shape
carat
color
clarity

What new shows are you watching?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've been watching "Revenge" and we liked the first episode of "Pan Am" so far. I had to watch Ashton Kutcher on "Two and a Half Men" and I liked it. I used to watch it a long time ago but then got out out of the habit. I may watch it again -- I liked Walden.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I loved the first episode of Revenge and so did my BF. We also like Up All Night and New Girl. I liked Whitney but he doesn't like the laugh track. We wanted to watch The Playboy Club but haven't had a chance to yet. I also liked Two and a Half Men with Ashton Kutcher. Walden was really funny!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, New Girl is another one like. My husband wanted to watch Whitney but she bugs me for some reason so I can't get into it. I'm not sure if he's checked out the show yet. Revenge seems like such a different type of show. I really like it and I love Emily VanCamp and Madeleine Stowe. It's a little hard to follow at times (for me anyway!) but I look forward to it every week.

Hey, jlp, how's the job situation?

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I am a week behind on Revenge, I forgot to DVR it last week. Ugh.

Thanks for asking about the job situation. I found a part-time after school teacher position that is about 20hrs a week and has kept me busy. It has also allowed me to make some friends in the Boston area which has been great. I am also on subbing list for an independent school and looking into some nannying. All of it gets me out of the house and I am much less frustrated with the situation! I am very thankful I came across some work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep hearing good things about Pan Am!!! I need to dvr it. What is it about Zoe?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually haven't been watching any of the new shows. I watched New Girl but was not a fan at all. I had kind of figured I wouldn't like it from the previews but I wanted to give it a chance.

So I'm sticking with my usual line up of shows: Parks and Rec, Modern Family, Glee (although it has been sucking hard so it's about to get cut from my list!), Real Time With Bill Maher and Boardwalk Empire. Can't wait for 30 Rock to come back on-I miss it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone see the premiere of Suburgatory? I think it has promise.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jlp -- That's right, I remember now that you mention it that you've found a part time position. That's great you're making friends already! It can be hard when you move to a new place. Occasionally we (PSers) have get togethers in the Boston area, and it would be great to meet sometime. I'm sure you can find Revenge on Hulu. It was a good one.

Skippy -- Pam Am takes place in the '60s and Christina Ricci's in it. She plays one of the flight attendants for the airline. Anyway, it's about a group of young girls (2 of them are sisters) who begin working for the airline. One of them is actually recruited for the FBI, CIA, or similar agency. That's pretty far-fetched but it gave the show an interesting twist. There's only been one episode so far but we really liked it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1317507538|3030781 said:

I forgot when it was on! Darn. I'll find it and watch it on Hulu this weekend.

Thing2 -- I don't like Glee anymore either. We're actually a season behind (we started watching the series late), but it's boring me now. I haven't seen Parks and Rec. but I heard it's really good. Same thing with Modern Family. There's been so much buzz about MF. I feel like I should check it out.

There's a newish show, The Middle, with Patricia Heaton, and that's pretty good. I've only caught a few episodes but it's funny.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Upgradable|1317507538|3030781 said:

I forgot I watched that this week too! It held my attention in the first episode, so I will watch another. Wasn't a favorite though.

Zoe - It was a rough start moving to Boston but I am figuring it out a little at a time. Massachusetts makes it so hard to get certified as a teacher which sucks. It is nice to have some new friends out here for sure! Most of my friends were made in high school or college, without having school as an option work was the only way to make friends! If there is ever a Boston get together I would definitely consider coming!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
thing2of2 - I have been watching Modern Family as well. I have never watched it before this season but I really have been enjoying it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe-the last season of Glee was bad, too. There were a few good episodes near the end of the season but that's it. And this season is not looking good!

Definitely check out Modern Family-it's HILARIOUS! It's tied with Parks and Rec and both of those are just under 30 Rock for me. (30 Rock is my favorite show!)

jlp-you should catch up on old episodes online-they're all so great!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're watching Revenge, Suburgatory, and Ringer (the new one with Sarah Michelle Gellar). All are enjoyable so far. I didn't care for Charlie's Angels or Pan Am.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Revenge and Ringer but my favorite is Person of Interest. Awesome show.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen any of the new shows, but want to check out Ringer and New Girl.

