shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes your heart sing/beam being a MOM?? :) :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it would be fun to hear some sweet stories about your little ones!!! Share a story, moment or just something. :bigsmile:

I am fairly new to being a mommy! I love each morning that my twin boys (4 months old now) are SMILING and SMILING and SMILING and they know it is ME!!!! :D I can't wait to hear their laughs out loud! I also love that they can sometimes be cuddly. :love:

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, this is the sweetest idea for a thread.

For those who don't know, I have twin boys. They just turned three yesterday.

My heart sings every time I hear those little voices chirping to each other in the morning before they get out of bed.

I love it when they comfort each other when they are sad or hurt.

When they are kind and decent to other people without my prompting, as we've been trying to teach them, I am thrilled.

When they sing and make up dances, it makes my day.

I love the wide-eyed wonder that crosses their faces when they have a new and grand experience.

This all makes up for the poopy diapers. :tongue:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
JAS, you have some adorable twin boys!!! awwwww, your post made me tear up!!! I love that!!! Happy birthday to L and J! :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When he sees me or my husband and he smiles his huge, toothless smile, it just melts my heart! :bigsmile: His babbling, coos, and chirps in the morning are so much fun to listen to. Sweetest melody I've ever heard!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Last weekend at a wedding I was so proud of my little girl who is now 27 months...

In the church she was as good as gold - the only squeak she made during the whole ceremony was to say 'Oh mummy, a princess' as the bride walked up the aisle and 'Rings? I want to see the rings? Mummy, can I have a ring?' (Yes darling in about 30 years :wink2: ) both said in a quiet enough voice that only people right next to us could hear.

At the reception she played nicely with all the other children and was very polite to all the other guests and the staff. She didn't throw a single tantrum or scene, she was just beautifully behaved all day and thoroughly enjoyed herself. Lots of people came up to tell me this which since she is generally a serious handful made me so happy.

Heres a picture...

304031_10150766093620363_573075362_20538739_2394204_n.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I shared this storybwith some friends. The other night I teared up as I was putting Sophia to bed. She was hanging out in our bedroom. I carried her to her room which is very close to our room. She laid her head on my shoulder and hugged me tight. As we were walking she was saying good night to everythin she passed, the kitchen table, her plate and cup, the living room television, her toys, etc. I don't know why but it made me tear up. I remember her as being this little thing who only really understood that the person carrying her is someone whose smell and voice she recognized from the womb. And now she is understanding there's a world around her. There's more to life than just mom. And yet she held on close and tight to me like she knew that is where she belongs.

I know it's super cheesy but just knowing she's growing up makes my heart sing and ache at the same time.

And when she says I love you, I melt. Especially when it comes out of nowhere like when we're driving and she says I love you mama. I've never known a love so genuine ::)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Gaaah! Another thread NOT to read while pregnant...fiery, you just made ME tear up like a baby!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
charbie|1314572683|3003912 said:
Gaaah! Another thread NOT to read while pregnant...fiery, you just made ME tear up like a baby!

Oh my goodness, me too!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Anderson is 8 months old, and is thisclose to crawling. I love when I'm on the other side of the room and he army crawls over to be next to me. That and his morning smiles and laughs make getting up so much more fun than it used to be! I find myself looking at the clock after he's down and thinking "only x more hours until I get to play with him again!" I know I won't be saying that for long, so for now I enjoy it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Eventually, your kids will ask if you love them, how do you know that you love them, and how much do you love them. The first time JT asked "do you love me?" I said, "Absolutely!" "How do you know??" And I told him, "because whenever I'm with you my heart sings!" He laid his head on my chest and started humming the 'Glooooo-ooooo-oooooria" part of that Christmas song. That's the song that my heart sings for him. It still makes me tear up thinking about it.

Now, he's more into the silliness and grossness that little boys love so besides making my heart sing, I tell him that I love him so much rainbows shoot out of my butt. He loves it and I'll do anything to see that smile.

The other day I asked him if it was okay to kiss him when I dropped him off at school. He looked at me funny and said, "uh, yeah." I told him that sometimes when kids get bigger they don't like their moms kissing on them in public. He threw his arms around me and said, "I'll kiss and hug you every day all of my life."

He also asks me out on dates. I give DH heck about it because JT does a much better job of asking me to go on a date and planning it out. Today he asked me for a date while we were driving home. I obviously said yes. lol. He has planned a picnic at the park under the trees for us. I just can't believe how thoughtful and generous my son is. He is a great kid and is growing into a wonderful man. I just feel so blessed to be part of his life.

Lily is at that age where everything she does is just entirely too sweet and cute all of the time. But, she makes me melt when I'm giving her a hug and she actually puts her arms around me and then pats my back. I also love watching her with her baby. Supposedly, babies don't interact with dolls before they're around 2, but Lily feeds her baby, loves on her, burps her, and plays patty cake with her. When I see her with her doll, it makes me think that I'm doing an okay job being a mom because she's already "getting it."

