shape
carat
color
clarity

What pieces are you tired of?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I was just sitting here looking at a few of my rings and looking at some of the ones that I used to wear ALL the time and then just stopped wearing them because they just didn''t ''do'' it for me anymore...if that makes sense. Now they just sit in my jewelry box and I take them out once in a while to clean them and then put them back.

So, I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has things that they used to love, be it rings, bracelets, earrings, etc., and then they just kind of fell out of favor with you.

I guess I just don''t want to be the only one to say that I just don''t like that diamond and sapphire ring anymore, lol.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
my sapphire ring fell out of favor with me as well. I''m just not a colored-stone-as-center-stone kinda person anymore. It just doesn''t sparkle as much as i''d like. They used to be my favorite too! Now, if someone were to give me a blue diamond ring, that''s another story!
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what!!? are you smoking crack? all sparklies are beautiful....always!!
just kidding diamonds....i think we all go through different stages with our jewelry. i have waaaay too many pieces that i don't wear anymore. some of them i still like, others i look at and say "what were you thinking!!" some pieces are just purely sentimental and i will probably never wear them again. i'd like to think that for the most part, they'll all get their time to shine again.... eventually
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 3:56:51 PM
Author: belle
what!!? are you smoking crack? all sparklies are beautiful....always!!
just kidding diamonds....i think we all go through different stages with our jewellery. i have waaaay too many pieces that i don''t wear anymore. some of them i still like, others i look at and say ''what were you thinking!!'' some pieces are just purely sentimental and i will probably never wear them again. i''d like to think that for the most part, they''ll all get their time to shine again.... eventually
2.gif
Crack?! Where?!
6.gif

J/K! I know what you mean. These are things I could never bring myself to part with because as soon as their gone I''d miss them terribly. They''re still all so beautiful..I guess it''s just a phase or something. Maybe not wearing them for a year will make me like them more..see them in a new ''light''.

ForteKitty-I have TWO diamond and sapphire rings that I just don''t wear anymore. Sapphires are my favorite! Then there is this one peridot ring..the setting is just too messed up. I''ll have to take a picture of it to show you. It''s weird as all get out, lol. I had a massive London Blue Topaz that I quit wearing and my mom Ooo''d and Aah''d over it so much that I just gave it to her because I know she''ll wear it all the time until she''s just sick of it..in which case she''s promised to give it back to me to wear until I get sick of it again and then it''ll go back to her...a ring swap!, lol. Thankfully I''ve bought all of these so I don''t have to worry about hurting h2b''s feelings. I''d feel terrible if I did that.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a massive London Blue Topaz that I quit wearing and my mom Ooo'd and Aah'd over it so much that I just gave it to her because I know she'll wear it all the time until she's just sick of it..in which case she's promised to give it back to me to wear until I get sick of it again and then it'll go back to her...a ring swap!, lol.
you're on to something here!!! i think we need to start a jewelry swap!!!
36.gif

edited to add: now who's the one smoking crack!?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 4
6.gif
7:51 PM

I had a massive London Blue Topaz that I quit wearing and my mom Ooo''d and Aah''d over it so much that I just gave it to her because I know she''ll wear it all the time until she''s just sick of it..in which case she''s promised to give it back to me to wear until I get sick of it again and then it''ll go back to her...a ring swap!, lol.
you''re on to something here!!! i think we need to start a jewelry swap!!!
36.gif

edited to add: now who''s the one smoking crack!?
Hey, I''m game!!!
9.gif
I wonder if we can get any vendors to participate
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just took out a BUNCH of my piercings. Im kind of crushed now that I''ve done it but Iwas sick of not being able to change things up or remove things myself. My earrins were a pain in the rear to get in and out without the help of a piercer. So Im going to short steel barbells for a while. And these CZ earrings are holding the hole open while I wait for them. (Next week).

I sold anything I didn''t want.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I only have one unusual piercing but I don't wear a barbell in it anymore. For a several years I wore one in my tongue...(sorry
emembarrassed.gif
) but I haven't worn it in over a year now. I only did it for the shock value of it. No one expected to see someone wearing a business suit and a barbell in their tongue at the same time. But I've come to my senses since then, lol.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DFM,
Didn''t that hurt????

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Anyone out there old enough to remember add-a-bead necklaces? I still have mine. I didn''t get on the bandwagon and get one until they were just about out of style! But maybe they will come back one day.

I also have a gold locket that I rarely wear but I still love and it has sentimental attachment because my hubby insisted I get it and it has pics of my girls in it when they were babies.

I have another yellow gold swirly pendant thing that was my mom''s. Again, there is a lot of sentimental attachment to this item.

I don''t have any rings lying around. As you all know, I''m into recycling.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty,
You still have your add a bead necklace, I had one and have no clue what happened to it. They were fun though!!
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of pieces that belonged to my mom that while growing up I LOVED. Now when I try them on, they look odd on me. I''m not sure I want to recycle all the stones, so I just keep everything in a box. The only stone I have recycled is a small diamond.

