shape
carat
color
clarity

what name brand items do you own that would consider a status symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Steel

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 6:55:40 PM
Author: B.H.S

Date: 3/2/2009 5:32:26 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

ROFL. English cars are notoriously problematic. Even Jeremy Clarkson belabours the shortcomings of most of the English ilk - Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin . . .love them all, but you certainly can''t claim that they''re reliable just because they have handstiched leather interiors.
9.gif

I made no such correlation between reliability and ''having hand stitched leather interiors''. I used it as an example. That was the first car that came to mind, therefore I typed that particular brand in. However, as an owner of two English made vehicles, I''ve never had an issue. Sorry if you, and others, have.

Next time, before I post, I''ll be sure to ask what you feel are acceptable vehicles to place in said example. This way it will insure I make you, and everyone else, happy. Wouldn''t want to offend anyone on an anonymous message board. Right? I shutter to think of such a monstrosity.
38.gif
Well really if we''re going to talk reliability and longevity, we should be talking Honda and Toyota here. I like to think of my Civic as evidence of the status of my intelligence
3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 7:07:44 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 3/2/2009 6:55:40 PM
Author: B.H.S

Date: 3/2/2009 5:32:26 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

ROFL. English cars are notoriously problematic. Even Jeremy Clarkson belabours the shortcomings of most of the English ilk - Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin . . .love them all, but you certainly can''t claim that they''re reliable just because they have handstiched leather interiors.
9.gif

I made no such correlation between reliability and ''having hand stitched leather interiors''. I used it as an example. That was the first car that came to mind, therefore I typed that particular brand in. However, as an owner of two English made vehicles, I''ve never had an issue. Sorry if you, and others, have.

Next time, before I post, I''ll be sure to ask what you feel are acceptable vehicles to place in said example. This way it will insure I make you, and everyone else, happy. Wouldn''t want to offend anyone on an anonymous message board. Right? I shutter to think of such a monstrosity.
38.gif
Well really if we''re going to talk reliability and longevity, we should be talking Honda and Toyota here. I like to think of my Civic as evidence of the status of my intelligence
3.gif

And an Amen to that. As an employee of a dealer who has a Honda franchise, and because I drive one every day 100+ miles round trip, I say there aren''t better cars on the market, for the money. Their resale value says as much. Now, if I had unlimited funds to spend, I might buy the luxury version of either of those brands. A Lexus or Acura would be my choice over nearly any other luxury vehicle, if only because of reliability, ease of servicing, and having a less flashy profile.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results