carat
color
clarity

What period does this setting indicate?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3172.jpg

I've looked at a lot of pictures that are similar but not exact, the setting is white gold with OEC diamonds. Any idea on the period? It looks a lot like the tower settings I've seen.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn, are you shopping again.............? ?? :lol::P2
You're gonna need a bigger jewelry box soon!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn, are you shopping again.............? ?? :lol::P2
You're gonna need a bigger jewelry box soon!

LOL! Just like looking....that's what I tell the husband, always just looking ;-)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! Just like looking....that's what I tell the husband, always just looking ;-)
I totally understand.
My DH teases me, because everytime he walks past me and my laptop, I am searching jewelry on Ebay!
I don't know how to stop.................:eek2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally understand.
My DH teases me, because everytime he walks past me and my laptop, I am searching jewelry on Ebay!
I don't know how to stop.................:eek2:
I’m the same! Thankfully husband is also the same with his hobbies so doesn’t tease me too often!
@StephanieLynn every time I’ve seen that sort of quite high tower setting, it’s been described as Victorian. So I don’t know if it would truly be Victorian, but that’s the most common descriptor for it. If it’s white gold tho, I would think it’s not Victorian as I believe WG wasn’t a common alloy until sometime late in the Victorian period.. although it did exist. I’ve seen lots of small rose cuts and OECs mounted like this and they always disappoint me cos I really don’t like them that high-set.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the same! Thankfully husband is also the same with his hobbies so doesn’t tease me too often!
@StephanieLynn every time I’ve seen that sort of quite high tower setting, it’s been described as Victorian. So I don’t know if it would truly be Victorian, but that’s the most common descriptor for it. If it’s white gold tho, I would think it’s not Victorian as I believe WG wasn’t a common alloy until sometime late in the Victorian period.. although it did exist. I’ve seen lots of small rose cuts and OECs mounted like this and they always disappoint me cos I really don’t like them that high-set.

We could have much worse hobbies right ladies? :devil:

I decided to not pursue this ring further because with bed pictures of the diamonds the good folks on PS could clearly see inclusions.

Oh well, back to looking :read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results