Premium
Re: What one thing would you like to try that you have not y

Zipline!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="missy|

Dancing Fire, go ahead. We aren't shy here. I am sure most of us are very interested in your answer. 8)

:saint:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Would like to see the Norwegian Fjords.

After surviving my craniotomy to remove a brain tumor, dear hubby suggested that we start living a little.

So, we booked a 18-night cruise in 2017 to visit the ports of Norway, up over the Arctic Circle into Murmansk Russia.
Since we are going at the end of June, it is billed as a cruise with the Midnight Sun. Oh, and we are sailing in an Owners Suite (no more balcony cabins for us) that is costing us more than my 3.01 F-SI1 pear did. Hmmm, cruise or diamond?

Looking forwards to this, especially seeing the Polar bears of Spitsbergen.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1455760119|3992377 said:
:errrr: ..No dirty minds allow to post on this thread... :whistle:

I was thinking, pole dancing. Since I already exercise--I am thinking I can "handle it". Who knows, it might add value to my life! lol

Is this what you had in mind, DF? :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1455842144|3992750 said:

I was thinking, pole dancing. Since I already exercise--I am thinking I can "handle it". Who knows, it might add value to my life! lol

cheers--Sharon
Pics please!... :naughty: :lol:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

Do a thru hike, the Appalachian or superior hiking trail.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock

Dancing Fire|1455842686|3992753 said:

cheers--Sharon

Not sure if you're serious or not, but I pole dance recreationally, and I love it! It's an amazing workout. Seriously - before I started I didn't do any sort of working out at all and had no dance or athletic experience. Now, I am the strongest, most flexible I've ever been and have even participated in a few regional competitions (and won!). I'm obviously biased, but I'm a huge proponent that anyone who's curious should try it. :D

Getting to the topic at hand though, I am another one who would have loved to be an actress. I was a theater minor in college (because my parents refused to allow me to major in it), and I love it, but I never actually pursued it as a profession. I would love to sky dive one day. I want to travel to all sorts of places. I'd love to publish a book or two. And on a slightly more realistic level, I do hope that homeownership and children are in my future someday.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

girlyglam|1455847586|3992771 said:

cheers--Sharon

Not sure if you're serious or not, but I pole dance recreationally, and I love it! It's an amazing workout. Seriously - before I started I didn't do any sort of working out at all and had no dance or athletic experience. Now, I am the strongest, most flexible I've ever been and have even participated in a few regional competitions (and won!). I'm obviously biased, but I'm a huge proponent that anyone who's curious should try it. :D
Pics please!.. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kristie, zip lining is definitely on my to do list too. Looks like a blast and fits my safe category. As long as you make sure the company you are using has a safe and good track record and I know if anyone would make sure of that you would. In fact I will get my recommendations for who to use for ziplining from you. :bigsmile: :appl:

Kenny, that looks like fun. I am too much of a scaredy cat to ever try hang gliding but I would love to hear about anyone's hang gliding adventures because it has always looked like so much fun to me. Though being scared of heights I would probably never try it myself.

Hay Joe, I am going to check out your video, thank you.

Dancing Fire you are a good one to always ask others for details and pics. Your turn to share please. 8) :naughty: :cheeky:

ArtDecoGirl, sounds like a great hike. I would love to do something like that.

Cheryl, what a fantastic trip you have planned. That will truly be a trip of a lifetime! Definitely right up my alley too. My dh has never been on a cruise and one day I would like him to experience a cruise with me just like the one you and your dh are going on in June. Enjoy!

Sharon, I like the way you think. I am not nearly agile or coordinated enough to do that but think you would be! And think of how much your dh would love it too. :appl: Girlyglam, thanks for the additional info. What a great workout.

ame and tyty living in a foreign country and immersing yourself in their culture sounds like a great adventure. I'm with you ams in that I would pick a place with no snow. I've had enough snow for a lifetime. Living in a tiny home I also could never do LOL. I have watched a few of the tiny home house hunter shows and OMG how do these people do it. And have dogs too. Good for them and I admire that they can do it but definitely not for everyone.

CozyStitches that sounds like fun. I have traveled all over when I was younger and it was an adventure and even though now I don't have a burning desire to continue traveling much I definitely get that passion. I hope your dh is on the same page. Oh and if you ever visit NYC please let me know OK? We can have fun!

