Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Yellow gold

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Rose gold

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Kataoka9

Rough_Rock
I've been driving my future fiance crazy because I love all the metals. Part of me loves the cool look of platinum patina, it's very modern and clean looking. But is it grey in the end? I don't like grey. Then I also love the warmth and romance of yellow and rose gold. I have jewelery in all colors. My fiance hates yellow gold and a part of me really wants to match. Problem is I have no idea what looks best on me. I have pink tones to my tan skin? I don't burn when tanning, I just get tanner. I also go very light, pink/yellowy in winter. Basically my skin is confused. How to decide??? I've attached some necklaces around my finger lol

Screenshot_20210619-175513.png
Screenshot_20210619-175500.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I love the yellow gold against your skin best. I think it pops and compliments your skin tone. The rose gold disappears and blends beautifully your skin color. The white gold is my third choice.

We have super similar skin tone! I find that RG blends against my skin too much and it’s not my favourite for rings. I wear/prefer white metals the most so I would go with WG (over plat, since you mentioned that you don’t like the greyness. WG can be rhodium plated so it’s shiny white) or YG.

okthen

Rough_Rock
I think RG looks best in the photo on you. RG melds so beautifully with your hand -- a bit like good nude lipsticks -- and so is my top pick.

And Platinum looks the second best.

I am a Indian too and obv have only worn YG all my life hehe and stayed from Platinum, as its just expensive silver right!

But I recently bought a platinum ring and I love how it looks. It is much more clean, sleek, solid and modern than silver.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
White gold! The rose blends in too much, I think, for an engagement ring.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I love rose gold, I think it blends in with your skin tone too much. I love the yellow gold on you, but if you want to match, the white gold will look great on you too.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Since it’s for a wedding, I think it is symbolic to accommodate both your fiancé‘s and your preferences so maybe white gold would be the best choice. Maybe for some traditional ceremonies like the henna party where he isn’t involved, you can wear yellow gold jewelry?

I think all the metals look good on you so don’t stop yourself from collecting them for your own enjoyment!

Kataoka9

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for such thoughtful input! I'm still stuck deciding LOL going to meet jewellers this week.

Kataoka9

Rough_Rock
I think RG looks best in the photo on you. RG melds so beautifully with your hand -- a bit like good nude lipsticks -- and so is my top pick.

And Platinum looks the second best.

I am a Indian too and obv have only worn YG all my life hehe and stayed from Platinum, as its just expensive silver right!

But I recently bought a platinum ring and I love how it looks. It is much more clean, sleek, solid and modern than silver.

Thanks for the input! @okthen do you like the platinum patina?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been driving my future fiance crazy because I love all the metals. Part of me loves the cool look of platinum patina, it's very modern and clean looking. But is it grey in the end? I don't like grey. Then I also love the warmth and romance of yellow and rose gold. I have jewelery in all colors. My fiance hates yellow gold and a part of me really wants to match. Problem is I have no idea what looks best on me. I have pink tones to my tan skin? I don't burn when tanning, I just get tanner. I also go very light, pink/yellowy in winter. Basically my skin is confused. How to decide??? I've attached some necklaces around my finger lol

Screenshot_20210619-175513.png
Screenshot_20210619-175500.png

The YG in the middle has my vote, and I voted for YG in the poll before I saw this pic too.

DK :))

okthen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! @okthen do you like the platinum patina?

Yes! So my platinum ring I bought is a 2011 piece.

The patina is unnoticeable mostly but it does give the ring a nice more mellow/milky vibe than new platinum which looks a bit like industrial metal.

Still way "less" mellow or milky than silver.

In all, yes there's patina but it looks great.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Yellow Gold works best for Tan skin. I've seen lots of Indian movies and most of them are wearing Yellow Gold. Its looks stunning on them to be honest.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I suggest searching Pricescope for unplated white gold. I have a feeling it might look nice on you. It's sort of in between yellow gold and white gold. Warm without so much yellow. Here's a photo I found on line.

1629744690932.jpeg

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
A fellow member just created this beautiful ring using unplated 14K white gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results