My husband also gave me a pear shaped garnet ring when we were young (20 or so) and I wore this for about five years.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I lurk over at BTD.com (Better Than Diamonds). They have a "Buy, Sell, Trade" board and it''s so fun to see all the pretty things that get sold and traded. They often trade or sell the same thing over and over among themselves! Most of the things there are sims but not all are. I''d love to have a For Sale or Trade section here.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 4:23:39 PM
Author: kaleigh
DFM,
Didn''t that hurt????
LOL..................................................yes. Very much so. I don''t advise it!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have lots of gemstone rings that I no longer wear because I got tired of them. They live in my jewelry armoire and get taken out for regular cleaning & inspections. I think about selling them but figure I couldn''t get what they were worth, so I keep them.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 5:43:10 PM
Author: Patty
I lurk over at BTD.com (Better Than Diamonds). They have a ''Buy, Sell, Trade'' board and it''s so fun to see all the pretty things that get sold and traded. They often trade or sell the same thing over and over among themselves! Most of the things there are sims but not all are. I''d love to have a For Sale or Trade section here.
Now that would be awesome!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 5:50:13 PM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 3/2/2005 5:43:10 PM
Author: Patty
I lurk over at BTD.com (Better Than Diamonds). They have a ''Buy, Sell, Trade'' board and it''s so fun to see all the pretty things that get sold and traded. They often trade or sell the same thing over and over among themselves! Most of the things there are sims but not all are. I''d love to have a For Sale or Trade section here.
Now that would be awesome!!!
ditto....count me in!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I have fallen out of love with the majority of my silver & gemstone fun rings that I bought over the years on ebay- I told my bf that when get engaged most are going to be sold at our next yard sale! If I get $20 for the entire lot I''d be suprised!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think most of my add-a-beads look like deflated mini-beach balls. You know they get dented and crushed so badly they''ll never be round again? I also keep a large gold dome ring, a ruby ring that''s too pinky for me, a letter E charm in cursive, a diamond heart shaped pendant but I''m just not romantic or girly enough to wear anything heart shaped. I''ll start the bidding at $40.00 - any takers?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Pretty much ALL of my silver jewelry is just sitting in my jewelry box. I used to wear silver rings a lot. I''ve always had an obsession with rings. Now I wish I never bought them (good thing I didn''t spend much!). Now I''m wearing platinum, gold, and diamonds. And my one and only Tiffany silver necklace. I have 3 holes in each ear too. But lately (since I''ve bought them!) I''ve only been wearing my small diamond stud earrings.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fortekitty~Don''t let me forget to post that picture tomorrow!
25.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 11
6.gif
5:17 PM
Author: Diamonds4Me
Fortekitty~Don''t let me forget to post that picture tomorrow!
25.gif
of the crack or the jewels?
17.gif

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
I have a chunky yg ring that has a pearl as the center gem and diamonds around it that I wore on my index finger. My dad had this ring made for me when I was starting college so I wore this daily. I''m pretty hard on my hands and the way the pearl was mounted, I constantly banged my ring against things so the pearl started to chip and peel.
14.gif
I stopped wearing this ring in my mid twenties and I only take it out of my jewelry box a few times a year. I have stopped wearing my silver jewelry as well. I had a silver toe ring that I wore for years and stopped wearing that a couple of years ago. Dunno why though.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
OK...here's that wierd ring I was talking about earlier. There is so much gold in this thing. I dunno...if rings had emotions I'd say this one looked angry with all it's sharp pointy ridges..

6.gif
4.gif
37.gif

Edit: I'm just not too keen on the color..I'm more of a blue, pink, purple person and this just looks so odd on me. Plus it's been beat up so badly that the stone itself is in pretty bad shape. It's all scuffed up.
14.gif

PeridotCollage.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I had tons of SS rings that I wore to death. I quit wearing them but I love the stones in them. I''m thinking of pulling the stones out and using them for something else. The stones really are pretty nice. I bought most of them from a silver smith in the mountains that was an art major and made lots of cool and unusual pieces of jewelry so it wasn''t cheap stuff. I''m just not a SS chick anymore
25.gif
...much to h2b''s dismay
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just not a SS chick anymore
6.gif
you''ve turned into a platinum snob!!

(a crack smokin platinum snob no less)
9.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 11:51:45 AM

I''m just not a SS chick anymore
6.gif
you''ve turned into a platinum snob!!

(a crack smokin platinum snob no less)
9.gif
LMAO!!!!!!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have several gold chains from the late 80s early 90s. All different lengths and textures. I pretty much wear all white metals now so they haven''t been worn in awhile. But I''ve seen that YG is making a come back so they''ll probably be in as soon as I get my platinum e-ring....

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Yellow gold name ring...and name chain... , lots of big door knocker earings and a white gold pink sapphire mq ring w/ my name also engraved on the top. I don''t know if people still wear them now...but it was really popular when I was growing up. Can''t sell it either because I had to be the ulitmate ghetto superstar growing up and engrave my nickname on them no less..
my how times have changed.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
You guys don''t make me feel bad at all...

I keep on telling myself I am going to put this stuff on ebay.
I have a star ruby and diamond ring that I got at Saks. It''s nice, but my tastes have evolved.
I have an emerald ring that I got on ebay, too small.

I have become a platinum snob, too. I just picked up the most gorgeous Paul Morelli pave openwork diamond and platinum bracelet today.
30.gif
30.gif
I love his work! Neiman Marcus is closing their relationship with the designer, so all of his pieces are on clearance (50% off). I know their original prices are outrageous. Half price makes it tolerable. I''ll post pics when I have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results