Cherokee, I second home ownership. There really is a great sense of security in owning your own home (for me at least). I love what we have done to our home (we gut renovated when we first bought it) and it is ours. It was definitely the first thing on my priority list when I finished school and was living on my own as an adult for the first time. And honestly it can be more economical not just in the long run but often in the short term as well if you buy within your means. You might not be paying much more in mortgage and maintenance as you are in rent right now and that equity you are building up cannot be beat. I quadrupled my money 9 years later when I sold my first home but that was not the intent when I bought it. I just wanted a great place to live that was all my own and sure build equity but I had no idea how fast that would grow. I hope you get to experience the joy of home ownership soon.

CJ, glad my question has made us think and started some interesting conversation between us and our dhs too. I cannot believe I didn't have a ready and easy answer. Still don't in fact. Really what I want is not exciting or adventurous at all. I want my dh and I to retire while we are young and healthy enough to enjoy all the things we want to enjoy together (and separately too) and to enjoy many many many decades together where we make our schedule as we want it. Where the time is our own and we answer to nobody but ourselves.The luxury of time is the biggest luxury of all IMO and it really is more valuable than any precious gem or possession.

Now that I am talking about this one of the things we have been wanting to do for a long while now is a bicycling trip through New Zealand. We were actually talking about doing this with the person we bought our custom carbon tandem from a few years ago as he organizes bike tours like that with small groups of couples who ride tandem bicycles. I am not normally a joiner but something like this really appeals to me. Combining my love of cycling with my dh with traveling through a country I have been wanting to go to in the safety of a small group sounds like an incredible adventure. Plus we would be staying at luxury accommodations so that is right up my alley too. The New Zealand tour was happening this year and we were seriously considering going. Then of course I broke my leg in 2 places and this idea was put on hold. But not forgotten and that is up there on my to do list!

Jimmianne, great advice. Very wise, thank you! There really is no time like the present and planning in advance is critical to making a dream come true. I hope you get to live in France very soon as I know that is a dream that would bring you much joy and peace too. Umm and yes. I am ready and waiting you know. 8) :bigsmile: :appl:

So I forgot that my dh has two things that are really high up there on his to do list. One is to learn how to weld and two to eventually build his own (our) boat. Sounds like another win win for me. 8-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cheers--Sharon

Not kidding. :saint: I believe I "could" handle it, but not sure if I "would" be able to mange it. Decades of repetitive stress on my joints (work, weight lifting, exercise, sports) have left me wondering if I "should". Have thought about it tho!

cheers--Sharon

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

him: thud_.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amber St. Clare|1455925471|3993101 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man! Don't get me started.
The list is long, and my days are numbered. :Up_to_something:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

kenny|1455926059|3993114 said:
Amber St. Clare|1455925471|3993101 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man! Don't get me started.
The list is long, and my days are numbered. :Up_to_something:

What's that they say? You're only as old as you feel!? {in that case I'm 127}

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="missy|

Dancing Fire you are a good one to always ask others for details and pics. Your turn to share please. 8) :naughty: :cheeky:

[/quote]

I will if I decide to pole dance... :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1455931363|3993136 said:
missy said:

I will if I decide to pole dance... :bigsmile:

OK I will hold you ( 8) ) to that DF. :lol:

Amber St Clare, you are cracking me up tonight. :lol:
He's not bad looking. :lickout:

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock

Dancing Fire|1455858538|3992819 said:

cheers--Sharon

Pics please!.. :naughty:

Lol, I actually do have lots of pictures!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Skydiving. It's scares the living crap out of me, but I think that's why I want to do it. Does that make sense?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Master a martial art and be able to kick a$$ like Jet Li.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lil Misfit|1455936987|3993165 said:
Skydiving. It's scares the living crap out of me, but I think that's why I want to do it. Does that make sense?

Yes I think so. When you are doing something like that you get such an adrenalin rush. It can make you feel alive when you flirt with danger and that is why many people crave things that produce this adrenalin rush.

LLJsmom said:
Master a martial art and be able to kick a$$ like Jet Li.

I can see you doing this and doing it amazingly. Go for it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results