shape
carat
color
clarity

What other forums within PS do you visit?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And in what order? What frequency?
1.RT -hourly
2.SMTB -hourly
3. Hangout- Hourly
4.preloved-daily
5. Antique and vintage -weekly
6. Lab grown— just started checking it out—weekly
7. Colored stones only when I need to research
8. Family and home seems fun but has her few new posts So monthly

Last edited:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
1) RT
2) SMTB
3) Antique and Vintage Jewelry
4) Fashion Jewelry
5) Hangout

I will check out CS and Pearls when I feel like it but not regularly. I used to post and visit Ladies in Waiting alot but not since I got married.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always go to "New Posts" first, and read anything that looks interesting no matter which forum it is.
I check 'New Posts' all day long. I have no life outside of jewelry. :lol:

Then I sorta follow this list...

1. Hangout
2. Antique and Vintage
3. Colored stones

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. CS
2. Hangout
3. Pre-loved/Antique Vintage

Been so busy that I’m only on PS during weekends. I love my new job!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Hangout
2. Pre-loved
3. Antique

I check Hangout regularly throughout the day and the others daily sometimes frequently.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hangout
SMTB

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Politics :silenced:
RT
SMTB

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New Topics
Rocky Talk
Hangout
Preloved
In that order usually.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
1. CS whenever I have a chance, PS is always "on" on my computer. I usually go to bed early but sometimes can't sleep well, so am often coming back to check new posts and alerts.
2. Hangout, same frequency.
3. RT only when I see something interesting among new posts.
4. SMTB when see something intriguing on the right side of my screen.
5. MMD since I can't afford a mined one (I need the best!).

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
RT
Hangout
SMTB
usually a few times a day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hangout and then I hit New Posts. I sometimes check out SMTB then Rocky talk but generally New Posts take care of what I haven't seen.
Frequency depends on the day and what we are doing. When I am cycling I check it out during breaks. Or sometimes as we are cycling. The advantage of a tandem. :lol:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SMTB religiously but I stopped commenting years ago. I never see bling like that IRL so I do appreciate all the shares on PS!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
1. CS: Which is IMO the best place to be! You receive really good advice on possible purchases and everything isn't "perfect": color is king! Peoples colored stones have such souls & I love the wonderful gals of the CS forum!!! :cool2: I spend about 70% of my time here and always have!

2. RT/SMTB Forums are equally surfed! Usually to oogle any old cuts! Or magnificent custom pieces that other women have just received and posted! 17% spent, so each forum gets 8.5% of my time.

3. Antique & Vintage: Love love love me some antique pieces! I spend about 5% of my time on PS here!

4. Hangout gets 5% of my time & it's never a forum that I seek out but I usually get pulled into from seeing an interesting title in the recent thread sidebar!

5. Pearls! I love this quiet little forum & I mostly lurk on it and don't post as often anymore, but seeing a well strung necklace of luscious pearls makes me salivate! I'm especially into blue pearls right now! Yum! Pearls get a measly 3% of the pie spent on PS!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hit "New Posts" and go through what looks interesting to me.

Definitely CS and Hang Out.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just press that lightening looking thing on the top bar and i see all the latest
Ill look at most things although not usually about babies or weddings - hope that doesn't make me mean or a killjoy, its just not my thing
although i do enjoy the journey of the ER threads and people getting engaged

I like to save up on certain threads like the stack thread and show me pearls so i can enjoy a couple of pages at once

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. CS: Which is IMO the best place to be! You receive really good advice on possible purchases and everything isn't "perfect": color is king! Peoples colored stones have such souls & I love the wonderful gals of the CS forum!!! :cool2: I spend about 70% of my time here and always have!

2. RT/SMTB Forums are equally surfed! Usually to oogle any old cuts! Or magnificent custom pieces that other women have just received and posted! 17% spent, so each forum gets 8.5% of my time.

3. Antique & Vintage: Love love love me some antique pieces! I spend about 5% of my time on PS here!

4. Hangout gets 5% of my time & it's never a forum that I seek out but I usually get pulled into from seeing an interesting title in the recent thread sidebar!

