a personal item, and come in every color under the sun, though I keep buying them in black. My only complaint is that after a year or two of daily use I wear holes in the corners. I figure that’s ok given cost per wear. Oh also, they have a dark interior and one compartment only, so I do add a brightly colored bag organizer.

—Water bottles. As mentioned above I must have my emotional support water bottle at all times. I tried every bottle under the sun looking for leakproof. The best, in my opinion, are good old fashioned Nalgene. I really like both the wide mouth and the narrow mouth, and the smaller sizes are nice for smaller bags. They are virtually indestructible, and when something fails it’s usually the lid, which you can replace.

—Supergoop mineral sheerscreen facial sunscreen. I have super sensitive rosacea skin and this is the only sunscreen it likes.

I’m sure others will come to mind but wanted to see what y’all have.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burt's Bees honey lip balm
Cerave cream
VaniCream Free & Clear shampoo & conditioner
Strathmore 5x7" watercolor paper
Keen Howser II slip-on shoe
See's Chocolates Nuts & Chews
LL Bean flannel sheets

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Burt's Bees honey lip balm
Cerave cream
VaniCream Free & Clear shampoo & conditioner
Strathmore 5x7" watercolor paper
Keen Howser II slip-on shoe
See's Chocolates Nuts & Chews
LL Bean flannel sheets

Oh, I am with you on the Cerave cream! My favorite is the PM facial moisturizing lotion. Love, love, love.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What product or products have you found so useful that you buy over and over again?

Electricity. Oh, and water! Love, love, love!

Actually, the things I love keep changing (except maybe my soap and deodorant). I used to love Uniqlo jeans, for example, but they changed the fit post-pandemic and made them high-waisted. So many things have fallen off my favorites list. I know I must sound like I had the Sears & Roebuck catalog in the outhouse but I am not that old.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emergency foods, by rank:

1. Filter cartridges for Reverse Osmosis water filter.
2. Coffee
3. Half and Half

Everything else, which I'll post later after my coffee, is gravy.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Electricity. Oh, and water! Love, love, love!

Actually, the things I love keep changing (except maybe my soap and deodorant). I used to love Uniqlo jeans, for example, but they changed the fit post-pandemic and made them high-waisted. So many things have fallen off my favorites list. I know I must sound like I had the Sears & Roebuck catalog in the outhouse but I am not that old.

I, too am struggling with jeans right now. Used to be a huge Madewell fan, but it seems recently that they are moving in a 100% cotton (or at least far less stretchy) direction. NOPE. In my mind, once you introduce stretch to denim you simply cannot go back.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Emergency foods, by rank:

1. Filter cartridges for Reverse Osmosis water filter.
2. Coffee
3. Half and Half

Everything else, which I'll post later after my coffee, is gravy.

Start drinking your coffee black and you can cut one whole emergency food!!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m honestly surprised!

Ok, maybe I should try this. My hands are chronically and horrifically dry.

Yes, all winter my hands get really bad, because it is so dry where I live.
After drying your hands, just a pea sized amount massaged into your hands is sufficient. The trick is, your skin must be freshly dried and still dewy from the water.
I was buying Aquaphor hand cream, 'till I realized that it was really just overpriced petroleum jelly in a tube.

You can also use some baby oil on your skin right after drying off from a shower to get relief. This is great for dry legs after shaving.

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I do mean this. Doris Day actress/singer from my time used to vasoline her hands at night and then put on white gloves to go to sleep.
I wanted to be a bit funny as I am not so high brow and Alex always makes me smile with his wit. I have other people who try to give me lotions and I turn them down.
The generic name is just petroleum jelly. Really cheap at Walmart.

Annette

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun topic, Tonks!

+1 on the CeraVe cream
Lubriderm hand lotion
Dove bar soap
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo
Asics gel sneakers
Rockport loafers for my husband
Aldi honey roasted peanuts
Trader Joe's the Dark Chocolate Lover's Bar (though I recently read the article about the lead content in these)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I do mean this. Doris Day actress/singer from my time used to vasoline her hands at night and then put on white gloves to go to sleep.
I wanted to be a bit funny as I am not so high brow and Alex always makes me smile with his wit. I have other people who try to give me lotions and I turn them down.
The generic name is just petroleum jelly. Really cheap at Walmart.

Annette

I also read years ago that Doris Day used to rake her fingernails across a bar of soap before a bath to clean underneath them after gardening.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun topic, Tonks!

+1 on the CeraVe cream
Lubriderm hand lotion
Dove bar soap
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo
Asics gel sneakers
Rockport loafers for my husband
Aldi honey roasted peanuts
Trader Joe's the Dark Chocolate Lover's Bar (though I recently read the article about the lead content in these)

Oh, Dove bar soap for me, too! The sensitive skin variety. That stuff is just wonderful and my skin is so ridiculous that everything else is problematic.

I used to do Herbal Essences. For some reason I can’t remember I switched to giant vats of Suave Almond & Shea Butter shampoo & conditioner. Every few years I’ll try expensive shampoo and conditioner, not really get what the fuss is about, and go back. Now, I don’t highlight my hair anymore. When I did, I was picky about shampoo b/c I wanted to preserve color. Now I just want it clean and a smell I like.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
BLACK coffee? :knockout:
But But But ... Then, I'd die.

You know, I used to think so too. But. I switched to black, and I swear, you can actually TASTE the coffee so much better! Also, it’s so easy. Pour, drink.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Another rosacea person.
Vaseline with cocoa butter (skin, lips), Banana Boat sensitive skin mineral sunscreen (no cast, no sting), Not Your Mother's shampoo/conditioner, Cetaphil cleanser.

