shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes you most proud of your SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Sorry if something similar was done before....but I was just wondering what makes you most proud of your SO? Or what is something he does that reminds you of how amazing he is?

For me I''m really proud of what a great student he is, that and he also has a lot of impressive career accomplishments. He works really hard at everything and it just amazes me.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Hey purselover,
Sounds like our SO''s have something in common! I''m super proud of M because of his career accomplishments too- he''s doing an MD/PhD combined degree (PhD, then med school after). He also has multiple publications... I''m in awe of how much he achieves. The best part is, he''s super humble about it! He doesn''t even like to talk about it when people ask him.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
There are truly so many things that make me proud of him that it''s hard to narrow it down to just one.

He treats people incredibly well and with a lot of respect - regardless of the situation, he handles himself with a lot of class and rarely loses his temper or runs out of patience. He''s passionate about and proud of his work, but he doesn''t let it overtake or overshadow his personal life. He has a close-knit group of friends, comprised of really, really good guys who he has known for decades. He''s dedicated to his interests and hobbies and perseveres through challenges like no one I''ve ever known. And he''s ridiculously handy... he''s done an incredible amount of work on the house. And he''s got a subtle confidence about him - he''s self-assured, but he doesn''t show it or flaunt it. You just sense it about him in the way he carries himself.

Since our first date, I''ve always said that I can''t imagine anyone meeting him and not liking him. He is a wonderful person.

(And yeah, I''m a little biased. I know.)

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely his work ethic and his knowledge of EVERYTHING.

Like we are remodeling our kitchen, and he is doing ALLLL the work himself. The electrical, plumbing, tiling, installing the cabinets, the countertops, sheet rocking, etc etc etc. I just watch him in amazement. He never ceases to amaze me. I dont know how he knows how to do it all, but he does and its coming out perfect. is it weird him working on the kitchen is extremely sexy to me??? lol
30.gif

Also, I am so proud of his working ethic. He started his own company at 26, worked hard to get there, put the time and the studying in to get certified etc.

He isnt afraid of hard work. I mean the boy works from 6am-4pm, and them comes home and works on our kitchen until 9pm! I dont know how he does it. My mom says "thats youth for you".
2.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
There are a lot of things that kind of make me sit in awe of him: the way he knows how to do anything. Seriously. Want to know how to cut a steak the right way? Fix a bike? Throw a frisbee? Build a shelf? Plan a trip? Ask him. He''s amazing.

But what makes me proudest is when he calls his grandmother once a week, and makes sure he''s available on his vacation to do work around his parents'' house and his grandmother''s house, and he makes sure to walk his grandmother to and from her car. He''ll put his time to rest aside to help his family without a second thought. When we talk about what we''d do if we won $100 million, the first thing he thinks to do is pay off student loans for his education and his sisters''. That''s what makes me proud of him.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
No wonder you all are so proud, your guys sound awesome!

Erinleigh, wow a PHD/MD that is lot to take on, both degrees individually are extremely challanging, but together, that''s impressive!

Curlysue, those are some great qualities, I wish I had a few of those!

Nakedfinger, I always wanted my own business so that''s great your SO actually did it and at such a young age!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:45:59 PM
Author: princesss
There are a lot of things that kind of make me sit in awe of him: the way he knows how to do anything. Seriously. Want to know how to cut a steak the right way? Fix a bike? Throw a frisbee? Build a shelf? Plan a trip? Ask him. He''s amazing.

But what makes me proudest is when he calls his grandmother once a week, and makes sure he''s available on his vacation to do work around his parents'' house and his grandmother''s house, and he makes sure to walk his grandmother to and from her car. He''ll put his time to rest aside to help his family without a second thought. When we talk about what we''d do if we won $100 million, the first thing he thinks to do is pay off student loans for his education and his sisters''. That''s what makes me proud of him.
awww that is so sweet, it''s great that he''s so involved with his family

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:50:59 PM
Author: purselover

Erinleigh, wow a PHD/MD that is lot to take on, both degrees individually are extremely challanging, but together, that''s impressive!