Now that JT is in school full-time, Lily and I are getting more time together. She just loves to go anywhere and it's so much fun. Her personality is really shining these days and I can see what a special girl she is. She is the strongest person I've ever seen. Looking at her, you'd never have a clue that she ever had a heart problem. And she's one of those people whose soul shines right through her eyes. She envelops me in loving warmth whenever I'm near her. I can't believe I get to be her mom and one day, hopefully, her friend. I know she has an amazing future.

Okay, so now that I'm crying, I'm done for now. Just sitting and thinking about how much I love them, how blessed I am to have them in my life, how much God must love me to give me such precious gifts, and knowing that God loves them more than I can even imagine is just overwhelming.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
;( ;( ;(

You Momma's are making me weepy!!! Your LOs are so, so lucky, blessed, and fortunate to have you as mothers. The depth and breadth of your love for them just radiates from your posts.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
This is the perfect thread.

My (almost) 2-year old loves to hug my hubby and I together (group hug) before bed every night. As we're all hugging, he gently rubs our backs at the same time and we all hold each other tight. It is the sweetest thing and I cherish every second of that hug, especially since it means so much to our son. Makes all the crazy-filled days and sleep-deprived nights worth it.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
hearing my children laugh with each other. watching them dance. seeing them learn new things and hearing them ask deep questions- knowing they are really thinking about things! hearing "I love you". hugs and kisses. seeing their faces light up when they steal looks at me during dance or gymnastics classes and seeing that I am watching them and giving them a "thumbs up" sign. listening to my oldest read. when they try new foods, even if they don't like it, they always try a bite. watching them sleep. watching them grow up....

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! My children are grown so there are many moments but one that really always brings a tear to my eye is the fourth of july parade in a nearby town that we went to every year, my son was about 5 maybe and the vets color guard were coming up in the parade and I was off to the side with our girls, I saw my son reach for his cap unsure looking around like is this where I take my hat off? because many men in the crowd did not and he looked up and my husband who had taken his off and was also watching his little moment of confusion, saw his dad had his off and did the same and dh and I met eyes above his head and just smiled at each other so proud that he remembered this sign of respect that we had discussed previous years. That moment stands out, he was just so precious standing there with his cap held to his chest like a little man, he probably started pinching his sister or something after that but for a moment......

geri

Shiny_Rock
My DD is 7 months old and I love her more and more every day. I love:
- watching her sleep
- the excitement when she sees you in the morning
- the way her eyes light up when she smiles
- the intensity with which she looks at me
- the hysterical laughter at little things
- that she thinks I'm a great singer when I am seriously awful
- when she sits in my lap for story time and watches in the mirror as I read to her and smiles
- her raising her little arms to me when she wants to be picked up
- when she falls asleep in my arms

Ahh, I could go on and on....

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread!

I think probably the best thing about being a mommy, for me, is when something happens he has to come tell me/show me. Whether it's a bumped noggin or a dead leaf he found under the potted plants, the first person he shares with is mommy. He also tells me I love you in both sign language and out loud when I leave for work in the morning. "Bye bye mommy, good day, love you," then he crosses his arms over his chest and blows me a kiss. :love:

I also love that he now requests hugs, kisses and snuggles. When he climbs up in my lap and leans his head over for a kiss I melt. "Kiss, mama, kiss?" I love this baby like I have never loved anyone before.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE when I go to get them out of bed in the morning and they smile at me, it's the best to wake up to!
I also have twin boys and seeing them smile at each other is priceless.
When one of them falls asleep on my DH's chest. It's the sweetest.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1314572683|3003912 said:

Same here!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A million things but here are a few:

- DD is AMAZING with DS and seeing how much they love each other makes my heart swim :love:
- the cutest thing DS (he's 1YO) does right now is smile with his mouth full of food. This kid seriously can't help but smile when you look at him. Whenever we're eating dinner, I look at him and smile. He looks back and grins so big that the food creeps out. I guess that would be gross if only he were a few years older!
- he also loves his blankie and his thumb. There's nothing like when he's holding his blankie, sucking his thumb and lays his head on me shoulder.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Moments like this. Granted, at this age they're fleeting moments and the kids are more likely squabbling. Also LOVE when they plant a big one on you without being asked.

Walking.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Love this thread! My girls are 6 & 8 so the baby moments are a little faded ;( but reading all of the pp's have brought them back...so sweet!

I love it when I hear the girls giggling together after we've said goodnight and close their door. I love waking up to the sound of them playing together in the morning, the way that my oldest has so much compassion and love, and my younger daughter's cute little girl voice. I love when I pick them up after work and they yell "MOMMY'S HERE!" and run to the door as soon as they hear the doorbell. I love the random tackle hugs that my older daughter gives me, and when my younger one makes sure that she blows kisses to me when I drop her off at school.

