shape
carat
color
clarity

What one thing scares you more than anything else?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heights. I’m totally terrified. No glass bottom bridge, no roller coasters, no observation decks for me. It makes me feel like I’m going to fall to my death.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it all comes down to the fear of death.
Thanatophobia.

That and insects. I don’t like insects and some scare the heck out of me. :errrr:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Squirrels! Omg - my hounds still occasionally bring them in to me as a “present.”

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Public speaking or speaking in front of 3 or more people. My heart races, my mind goes numb/ blank, I get sweaty and lightheaded and just stare at you like a fish.
I've taken many classes and each time seems worse than the one before. I call in sick on days where I have a staff meeting to introduce ourselves. :(2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fire, I can't even light candles on a birthday cake without one of those really long lighters :errrr:

I also have a fear of needles.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heights, but I love rappelling and have done a 200ft rappel.
I also love flying in small planes.
I will not do ladders over a few feet.
Totally weird.

Just an image on tv or movie looking down off a high building can bug me but I would rappel off the same building anytime.

Edit: My wifey getting sick would be the number one. Heights second.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Not being able to see parents or grandparent again due to COVID-19.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
16AEACAA-F597-49F1-9F7E-2163F2AAAC93.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Public speaking or speaking in front of 3 or more people. My heart races, my mind goes numb/ blank, I get sweaty and lightheaded and just stare at you like a fish.
I've taken many classes and each time seems worse than the one before.

Same. All the above happens to me too. I could tell stories of when I had to give major speeches. Not good.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m afraid of the exact same things as @missy...Death and bugs..I’m terrified of dying...always have been...I just saw she added public speaking...Yes...That too! You would think I wouldn’t be because I talk a lot. If everyone is looking at me I forget what I have to say and my heart pounds out of my chest.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Totally weird.

Just an image on tv or movie looking down off a high building can bug me but I would rappel off the same building anytime.

I'm the same way! I describe it as a fear of falling vs a fear of heights for me, because if there's some sort of railing or protection I'm fine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m afraid of the exact same things as @missy...Death and bugs..I’m terrified of dying...always have been...I just saw she added public speaking...Yes...That too! You would think I wouldn’t be because I talk a lot. If everyone is looking at me I forget what I have to say and my heart pounds out of my chest.

Me too. From when I was a little girl. One of my first memories is thinking about dying and what did death mean. Nothingness and darkness. It scared the heck out of me. Still does but not in the intense way it did when I was a little girl.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee we have so much in common lol. We love diamonds. We hate bugs. We can’t give speeches in front of an audience without breaking into a sweat and forgetting everything we wanted to say. And we are scared of death.

I also don’t like flying but that’s mainly cause I’m scared to die.::)

:lol:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @MamaBee I used to feel the same fear of death until my parents passed. After that I figured if they are there, I won’t be alone or afraid. I really thought if they could do it with Grace, then so can I.
I’m more afraid of the age I’ll be when death happens for me. Sadly, longevity doesn’t seem to run in my family and I want to enjoy my children’s lives.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. From when I was a little girl. One of my first memories is thinking about dying and what did death mean. Nothingness and darkness. It scared the heck out of me. Still does but not in the intense way it did when I was a little girl.

I had a near death experience when I was at Jones Beach when I was sixteen. They pulled me out of the water...The
people on the beach thought I was dead. I saw some things that I shouldn’t have seen because I was face down in the water. It was a very calm experience while being fully aware of everything around me. That’s all I will say because people will think I lost it..haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @MamaBee I used to feel the same fear of death until my parents passed. After that I figured if they are there, I won’t be alone or afraid. I really thought if they could do it with Grace, then so can I.
I’m more afraid of the age I’ll be when death happens for me. Sadly, longevity doesn’t seem to run in my family and I want to enjoy my children’s lives.

((((Hugs))))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee we have so much in common lol. We love diamonds. We hate bugs. We can’t give speeches in front of an audience without breaking into a sweat and forgetting everything we wanted to say. And we are scared of death.

I also don’t like flying but that’s mainly cause I’m scared to die.::)

:lol:

Hahaha Me too! One time I was flying alone and I grabbed the person next to me when the plane bumped! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

XOXO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally weird.

I wonder if this is a depth perception thing. I love zip-lining, no problems flying but I find I can no longer ride my bike, comfortably, down a very steep hill--especially with sharp turns. I think I ruined myself a few years ago doing a drive from PS to San Diego--I think I have PTSD from the sharp turns and cliffside.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dementia. I'm not afraid of dying, but I don't want to go the way my mother went, one piece of her mind at a time.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drowning, specifically having a car accident and ending up in water.

THIS! I had a nightmare about it recently and cannot stop thinking about it, however unlikely it may be. Also scared of spiders.... :rolleyes:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
getting sick and not being independent or taking care of myself in the most basic, fundamental, rudimentary way.

my husband getting sick ...

getting bitten by biting insects: mosquitos, spiders, fleas ...they LOVE me, and its just plain awful because i am, highly, allergic ... im down for 3 days on account of it

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medical procedures, the dentist, etc. Boy I boy do I panic if it's something I can't "watch". I had to have a lumbar puncture once with fluoroscopy. Complete panic attack before the procedure, even after 10mg of Xanax I cried through the whole thing and my muscles were so tense I changed the direction of the needle and they nicked my vertebrae causing a bleed. I was in the hospital for 6 days after that and eventually needed a blood patch to close it. NIGHTMARE.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to take the route of irrational fear rather than like - things happening to loved ones type biggest fear.
Preying mantis.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
As long as I can remember I have been terrified of wasps, hornets, yellow jackets. I will completely embarrass myself getting away from a wasp. I am a danger to myself and others. Now that a wasp could cause an anaphylactic reaction it is less irrational.
I am not afraid of honey bees and bumble bees though. I'm not sure how allergic I am to bees and have no desire to find out!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Snakes. I can barely look at them in a picture. And I have several friends who own them as pets and I’ll never visit their home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results