shape
carat
color
clarity

What metal color do you like with my skin tone?

What metal color do you like with my skin tone?

• Rose Gold

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Yellow Gold

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Either Rose or Yellow Gold

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Neither, stick with White Gold

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
HI! I am looking for a new RHR and I am trying to figure out what color metal I should go with. I really want rose gold but maybe it doesn't look good with my skin?? I don't know what style I am getting right now, but I have taken some pictures (really bad pictures, sorry!) of different metals. Of course the color of my skin looks so different in these pictures!! But, which colors do you like or for sure don't like on my skin tone, particularly between rose gold and yellow gold?

Ugh, why do pictures turn sideways lately?? I haven't had that issue until recently. :wall:

Rose Gold
img_3197.jpg
White Gold & Yellow Gold
img_3959.jpg
Yellow Gold, White Gold, Rose Gold (left to right)
img_4191.jpg
Different light, Yellow Gold, White Gold, Rose Gold (left to right)
img_4195.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should get what you like. But if you're looking for opinions, I prefer the yellow gold first, white second and rose gold last. The rose brings out the redness in your skin while also 'blending in' with it. I guess it's a subtle look. I have the same issue. The yellow gold stands out the most (in a good way) and the white gold is ok, I think white looks good on just about everyone. It's awesome that you have one of each to wear and compare - go with your gut. Pictures can only convey so much. Good luck and let us know what you choose!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think we are similar in that we have pinkish skin and rose gold just blends right in and doesn't show up as well as white or yg! A few months ago I bought a VCA bracelet in rose gold because it was so pretty, but I ended up exchanging it for yellow gold because it just didn't show up well on me.

A ring is a bit different, though. If your shank is rose gold and your stones are set in white metal, then I am not sure it matters what color the shank is.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1463195852|4031535 said:
I think you should get what you like. But if you're looking for opinions, I prefer the yellow gold first, white second and rose gold last. The rose brings out the redness in your skin while also 'blending in' with it. I guess it's a subtle look. I have the same issue. The yellow gold stands out the most (in a good way) and the white gold is ok, I think white looks good on just about everyone. It's awesome that you have one of each to wear and compare - go with your gut. Pictures can only convey so much. Good luck and let us know what you choose!

Ditto. Yellow or white.

Wolfrott

Rough_Rock
White, then yellow: I also strongly advise against rose! :) Hope that helps.

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
White then yellow gets my vote.

Good luck with your decision!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White looks great against your skin tone IMO and then I like the yellow second best. I wonder if 18K rose vs 14K rose would make a difference re your preference against your skin tone. I don't remember but I *think* 14K rose is pinker and 18K rose is a bit less pink. Which of the rose gold are you modeling? 14K or 18K and perhaps try it out and see if it looks better against your skin tone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WG stands out beautifully on your skin. I am alone in stating that RG looks very sophisticated on you, but it does blend a bit with your skintone. WG and RG bands would also look great.
The YG set looks good with the micro pave. Not sure I like the YG band on your hand: I do not really love it on your skintone.

So for me it would be:
1. WG
2. RG
3. YG

I am looking at the pics on my phone. You should choose what sings most to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point Acinom makes about how we are viewing the pics. Not sure it shows up true to life as everyone's computer monitors shows it a bit differently probably. Yes over all else choose what you prefer and you are in love with no matter what we say. Good luck and enjoy. You are soon going to have a beautiful new piece of bling and we cannot wait for you to share it with us. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I might be the oddball but I like the rose gold.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White > Yellow > Rose [emoji1360]

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1463223290|4031594 said:
I might be the oddball but I like the rose gold.

Me too, I love it. However, I think the yellow pops more.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, now I am confused!! Thank you for all your opinions! I thought that blending into my skin was good thing, but it sounds like it isn't!!! When I was trying on those 3 stacking bands yesterday, the jeweler said he didn't like rose gold on my skin, which is what prompted my question. This project wouldn't be cheap so I don't want to screw it up!!!

Maybe I should post a new thread on this or I should have asked up front, but here is what I was thinking. Acinom's rose gold stacking rings are my inspiration (thanks Acinom!) I want to use a 1-1.3ct diamond though (either OEC, MB or possibly cushion) and have 3 rings like Acinom. Below are my inspiration pictures. I was thinking rose gold only because it seems a bit let engagement like, but maybe white or yellow gold is a better choice for the investment. Any opinions on metal color? Also, satin or polished?

Acinom's Stacking Rings
acinoms_rose_gold_stacking_rings.jpg
Love the shape of this!
bezel_ring_round_in_cushion_shape.jpg
DorotheaBrooke's RHR Ring with AVC
maytal_hannah_rose_gold_avc.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rose gold looks good with your skin but it sort of blends in. If it's a simple solitaire, thats no big deal. If it's an
beautiful elaborate setting then you dont want it to blend in.

The yellow gold matches your skin nicely and also stands out nicely. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

The white...I dont think it really does much for you.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on whether you want the stones to stand out or the ring as a whole to stand out. If the answer is the stones, then I think the rose gold looks nice. It blends with your skin so the focus is on the stones. However if you are going to have a detailed design and want the whole ring to stand out, I like white gold and yellow gold (in that order) on your hand. Just as an aside, I like the look of the stacked bands in 3 different colors on your hand. If you like the look of rose gold, perhaps you can use it as an accent and make the rest of the ring white gold.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I chose white gold. My skin tone is like yours. I really like rose gold & wanted at least 1 piece in that metal but every time I try it on, I don't love it & believe me, I really try. LOL Sales people have been honest as well about avoiding rose & sticking with either white or yellow for my skin colouring. There's always the option of rose gold prongs or bezel with yellow or white shank. That would be pretty too.

Judy
:))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm I that same club of Want To Wear Rose Gold But Probably Shouldn't.

If I understood correctly, you are thinking of making a stacked set? Would you consider the center ring in rose and the outside rings in white? That way the metal seen against your hand will provide a contrast to both your skintone and the main focus of the ring.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1463197033|4031541 said:
maccers|1463195852|4031535 said:

Ditto. Yellow or white.

VRBeauty's post sums up my opinion beautifully -- another vote for YG first, WG second.

The RG I think is not very complementary on you -- if you're considering a stack set, that'd be 3 rings in RG mostly blending into your skin and highlighting the red tone in your skin... is that the look you want? Depending on the diamond, maybe just put the basket in RG and do the bands/shanks in WG? Or, change over to YG?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the opinions, it is really helpful!!! The majority don't think rose gold is the best choice, so I am pretty sure that is out. Maybe one of the stacking bands could be rose gold depending on the color of the main ring. I am definitely thinking a plain shank bezel set diamond ring (no pave) and a couple of bands. I really like the shape of the yellow gold ring I posted. Now the question is yellow or white gold, brushed or polished metal. Boy, this tough!!! :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results