shape
carat
color
clarity

What online sellers would you recommend for buying sight unseen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
My Husband hasn''t gotten me a Christmas present yet, and he mentioned "maybe" jewelery, but we live in TN and the jewlery stores here are a joke, so the only other way to get something at a fair price would be online...

Are there any stores you would trust out there that has pictures of jewery they have "in stock" already made up that you can just click and buy?

I don''t know what I want or how much DH husband wants to spend, but I''m open to all vedors...

Any help here?
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Trishy-

Defnintely Pearlman''s or Whiteflash...those are the first two that come to my mind...I would be completely comfortable buying something from them sight unseen...GORGEOUS STUFF!!!!
2.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Assuming you would be looking at rounds, you can definitely trust Whiteflash and Good Old Gold. They provide a ton of information on their diamonds and you can easily choose a super round diamond through them without seeing it. If you were looking for a fancy cut like a cushion or an emerald cut, I believe there is no substitute for the eyes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d agree with Whiteflash, Goodoldgold and Pearlmans. I actually bought my stone from Pearlmans site unseen with no online images at all. Just his eyes and an AGS report.

p.s. where in TN are you, I''m in TN too..

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I''ll check all the sites you mentioned...

MsSalvo, I''m in Franklin TN where are you? do you get your jewlery around here????

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha trishy, I''m in nashville. You''re right, there just isn''t much around here. I have been in Randy Barkers place and he is very friendly and knowledgable. he''s one of few here that owns and idealscope and his prices are close to online. He''s got a nice selection. I also love to go into Waltons in downtown franklin. that''s where we purchased my original wedding ring. like I said above though I went with Pearlmans b/c of his selection of settings. I was able to visit his store in MI twice and loved working with them.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Wow you''re in Nashville....loving the weather today huh!...(not good for Santa, but hey)...

Now, who is this Randy Barkers person, where is his place? I''d love to buy something in person.... Also, I''ve never been to the place in downtown Franklin either.... I''ll check there also...

Pearlman''s is in Michigan? How funny, that''s where I"m from.... I''ll have to check out where it'' slocated...

Thanks...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, you''ll love Walton''s. Lots of estate pieces and antique replica''s as well. Family owned mom and pop that has been around forever. Randy Barker is Barker Diamond Company. www.barkerdiamond.com. he''s located in hillsboro village on 21st in a building across from harris teater. His store is not very big but he does have some very pretty things. You might also try Village Jewelers on 21st, not too far from Randy''s if you come into town.

re: the weather, I know it''s crazy but my kids love being able to play outside in summer clothes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just thought of one more place you should check out. Genesis Diamond is in Green Hills near the mall. they have a huge store and carry a lot of big name designers and have a large selection too. There pricing is pretty good and they carry GIA and EGL stones. They've always been very friendly when I've gone in there too. And of course there is always Tiffany's
9.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I am all the way across the world in Australia and I would definately recommend GOG and Whiteflash. In particular I bought a loose diamond from GOG. I was obviously very nervous as it was a very expensive purchase but Tim and the other staff at GOG could not have been more helpful and accomadating to my requests for info etc
1.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''ve tried Whiteflash about 10 days ago, it is my first internet purchase.. fabulous. They have all the relevant information to help you get a stone "unseen", but I guess buyes will need to educate yourself with the information on this website first.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
For a click and buy experience, I would recommend blue nile or james allen. Their prices are good and their websites are a pinch to navigate. Just find and buy! I also like the facets collection at signedpieces.com. I think myjewelrysource is another good one.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash... I bought my 2.5K stone from them without seeing it and also sent a pic of the setting I wanted and they delivered exactly what I wanted.
face23.gif
Yes, I would do it again.

Jointlock

Rough_Rock
Definetely Whiteflash. Ask for Celina, she is the best. After much research all the wonderful people on Pricescope sent me their way. I got a 1ct rd, 6pt tiffany set engagement ring (proposal is the 23rd....can''t wait) I got twice the ring I could have ever afforded and when I saw it it was amazing and fantastic. The process is really simple, and I couldn''t be happier. Go to Whiteflash and you won''t be disappointed.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen was really great to work with. He''s a nice guy and so were the other staff members I met. But he only sells diamonds. For something else I''d try Signed P or Pearlman''s or maybe Solomon Brothers. Solomon Brothers has alot of selection but they are more $$$.

What are you looking for? I''m sure many PSer''s would be happy to shop for you and offer options.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results