shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes your heart sing/beam being a MOM?? :) :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - Your entire post is just too adorable! But, I especially loved the two neighbors chatting away comment. :)) I can totally picture it. So sweet!!

I must admit, I haven't read this thread yet. I don't want to cry!!

I will add, though, for myself. The best.thing.ever is when S hugs me! :love: :)) :love: So, so, so, so incredibly sweet. She hugs me a bunch of times every day, but each time, it just feels like such a gift, each and every hug!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1336212228|3188052 said:
Skippy - Your entire post is just too adorable! But, I especially loved the two neighbors chatting away comment. :)) I can totally picture it. So sweet!!

I must admit, I haven't read this thread yet. I don't want to cry!!

I will add, though, for myself. The best.thing.ever is when S hugs me! :love: :)) :love: So, so, so, so incredibly sweet. She hugs me a bunch of times every day, but each time, it just feels like such a gift, each and every hug!

aww that is so a sweet; I love that!!! She sounds like such a dear and darling little girl and you are a wonderful momma!!! :love: thanks friend. You should read it, I really enjoyed reading all the love the mommas have for their lo's!!! :halo:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I am only 12 weeks in but my list is endless!!! Here are a few of the things that give me the biggest highs:

- when she wakes up and sees my face, I get an enormous grin and the arms and legs start waving frantically with joy
- when she's nursing and stares up at me with her enormous dark eyes, just that look of absolute trust
- when she's nursing, staring at me, and suddenly gives me a massive grin (and sometimes also an "ah-goooooo!"), then goes back to sucking while she's still smiling
- watching her with her dad when they're having their epic Saturday and Sunday morning chats in bed
- when she's fussing or upset whilst being held by someone else, then immediately settles when I take her into my arms
- when we're playing silly games or chatting and she gives me such an enormous grin that her eyes close tight and her nose scrunches up, +/- an accompanying squeal
- the smell and feel of her round cheeks when she's asleep whilst being burped after a night feed

Sigh... I have a big goony grin on my face while I am writing this!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My "kids" are 18, 21 and 23, but what makes me so happy is when my 18 y.o. just wants to hang out with me (WHAT????) and my 21 year old smiles - that's so rare. If I can have a 2 or 3 sentence conversation with him, that's amazing and it gives me hope that the little boy I once had, is still somewhere inside. Seeing my 23 year old being confident, mature and making big life decisions makes me feel like the parenting job we set out to do... has paid off! I sure miss them being young, but I know that we did our jobs well when I see them being the people I hoped they'd grow up to be. That makes my heart sing!

As it is Mother's Day today, I just wanted to post on this thread!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pancake those are so beautiful!!!! :love: she loves her momma! awww :)

Enerchi, I bet it makes you feel good to see how they have grown and it is rewarding to see that your love and hard work has paid off!!! :halo:

thanks for sharing, these are all so beautiful and heart warming :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evan and Miles are walking and they pound their little chest with their hands because they are so proud! :love: OMG it is the CUTEST!!! :bigsmile:

They also are giving kisses without me asking for one; oh heart be still! :halo:

They love to dance when I have music playing and they love me to hold them in my arms and dance around with them. of course I don't have both in my arms at the same time.

When I pull out the BOB to go for a walk the squeal that they are happy to enjoy a nice walk and sunshine.

We have a little kiddie pool and they love splashing around in it! I put them in the pool nekkid and w/lots of sunscreen and it is so cute seeing their little nekkid tushie! lol

They hold me tight sometimes and i love hugging them back :love:

Oh being a momma to this boys makes me realize I never knew how much I would adore my own kids! It is so amazing the love we feel for our little ones, absolutely the BEST!!! :love:

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Skippy, what a cute idea for a topic...I just smiled from ear to ear reading all this cuteness.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My toddler comes over to me and says "Kiss? Kiss?" and then he grasps my face with both of his tiny little hands and plants a sloppy kiss on my face. It just makes me melt into a million pieces every time. Gah! I love everything about being a mommy.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ethan has taken to giving us hugs recently. Aw it's the sweetest ever. And he'll plant big sloppy open mouth "kisses" on me when he's happy to see me. He loves his mama! :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Dot is 8 months, which is the best age ever - so at the moment, everything!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much every one of the posts on this thread makes me tear up or cry (in a happy way!)