I miss my little girls. ;( They grow up too darn fast!!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning driving to the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL for my prek-er, overhearing My older daughter (entering 3rd grade) talking softly and kindly to her younger sister on the way there.
"Now when you are on the mat, raise your hand to ask the teacher a question. And when you are at the work areas, touch your teacher on the shoulder. And ask nicely. There's going to be breaks like lunch time, a nap time for you, and recess, which is alot of fun. You will also have gym time, and the Coach's name is Coach B. There will be rules, but don't worry they will tell you the rules because you are new." All the while my younger is with wide eyes nodding quietly. And when they got out of the car my older daughter takes her younger sister's hand so they walk hand in hand to school."

It made me want to cry.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I am only 10 weeks in (became a mom through adoption July 1) but:

when my almost 3 year old son wakes up in the morning, looks at me with eyes full of love, and a slow smile spreads across his face and he just looks in my eyes and gently pats my face and arm

how he now loves to kiss me and always kisses each cheek and then my forehead

how he says "mama, right up to the moon and back" (like in "guess how much I love you")

how I say, "who's my baby" and he says "you my baby!"

how he looks at me to connect and recite together favorite lines in his books

pretty much everything! My son is amazing and melts my heart everytime I look at him. I just can't believe that I get to be his mom. I think it will be even better when the process is all done, we have his visa in hand, and are back home in the states with my husband!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
bella~ Your post made me all teary. He is one lucky boy to have you for his Mama.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be back soon to read the rest!!!! I have enjoyed reading these!!! soooooooooo SWEET :love: :appl:

LAILA, your little guy is precious; awww to toothless smiles! They sure make your heart melt! :love: Are you recording the chirps and smiles?

PANDORA, aww that is so cute about the ring; a pser in the making! Great pic!!!

FIERY, awww, that is so touching; what you wrote really speaks to the heart! Your S is precious!!! I love what you wrote; I got teary eyed too!

CHARBIE & INHISARMS can't wait to read your posts on your lo's soon!

LANIE, go A!!! awww, so sweet! video tape those moments!

SS, your kids are precious!!! I love that they love their fabulous momma so much! Your daughter is a fighter and a sweetheart!

SUGARPIE, aww, I love the nightly grouphug you have, so sweet!

NFOWIFE, that is so sweet; I love that kids can entertain each other and love it! it is so much fun to watch them grow!

ARTDECOGIRL, thanks for sharing! aw, that is beautiful he knew to take his cap off! I bet that was such a proud moment for you and your hubby! sweet!

GERI,
oh I bet the excitement when she seems mom makes you beam, so sweet!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
when he is tired or just waking up from a nap he will crawl onto my lap and lay his head on my shoulder and just snuggle with me. When I lean to him and say "kiss?" he gives me this open mouth slobbery kiss on the lips. How he cries out mama, maaaama over the monitor until I come to get him. When I am nursing him he will unlatch, look up at me and just bust out laughing, we just sit there laughing hysterically at nothing at all!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I melt when my three year old son says "I love you mama". :love: I also melt when my almost 8 month old daughter wakes up first thing in the morning. She always smiles really big and giggles a little bit :love: In those moments I think they cannot possibly get any cuter.

I am really enjoying watching my children grow into their own persons and explore the world around them. I am so proud of them and in love with them.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
K's just over 17 months old now.
I love it that she often comes over and stands in front of me looking up, reaching up with her arms, and saying "up", and is then so contented to be held. And when she hugs me tight with a little arm around my neck squeezing so hard...
I love it when she comes in the door with our nanny and all I hear is "Mama, mama". Then she'll just grin when she sees me, and will usually come over for a quick cuddle.
I love seeing the pride in her when she learns something new. The joyous grin when we clap for one of her achievements (which usually leads to her clapping for herself), the smile on her face when she learned to say "hallo" yesterday (and pronounced the L beautifully).
And then tonight when we walked back from the grocery store with DH pushing her shoulder, I walked next to her and held out my hand, and she took her two fingers she always sucks on out of her mouth to hold my hand. She didn't let go all the way home.
She's such a generous little thing - always trying to share some of her food with us, letting other kids have toys at the park...
Just seeing a picture of her smiling makes my heart just light up.
I'm so thankful I finally got the chance to be a Mom. She's learning so much every day, which is a miracle to see.

K chewing bread small.JPG

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
This thread is just too cute! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwww, I love :love: all the love for your Little ones!!!!! soooo SWEET! :love: These are so sweet to read!!! :appl:

MONKEY, aww that is sweet you are the 1st he goes to to show you something!

TIFFANY, that is so sweet they smile at each other too! Mine don't do that yet, but i can't wait! too cute!

NEL, can't wait to read your post here soon!

PUPP, aww, that is so sweet he loves cuddling with you w/his blankie!

LS, aww, that picture is worth 1,000 words! sweet!

TAMMY, I bet mommy is here is the best!!! and same w/the giggles, too cute!

PART GYPSY, that is so sweet they look out for each other; you did good momma!

BELLA, you and your little guy are blessed!!! I love that! Congrats; I am soooooo HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

DRK, aw, beautiful pic! sweet about the tight hugs! aww

ALLIE, aww, cuddles are the BEST!

ROSETTA, thanks!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results