5. Pearls! I love this quiet little forum & I mostly lurk on it and don't post as often anymore, but seeing a well strung necklace of luscious pearls makes me salivate! I'm especially into blue pearls right now! Yum! Pearls get a measly 3% of the pie spent on PS!

Yes !
Post more pearls !
And garnets and peridot while im asking !

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs
Rocky Talk

friendshp and gawking, but I've sworn off all vendors here.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs
Rocky Talk

friendshp and gawking, but I've sworn off all vendors here.

I’ve always wondered, what does NIRDIs stand for?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes !
Post more pearls !
And garnets and peridot while im asking !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve always wondered, what does NIRDIs stand for?

Now i really did it
But @missy should really shear the origion of that

You said it perfectly. Now I really did it. Because, in a nutshell, I am a Klutz with a capital K. And right after I broke 2 bones in my leg in 2014 due to a cycling accident I didn't know what to do with myself. It had been a long day and I was in severe pain. The ambulance (first time in an ambulance and hopefully the last) rushed me to the hospital and as luck would have it the orthopedic surgeon who specialized in leg trauma was there visiting another one of his surgical patients. But he determined he couldn't yet operate on me due to massive swelling so he sent me home (though he gave me the option of staying at the hospital- no thanks) for 2 weeks for the swelling to go down before he could operate. Which meant 2 weeks of pain with no healing since I was in limbo. It was pretty awful.

That night I just went to PS and started a thread titled: Now I Really Did It. And lo and behold NIRDI was born. @sarahb named us as I was in too much of a pain fog to even realize the clever acronym haha.

From NIRDI I have made lifelong friends so something good did come out of something not so good.
And you lovely ladies know who you are. XOXO.

And because a photo is worth a thousand words.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 5.59.28 AM.png
At HSS.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just press that lightening looking thing on the top bar and i see all the latest

I like to save up on certain threads like the stack thread and show me pearls so i can enjoy a couple of pages at once

I do exactly this too - refresh for new posts and then scroll through to see what piques my interest. Re: the political thread debate, I was wondering whether admin could have two new posts button options - one for only jewellery-related forums and one that generates a list of new threads including hangout etc?

And I also tend to save up the bracelet and ring stacking threads too, Daisys!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
You said it perfectly. Now I really did it. Because, in a nutshell, I am a Klutz with a capital K. And right after I broke 2 bones in my leg in 2014 due to a cycling accident I didn't know what to do with myself. It had been a long day and I was in severe pain. The ambulance (first time in an ambulance and hopefully the last) rushed me to the hospital and as luck would have it the orthopedic surgeon who specialized in leg trauma was there visiting another one of his surgical patients. But he determined he couldn't yet operate on me due to massive swelling so he sent me home (though he gave me the option of staying at the hospital- no thanks) for 2 weeks for the swelling to go down before he could operate. Which meant 2 weeks of pain with no healing since I was in limbo. It was pretty awful.

That night I just went to PS and started a thread titled: Now I Really Did It. And lo and behold NIRDI was born. @sarahb named us as I was in too much of a pain fog to even realize the clever acronym haha.

From NIRDI I have made lifelong friends so something good did come out of something not so good.
And you lovely ladies know who you are. XOXO.

And because a photo is worth a thousand words.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 5.59.28 AM.png
At HSS.

I’ve started reading through that very long thread several times but never quite made it to the end....oh, @missy ! You had such a year! I’m so glad you came through it.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I usually click new posts and just scroll down and find threads that interest me. I think outside of that i like colored stones, lab grown, and fashion jewellery the most. I read from pretty much everywhere though.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo I think most of y'all know considering...lol

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I visit as many places in the forum, as i can.

Im afraid my circadian rhythm is off and ALL over the place, since march, it has worsened. difficult to give you frequency as i don't glance and clocks

I can tell you where i, usually, don't go:

fashion jewelry, ladies in waiting, bride world wide, proposal ideas, jewelry pieces, lab gown diamonds.

I'll have a peek around but don't feel compelled to post

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results