I never knew my heart could sing/beam/SWELL so big before I had a baby. I think I was pretty tough stuff even after my husband and I tried and achieved getting pregnant last year. I have a 4 and a half year old niece who I thought melted my heart, but that aunt/niece love is not as exceptional as the love between me and my new daughter...

Every time I look into her eyes, whether she's half asleep, or hungry, or happy, or hasn't even seen me for 10 hours, she smiles, and then her smile widens into the most beautiful grin. It's the most innocent, guileless grin I've ever seen and it reaches right into my heart. I feel so fortunate to be on the receiving end of such a moment of beauty every single day, and for the past 144 days I have not taken for granted that I get to wake up in the morning and see her face, her smile.

She's too young (or she hasn't developed this yet) to hug me, but there are times when I pick her up and she immediately bonks her head down on my shoulder, sticks her thumb in her mouth, and uses her other arm to grasp my neck. For a very fleeting and pure moment, I feel like all is right with the world, because my daughter has found her peace and for all she knows, I am the constant, unmovable, unchanging source of comfort in her life. This just about brings me to my knees with gratitude to whomever blessed me with this gift in human form.

I imagine there will be many more moments I will want to record here. I'm glad I had time to share a couple. I've loved reading this thread, thanks Skippy for posting it. Hugs and love to all you parents.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
I must admit when this thread was first started I shook my head, scrunched my eyes and thought "me heart sing?" Ha, oh how much I've learned. Being a mom is amazing. My heart feels full of love, like it could explode. Watching my daughter explore the world with her eyes and giving us huge gummy grins just fills my heart with a love like I've never known before. :love:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course there are many many things BUT recenly my 2 year old DS started singing. He wakes up singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Itsy Bitsy Spider nearly every day. AND...he sang happy birthday to me this week! :love: Well, he sang "Happy Birthday, Nolan". :lol: When I said, "It's mommy's birthday." , he said "No, Nolan's birthday!"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ello|1350315356|3285588 said:
Hi Skippy, what a cute idea for a topic...I just smiled from ear to ear reading all this cuteness.

Please share what your little one does! It is so much fun reading these; it really makes my day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1350322537|3285678 said:
My toddler comes over to me and says "Kiss? Kiss?" and then he grasps my face with both of his tiny little hands and plants a sloppy kiss on my face. It just makes me melt into a million pieces every time. Gah! I love everything about being a mommy.

omg, that is so sweet!!! I can't wait till my boys say that! We have been practicing I love you but Miles hums it and Evan comes and gives kisses.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
pancake|1350417615|3286500 said:
Dot is 8 months, which is the best age ever - so at the moment, everything!!!
awww, she looks like a love!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1350456178|3286893 said:
Pretty much every one of the posts on this thread makes me tear up or cry (in a happy way!)

I never knew my heart could sing/beam/SWELL so big before I had a baby. I think I was pretty tough stuff even after my husband and I tried and achieved getting pregnant last year. I have a 4 and a half year old niece who I thought melted my heart, but that aunt/niece love is not as exceptional as the love between me and my new daughter...

Every time I look into her eyes, whether she's half asleep, or hungry, or happy, or hasn't even seen me for 10 hours, she smiles, and then her smile widens into the most beautiful grin. It's the most innocent, guileless grin I've ever seen and it reaches right into my heart. I feel so fortunate to be on the receiving end of such a moment of beauty every single day, and for the past 144 days I have not taken for granted that I get to wake up in the morning and see her face, her smile.

She's too young (or she hasn't developed this yet) to hug me, but there are times when I pick her up and she immediately bonks her head down on my shoulder, sticks her thumb in her mouth, and uses her other arm to grasp my neck. For a very fleeting and pure moment, I feel like all is right with the world, because my daughter has found her peace and for all she knows, I am the constant, unmovable, unchanging source of comfort in her life. This just about brings me to my knees with gratitude to whomever blessed me with this gift in human form.

