shape
carat
color
clarity

what price range should I expect for a 2-2.25 carat round?

mrsp

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new here, but this place is amazing! The resources here are so incredibly helpful. Anyway, I'm wondering what I should expect to pay for a round brilliant, 2-2.25 carats, D color, excellent cut, VVS1-VVS2, certified. Any guidance would be very helpful! Thank you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: what price range should I expect for a 2-2.25 carat roun

Off hand with those specs I would think in the $50k+ range.... but there is a search tool above, can you see it? Enter your specs and selece "in house" and you can get a sense. Is there a reason you want D VVS? It commands a very high premium.

ETA: Clearly I know too much about diamonds because I did a search and Blue Nile has four comps, $50 to $70k for GIA Ex cut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

And if you go to a G color, I easily found several excellent cuts for $34k-$36k.

I know that I'm still new to this forum... but from everything I've read, and all the videos I've watched... I don't understand why someone would want to pay top dollar for a "rating" that you can't see with the naked eye?? (Unless finances were of no concern, of course.)
If I wanted a really white diamond, I would choose an excellent cut G/H, and an eye-clean SI1 and get the most bang for my buck. But that's just me.

No matter what you want, the "experts" here on PS will help you find it!!
Good luck!

mrsp

Rough_Rock

thank you everyone for the great feedback - I will circle back with whatever we decide to do! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dougsgirl|1342144012|3233081 said:
And if you go to a G color, I easily found several excellent cuts for $34k-$36k.

I know that I'm still new to this forum... but from everything I've read, and all the videos I've watched... I don't understand why someone would want to pay top dollar for a "rating" that you can't see with the naked eye?? (Unless finances were of no concern, of course.)
If I wanted a really white diamond, I would choose an excellent cut G/H, and an eye-clean SI1 and get the most bang for my buck. But that's just me.

No matter what you want, the "experts" here on PS will help you find it!!
Good luck!

Often there are cultural determinants of this wish. Some cultures value purity in diamonds, as a sign of perfection and quality, much more than they value carat weight or even cut quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results