shape
carat
color
clarity

What piece(s) are you never selling?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This popped into my head since I had something for sale and changed my mind about selling it! In this case I might consider selling it in the future but there are a select few pieces that I will never sell, like unless penniless lol!

So I'm interested in what pieces you have that you are never parting with?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have a gold bangle and a pair of pearl drop earrings I’ll never part with. Both gifts from my parents. I might give the earrings to my sister if she ever gets her ears pierced since I don’t actually wear them.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have sold items perviously never thought I would.
Unfortunately I have no opportunity for any jewelry from my parents/grandparents, or in laws that comes with sentimental value.
I’m sure that would drastically change my thoughts, if I had that.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never say never? I would sell things if I had to, of course. My favourite piece is my 3 stone oec ring. The stones are .20, .35 and .40, but it's so ridiculously blingy.

I buy to keep, so unless there was some real need, I wouldn’t sell. If it was a question of survival, I would sell mostly everything but my studs and RHR (grandmom’s old ring) (and ering/wedding band once I have those). I mean, I’d sell those too if I had to, but only if I was really in dire straits.

Actually if it came down to it, I’d sacrifice my studs as well, but I wouldn’t let go of any heirlooms unless it was either that or not eat.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Most of my major jewelry is sentimental or meaningful in some way. Like @AllAboardTheBlingTrain I buy for keeps.
Not for sale (except under most dire circumstances)...my ER pendant, my MIL's diamond ring remake .
Next grouping would be a tiny bit easier to let go but I have no plans to ever part with them..my EC wedding ring, inside out hoop earrings DH had made for me, sliding diamond bangle, cushion dangle earrings, spinning sphere ring.
I don't have any particular attachment to diamond tennis bracelet, various studs, travel ring currently holding a moissanite center so those would be easy if I had to sell something.

At some point I may play around with some buy/sell pieces for fun but right now I feel like I am still building a meaningful to me collection. I have a birthday bracelet in the works...after that I don't have anything on the horizon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've really enjoyed reading all these responses, it's also great to see pictures of these cherished pieces.

Here are mine, in addition my newest heart ring (which I'm not sharing here because I feel like I'm spamming PS with pictures of it recently lol!)

The Fiona pendant and chain are the only real sentimental pieces here, the others were pre-loved but I would be hard pressed to replace them,

Fiona pendant and paperclip chain
IMG_5085.JPG

A better picture of the pendant
IMG_3066.JPG

Lavender Spinel
IMG_7197.JPG

Old cut diamond band
IMG_8617.jpg

AND my heart ring!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the Fiona necklace will never leave you, but regardless, I call dibs! You know she’d have a good home with me <3

You know that is the sweetest thing, that someone else finds her such a piece of beauty that they would want to own her. I also have to again thank you for parting with that chain because it is the perfect chain for that pendant.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My large EC that I bought for myself for my 40th birthday.
The near 1cttw studs, the bracelet made with carré cut diamonds, the Ruby cab ring, all from my mum.
The heart Ruby diamond halo ring that my late partner paid for.
The Richard Homer Amethyst bombé ring for my 50th, the stone bought with contributions from friends and family.
My white South Sea pearl necklace.
The Ebel Beluga watch with MOP dial and diamond markers.
The diamond charm bracelet I made myself.
The small diamond huggies with the paved diamond drops.

Unset CSs not included on the list.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
012DC7F5-BABF-4F3E-B6CD-A962CA6D8FBA.jpeg
3953252A-6CE3-40B2-BCD6-D88F3B1FFE47.jpeg

I am never selling my Cartier Opal. A gift from my parents. Representing their true love for 54 plus years and counting. ❤️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am never selling my Cartier Opal. A gift from my parents. Representing their true love for 54 plus years and counting. ❤

Love that opal and setting!

DK :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that opal and setting!

DK :kiss2:

Thank you! And lol it’s almost 57 years and counting. That’s what happens when I post on the bike :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And lol it’s almost 57 years and counting. That’s what happens when I post on the bike :lol:

A nice big jelly opal such as yours is probably not high on my list of bling wishlist, however, seeing yours reminds me I should have one.

DK :lol-2:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
My 0.5 ct engagement/ wedding ring plus the diamond studs my hubby bought me spontaneously on a antique market in London years ago. Also a traditional necklace to go with a traditional dress, passed down from greatgreatgreatgrandma to daughter etc. I’m the last daughter in the line :(.

S

SallyB

I don’t think I would part with my OEC Victorian boat ring that I recently purchased from @PreRaphaelite because I really love it. Or the Single Stone band that I purchased to go with it. They’re my new wedding set :)

Attachments

• 88E548AB-B5DA-4B72-BD74-D22C74084F9C.jpeg
    88E548AB-B5DA-4B72-BD74-D22C74084F9C.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot my mum's 1.9ct+ MRB that is being set in a open bangle, DOH!

In terms of monetary value, that is the highest; in terms of sentimental value, it ranks below my EC and Ruby heart diamond halo rings.

DK :))

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think I would part with my OEC Victorian boat ring that I recently purchased from @PreRaphaelite because I really love it. Or the Single Stone band that I purchased to go with it. They’re my new wedding set :)

We need more pictures pretty please!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@SallyB, we need hand shots! These rings are gorgeous and I need to see them together!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Tacori platinum wedding set. My first meaningful upgrade. The first time I ever owned a nice diamond. I started looking for something new around the time of my 15th anniversary. This wedding set was finally on my hand by the 17th. I don't really have good photos of it, but I call it my "first love."
Tacori HT2352Box.jpg
Tacori HT2352Hand.jpg

And my grandmother's wedding set from 1939.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I keep seeing beautiful opals here and while I'm not a colored stone person usually, I think I might need to have an opal someday. Who had that big one here recently??? I would put that in a nice wide bangle. Hopefully my daughter will appreciate jewelry someday and some of my pieces would be keepers for her.

@YadaYadaYada Oh I love the wide band!! Do you have a hand shot? :kiss2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am never selling my Cartier Opal. A gift from my parents. Representing their true love for 54 plus years and counting. ❤️

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love your ring soooooo much.
Just as well @missy Id be finding myself in jail for assaulting everyone who was ahead of me in the queue and for selling my first and only born to afford her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results