COFFEE - yes, I yelled that in caps.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of my regulars:

COTZ sensitive sunscreen for the face non tinted
Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 2.12.55 PM.png

Unpetroleum Alba- IMO better and more effective than vaseline (for me)...no harmful ingredients
Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 2.12.01 PM.png

Soolantra (prescription topical for rosacea...keeps my face calm and quiet and really works well for me)

Dr Bronner's hypoallergenic liquid baby soap and the bar soap

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 2.13.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 2.14.10 PM.png

Trader Joe's organic coffee

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 2.15.58 PM.png

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, one I forgot—Spindrift seltzer. This helped me kick my Diet Coke habit years ago. It is sooooo yummy. I love the lemon flavor, also the raspberry lime. It’s flavored with actual fruit juice instead of artificial stuff.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Another rosacea person.
Vaseline with cocoa butter (skin, lips), Banana Boat sensitive skin mineral sunscreen (no cast, no sting), Not Your Mother's shampoo/conditioner, Cetaphil cleanser.

COFFEE - yes, I yelled that in caps.

Kinda funny how rosacea makes you into a ride or die product loyalist. And a mineral sunscreen enthusiast. Find something your skin doesn’t hate and BUY THE HECK out of it.

I don’t wear makeup much anymore, but when I do it’s the same mineral powder foundation.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Kinda funny how rosacea makes you into a ride or die product loyalist. And a mineral sunscreen enthusiast. Find something your skin doesn’t hate and BUY THE HECK out of it.

I don’t wear makeup much anymore, but when I do it’s the same mineral powder foundation.

Yes!
I also sing the praises of Vaseline with cocoa butter and smells so good too. My lips look younger now that I use it religiously. I'm a very "dry" skinned person. I do okay in bare mineral products and physicians formula. I grieve over all the great expensive make up that does not make me look beautiful with red eyes and a runny nose (not a good look).

I have trouble with reactions to make-up too. I have a rosin allergy. I think that is related to a pine tar allergy. It is used in many shampoos and hair colors and make-up to help the product "stick". Ouch.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Yes!
I also sing the praises of Vaseline with cocoa butter and smells so good too. My lips look younger now that I use it religiously. I'm a very "dry" skinned person. I do okay in bare mineral products and physicians formula. I grieve over all the great expensive make up that does not make me look beautiful with red eyes and a runny nose (not a good look).

I have trouble with reactions to make-up too. I have a rosin allergy. I think that is related to a pine tar allergy. It is used in many shampoos and hair colors and make-up to help the product "stick". Ouch.

They put rosin in cosmetics? I had no idea, and that allergy sounds awful.

The cosmetics to which I’m pretty loyal are few, but I’m loyal. Anastasia brow gel in clear. It’s like clear mascara that sets your brows. I’m gifted in the brow department and never tweezed them to thin ribbons in the 90s despite peer pressure, so without some grooming they look a bit like the dad from Schitt’s Creek. Ok, perhaps not that bad. But they need to all go the same direction anyway.

Concealer—It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. It’s great. I have always had dark circles b/c of sinus issues, and it works, and doesn’t crease. I kid you not I tried everything.

For makeup, Glo Skin Beauty’s powder foundation. They used to be called Glo Minerals. It’s similar to Bare Minerals. I’ve experimented with some liquid foundations but sheesh. Have yet to find one my skin will allow more than one day in a row. And honestly, I wear makeup something like maaaaaybe 10 days a year.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Vasoline-the most soothing compound. My body likes it!:)

Annette

the CeraVe baby healing ointment is also great--mostly petrolatum but a few other healthy bits.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great. I use different make up but, my favorite is anything Tarte! I also love Herbal Essence Shampoo. Love the mid Summer's night Hand & Body cream from Trader Joes and their Honey and Almond soap. For Hand cream... Aquaphor. Hairspray.... Kenra #25. A Good decaf coffee. I have yet to find one that I really love! I have tried many. I try not to buy these often but they are good to grab a few when you have a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate almond M&M's.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'll drop this here about rosin allergy, actually quite common. Band-Aid allergy comes to mind. Actually, Band-Aids don't break me out - they are rosin free, but some adhesives are nasty. I can use surgical paper tape, but the usual surgical tape will blister skin.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

J Crew "perfect fit" long sleeved tees. The Gap cords.
L'Occcitane 25% shea butter for my face. I LOVE thick face creams!
La Roche-Posey (anthelios xl) or Vichy sunscreen. Nothing else works on me.
Vaseline or the CeraVe baby healing ungt.
Starbuck K cups. I particularly love their Christmas blend.
Mizuno runners.

cheers--Sharon

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thought of several others:

—P448 sneakers. I am embarrassingly obsessed. My favorite style is the John, but I also have a pair of high tops and love them.

—Hobo wallets and clutches. The Lauren wallet is awesome b/c it can be a wallet or a clutch. Sometimes they have a style called Leigh Anne that I actually prefer that is a wee bit bigger than the Lauren and has a strap so you can wear it cross-body.

—Lululemon back in action tees. Love these to bits. They are long enough to cover your butt and look great with leggings or jeans. My favorite are the Nulu fabric. They come in short sleeve and long sleeve.

—Warby Parker glasses. This one is going to sound weird but hear me out. I have worn glasses since I was a very small child. Until discovering WP, glasses were an insanely expensive thing and I could get one pair every five or more years. Enter WP and the $100 pair of glasses. ***the angels sing**** I now have several pairs of glasses I really like to wear and they all seem to be of this century.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Same, but Zenni- tons of fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results