Right now am on a Mad Men marathon. Last night I watched four episodes and am half way through season 2 (netflix streaming).

I kinda like waiting till a show has come out on Netflix and then plowing through the series.

I'm currently watching: Whitney, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl and The X Factor :wink2:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
thing2of2|1317513232|3030845 said:
Zoe-the last season of Glee was bad, too. There were a few good episodes near the end of the season but that's it. And this season is not looking good!

Definitely check out Modern Family-it's HILARIOUS! It's tied with Parks and Rec and both of those are just under 30 Rock for me. (30 Rock is my favorite show!)

I loved the first season. I liked the second season. I hate this season. True there have only been a couple of episodes, but they absolutely stink so far!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
2 broke girls= very funny and im watching x factor because im watching the British and Australian versions as well.Not loving the new girl, charlies angels or pan-am.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1317515778|3030871 said:
I like Revenge and Ringer but my favorite is Person of Interest. Awesome show.

We just watched Person of Interest last night. It was pretty good. I'm not sure we'll keep up with it on a regular basis but we did like it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1317516267|3030877 said:
I haven't seen any of the new shows, but want to check out Ringer and New Girl.

Right now am on a Mad Men marathon. Last night I watched four episodes and am half way through season 2 (netflix streaming).

I kinda like waiting till a show has come out on Netflix and then plowing through the series.

We've done that with a lot of shows too. MI-5, Lost, The West Wing (although I had seen every episode as they aired, my husband hadn't seen the series), Monarch of the Glen, and Ballykissangel come to mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new shows that I am enjoying right now are Revenge, Playboy Club, Person of Interest, New Girl, Suburgatory, Terra Nova and Pan Am. I have Ringers on Tivo but haven't checked it out yet. Since I have only seen the pilot of these shows only time will tell if it will continue to be enjoyable. Terra Nova is a bit obvious in its message and I can see it getting preachy but so far I liked the pilot despite these flaws.

My favorite returning shows are Modern Family, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation,Weeds, The Office (not sure if I like the Carrell's replacement Spader yet), Two and a Half Men (giving it a chance as I thought it got boring last season), Desperate Housewives -sad it's the last season:(. Disappointed that Brothers and Sisters never had any conclusion before it was canceled though it was also getting boring. I just like closure LOL. I used to love Glee but last season was not good so haven't tuned it to see if it improved this season yet.

Really looking forward to Mad Men!! Why so long between seasons for the best shows?!

Never heard of some of the shows you ladies mentioned so I will have to check them out.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Last night I watched the encore of Terra Nova. I liked the first half better when they were still in the future. Once they went to the past, many of the story lines seemed --been there, done that.

I also watched the first episode of Two and Half Men, just to see how they were going to kill off Charlie Sheen. I enjoyed it right up until Ashton's appearance.

I am also watching Boardwalk Empire. I hope it will be as good as last season.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
So far we've watched New Girl and Terra Nova. Really liked New Girl and was meh on Terra Nova. We've also got Person of Interest on the DVR but haven't checked it out yet.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I'm absolutely loving Revenge so far! That's the only new show I'm watching now.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My usual shows are: Boardwalk Empire, Housewives of OC, BH, NY, NJ- Millionaire Matchmaker, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Community, Parks & Rec, True Blood, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage

New shows: X Factor and StrikeBack :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1317504521|3030761 said:
I keep hearing good things about Pan Am!!! I need to dvr it. What is it about Zoe?

OOOOOH, I have heard good things about Pan Am too? BTW has anyone watched The Playboy Club??

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
iugurl|1317522437|3030933 said:
thing2of2|1317513232|3030845 said:

I loved the first season. I liked the second season. I hate this season. True there have only been a couple of episodes, but they absolutely stink so far!

Ha yep, exactly! They need to get their mojo back somehow!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Terra Nova! We watched the initial two hour premier and loved it.

I am DYING for House to start back up. Tomorrow, YAYYYYYY!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I loved the first episode of Pan Am! I'm excited to see episode 2 tonight!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always about a year behind, so I'm just now falling in love with Blue Bloods. Tom Sellec :love: k!

(Actually, I did catch an episode or two last year. I'm liking it better this year)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results