Nakedfinger, I always wanted my own business so that''s great your SO actually did it and at such a young age!
I was thinking the same thing!
1.gif

It is really nice to read such a positive thread... it''s nice to recognize the best in people, particularly the ones we love.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:52:25 PM

Date: 6/30/2009 4:45:59 PM
Author: princesss

awww that is so sweet, it''s great that he''s so involved with his family
Yeah, I found a good guy.
1.gif
I just love that with him it''s not even a question. Ever. Haha, I could go on and on, but I''ll stop.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:53:45 PM
Author: CurlySue

Date: 6/30/2009 4:50:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing!
1.gif

It is really nice to read such a positive thread... it''s nice to recognize the best in people, particularly the ones we love.
Big, fat DITTO

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i am proud of him because he is smart. he is so smart. he is the glue for our family. i would not be who i am today without him. he is kind and funny and strong. his almost the perfect man. i dont think there is a better match out there for me. he is my peanutbutter and i am his jelly.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
He''s wicked smart and tenacious in the face of whatever challenge comes his way. He''s incredibly kind and considerate on the one hand, but on the other hand, nobody messes with him.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
What makes me proud of my C. Well first off, he cares about me so much, and even though he isnt the biggest fan of my mums, he still cares about her for me.
Secondly, im proud of him, because he knows how to save, but also knows when to spend money, and has no problem helping his closest friends out.
Thridly, he loves animals and is always trying to help them. If he could, he would adpot and keep and love every little doggy, he saw running down the street.
Fourthly, I know, i know a long list. He didnt give up when his mom passed away. He had the strength to keep living. I know it sounds stupid, but she was all he had.
So that is what makes me proud of C....his heart, his attitude and his will.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
When I hear him play guitar I lose it...
30.gif
SO SEXY
31.gif

He makes me proud because:

He's an amazing musician, poet, writer, father (to our pooch), son, brother, friend--just so many things. He inspires me to be more creative, spontaneous, and carefree.

Plus he works hard, prepares for our future, and shows me he loves me every day. I couldn't ask for a better man to marry.

eta: omg, I am so sappy right now. I apologize peeps
9.gif
10.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Great thread purselover! It''s awesome to get to hear about how wonderful all our fellow LIWs SOs are!!! No wonder we hang around for them, lol!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''m proud of SO because he''s brave.

He moved to the other side of the world, to a country he''d only visited once, leaving all his friends and family behind, leaving a stable job to end our long distance relationship and live with me. I proud he worked hard to find a good job when his visa and the economy were against him and stayed strong for the 4 months he was without one. I don''t know if I could be brave enough to do that, or strong enough.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
His integrity!

He means what he says and says what he means- and that''s all. He''s pretty quiet, and thinks before he speaks; he is really truly so considerate and thoughtful in the way he approaches life.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i love this thread!

M gives me so many reasons to be proud of him, i was proud when he re-enlisted, when he tried for and got transferred into a different job, when he got expert on his rifle marksmanship, with how much he practiced for his playing tests when he was in the band, how much he studies for his tests at the school right now.

but nothing can top how proud i am that he sends his mom half a dozen roses every valentine''s day so no guy can out-do him, that he''ll do anything to help out his grandparents and his mom, that he''s the peace-keeper in his family, that he''d die for his friends and has stayed up all night with them when they''re really down, but at the same time won''t let them treat their girls like crap and when his friends break up with girls that he knows are sweet and wonderful, he''ll tell those girls that they deserve to be treated better than they were.

and of course i''m exceptionally proud of how smart he is and how he''s a bigger goofball than me (which takes a fair amount of work)
30.gif
there''s not many guys who can confuse "tush" and "patootie" and create the word "patooshie" and then be very certain that it is an actual word that people use in reference to their bums. of course it is dear, of course it is...
9.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am most proud of his work with under privileged clients. In addition to his normal client load at his law firm he also takes on so many pro bono clients he was invited to our state capitol and given an award by the supreme court for doing the most work with pro bono clients in the state in 2007 and has won pro bono attorney of the year every year since 2004 for our area!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been having some job drama, and I practically don''t have a job and I''m worried about bills.
Awhile back I was talking to him about my problems and I said "I''m worried about all these problems with money I''m having"
and he looked at me and said "they aren''t your problems, they are our problems" but he said it in a way that was like no matter what we are in this together.

and thats when I was most proud of him, and thats also the moment I knew.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love that B is such an easy person to get along with -- it makes me so proud when I introduce him to someone new, and they have awesome things to say! Everyone who meets him thinks he''s just the bee''s knees, and that makes me so happy. I feel like he''s just so confident and socially aware that I never have to be nervous about going anywhere and not having anyone to talk to.