I imagine there will be many more moments I will want to record here. I'm glad I had time to share a couple. I've loved reading this thread, thanks Skippy for posting it. Hugs and love to all you parents.

awww, I love what your wrote; she has an amazing smile!!!! Motherhood is AMAZING!!!! :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire|1350507100|3287279 said:
I must admit when this thread was first started I shook my head, scrunched my eyes and thought "me heart sing?" Ha, oh how much I've learned. Being a mom is amazing. My heart feels full of love, like it could explode. Watching my daughter explore the world with her eyes and giving us huge gummy grins just fills my heart with a love like I've never known before. :love:
exploding hearts for sure!!!! hehe awww your daughter sounds darling; thanks for sharing!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppmom|1350572498|3287830 said:
Of course there are many many things BUT recenly my 2 year old DS started singing. He wakes up singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Itsy Bitsy Spider nearly every day. AND...he sang happy birthday to me this week! :love: Well, he sang "Happy Birthday, Nolan". :lol: When I said, "It's mommy's birthday." , he said "No, Nolan's birthday!"

awwww I bet that is the CUTEST!!! I hope you are getting video of all this! aww, I love "No, Nolan's bday!" :D

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I was just telling my husband that I started a little ritual where I enjoy some crackers and cheese in the afternoon and lately my boys love to run around the house, so when I start eating cheese and crackers, they want some and come running! I love that we share food together; they get so excited to have cheese and crackers with mommy and they smile so big, it is darling!!!

I love turning on music and they love to dance around and move their arms and bop their heads! It is so sweet!

They love to cuddle stuffed animals and they love when I get the stuffed animals to give them kisses, they laugh in delight! Motherhood, IS amazing!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
All of these posts are just so sweet. I'm sitting her bawling like baby, 39 weeks pregnant and sick with a cold... I cant wait to meet my LO and reading this makes me all the more excited and impatient. I don't want to be sick when she is born though so I hope she hangs out for another week or so...but I want to hold her so bad ;(

Ahhhh! Excuse me, I need to go quite down the hormones and drink a cup of tea...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. W 514|1351897429|3297630 said:
All of these posts are just so sweet. I'm sitting her bawling like baby, 39 weeks pregnant and sick with a cold... I cant wait to meet my LO and reading this makes me all the more excited and impatient. I don't want to be sick when she is born though so I hope she hangs out for another week or so...but I want to hold her so bad ;(

Ahhhh! Excuse me, I need to go quite down the hormones and drink a cup of tea...

Oh Congratulations Mrs. W please come back and post when she is born! I can't wait to read all your loves! Hope you feel better soon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That my son refuses to drink and drive....even when certain "friends" say it is "OK".
He tells me my cooking is delicious and is apppreciative of the time I take to make things from "scratch".
He calls me when he has done "well" in his classes at University....I am happy he wants to share anything at all!
He still asks for my advice......

Being a Mom is great, doesn't matter our/the age. Everything else pales by comparison.

cheers--Sharon :))

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1352053816|3298521 said:
HI:

That my son refuses to drink and drive....even when certain "friends" say it is "OK".
He tells me my cooking is delicious and is apppreciative of the time I take to make things from "scratch".
He calls me when he has done "well" in his classes at University....I am happy he wants to share anything at all!

Being a Mom is great, doesn't matter our/the age. Everything else pales by comparison.

This makes me smile. You have a great relationship with your son. I hope I will with my kids too.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I guess this is silly story but I thought i would share it anyway...
My little troublemaker has discovered the mole on my face. That 's right, the mole on my face! I've lived with the tiny mole on my cheek, well, pretty much all my life...forgot it was there until recently...Mr.X decided that it is his job to remove my mole! Ha ha! He frowns at it, picks at it...it bothers him so much...so funny! Crazy kid!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1352053816|3298521 said:
HI:

I hope I have the same relationship with my 2 boys.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, awww, I hope my boys are like your son, that is the SWEETEST! You are a wonderful momma! thanks for sharing!!!

Ello, lol, awww, that is so cute! hehehe

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love taking my boys to the park and watching my oldest one (4 y/o) hold his little brother's hand (1.5 y/o) as they walk towards the swing set.

The other day I got a paper cut and my oldest saw it. He said, 'Momma Jesus will make it all better' and kissed it.

I love it when we have our quiet time in the afternoon. I usually read a book and my little one will climb on top of me, gets his face as close to mine as possible and give me a HUGE smile.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love these mama stories--thanks ya'll for sharing! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
What a great thread topic! Here are my favorite moments:

When I pick up my 3 year old from preschool and he sees me and comes running over with a "Mommy!!! Hi!"
When he grabs a book and cuddles up with our 2 dogs and "reads" to the dogs.
When he comes into our bed in the morning for a cuddle sesh and says, "Mommy and Daddy are my best friends!"

LOVE BEING A MOM!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results