shape
carat
color
clarity

What pieces are you tired of?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
All my sterling silver. I love gold. Whit yellow rose it don''t matter. There''s a few pieces I''d keep out of sentamental value but the rest I''d ove to get rid of. Also a couple of coloured gemstone rings and necklaces that just don''t "do it" for me any more.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I used to have a few nice pieces of jewellery, until my house was burgled a few years ago. Now I stick to the bare minimum, but make sure quality makes up for the lack of variety.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2005 5
6.gif
3:33 AM
Author: MiniMouse
I used to have a few nice pieces of jewellery, until my house was burgled a few years ago. Now I stick to the bare minimum, but make sure quality makes up for the lack of variety.
OMG! That''s aweful! I just watched a piece on TV the other day called "To Catch A Thief" and they said to get a bolt down safe to keep valuables in. I''ll never buy a jewelry box because of that. It''s like a neon sign. I''m going out today to look at some.
40.gif

Sorry to hear that they were stolen.
15.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
It was upsetting to get burgled but the greatest loss were the sentimental pieces, rather than the most expensive. It''s amazing just how hard it hits when jewelery given to you by family disappears. I''d strongly advise a safe well and truly cemented to the floor on ground level! I say ground level because I remember an aunt having a floor safe in an upstairs bedroom, but the thief was so intent on taking the whole thing, he sawed through the floor boards to release the safe from the floor. Can you believe that?

I currently live and work in Saudi Arabia where the gold is incredible value (we probably buy 18ct gold for the same price that you buy 9ct gold), but I don''t want too many pieces, for fear of keeping it safe in future (burglary is more of a problem in the western world than the Middle East). Just a few pretty pieces will do me fine. I''ve told my boyfriend to save his dollars for my engagement ring... hopefully a Solasfera from GOG when they find one with the right specs and within budget. They''ve got one I want right now, but we have a budget for the entire ring and this stone alone would take us $1200 over budget without a setting.
8.gif
Mmmm, I feel glum. If only it was a bit cheaper then my persuasive powers might work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results