I also really love how handy he is. Some of the things he''s made "for fun" are incredible, and I''m always impressed by his craftsmanship. I can''t wait to own a home together, because I know he''s going to make it look good!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I am so proud of my SO because he is the most ethical, upstanding, genuine man I know (well, I guess he''s tied with my dad
5.gif
). He really stands by his convictions, and he works in finances at a national corporation so he''s been tested a few times. He''s got a great work ethic, and works hard to get ahead.
He''s 100% loyal, and is truly invested in our relationship. He''s willing to work to make our love grow. He never turns away from me, even when we argue. When he sets his mind to something, he does it. Oh, and he''s incredibly financially educated and responsible. Overall, he''s got a great head on hs shoulders, and a wonderful heart on his sleeve.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Oh my God, I love this! CONGRATULATIONS, LADIES! We''ve found us some winners!
31.gif

I thought about this long and hard, but one of my VERRRRY favorite things about my FF is his sense of humor- I''m the kind of person who believes that if you can''t laugh your way through the hard times (and life in general) you''ll never get through it in one piece!

He''s such a great easy going, HAPPY guy- like, happiest person I know. And he definitely knows how to make the best out of a bad situation-- a MUST for me, I tend to be unlucky!

For instance, this past fall we went pumpkin picking, but the car broke down about half a mile out from the pumpkin farm, so we pushed it in the pouring rain TO the farm, determined to still pick some pumpkins (I REALLY love pumpkins)- we waded through 7 inches of rain to pick the pumpkins, 15 minutes before they closed, and when we get up to the cashier, we discover we had lost a twenty that we brought along for that specific occasion. So, we had to put our dream pumpkins back, and instead the two of us bought little gourds that we painted (muuuch cheaper) and they lasted ALOT longer than carved pumpkins would have. We ended up having a "gourd-i-versary" (we have a themed "i-versary every month to celebrate the time we have together and the fun we get to enjoy). It was terrific, and one of our favorite stories
16.gif

Sorry that was so long! Man, I love that man!
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 7:38:48 PM
Author: Erinleigh
Great thread purselover! It''s awesome to get to hear about how wonderful all our fellow LIWs SOs are!!! No wonder we hang around for them, lol!
Thanks! I totally agree I love hearing more about everyone''s SO, and everyone has had really amazing things to contribute, we''re all so lucky.

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
What I love about B is they way he can make me smile and laugh no matter what the situation is. I could be fuming furious at him for something and in the middle of my tirade he does or says something thst has me busting a gut laughing. No matter what I just can''t stay mad at him. In the grand scheme of things he is an average guy. Goes to work, comes home, hops on his computer and i don''t hear a word from him for hours on end, but there is just something that draws me to him. He truly balances me out. I am high strung and he is very mellow. I spend and he saves. I am loud and he is quiet. We are opposites in almost every way, but it works for us and I could never live without him.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Strangely enough, my FI's athletic ability makes me really proud (probably because I'm the opposite of athletic?
25.gif
). Sure he's got a ton of other great things going for him, but I'm always impressed with his ability to do anything sports related. For example, he played tennis with work friends for 5 hours last week and was better than many who play every week and take lesses. FI has played less than 10 times in his entire life.

He ran a 5k at work last year and his time was about 30 sec slower than his times in high school when he was actually training and working for it. He had been playings basketball and softball and lifting weights sometimes, but he hadn't run anywhere for months and just showed up the day of the 5k ready to run. I think he ended up 3rd out of the 100+ people who entered, and he wasn't even trying!

I guess it makes me proud of him because it's a skill I definitely don't have and I find it pretty impressive. He's also so unassuming and non-cocky that he definitely doesn't come off as a jock. Most people don't think he would be the athletic type until they get on the basketball court with him. Cross your fingers that our kids inherit his athletic ability and not mine
2.gif

There are so many other things I can write, and reading everyone else's posts just makes me think of more great things
30.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
His ability to overcome his background! My parents did so much for me. I never could have accomplished all the things he has with the challenges he faced.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Hmm i think the thing about my SO that makes me most proud is his work ethic. He genuinely loves what he does and cares about his clients and wants to help them. Another thing is his kindness. He''s always there for his friends in their times of need and he is the one his friends call first if they need advice or help with something. He is also respected so people tend not to take advantage of his kindness.

(This is such a great thread
1.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results