shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes it “the one”?

What makes your most treasured piece “the one”?

• It was chosen for me by my partner

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • It was inherited from a loved one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was what I was searching for

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • It was created to match my vision

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • It’s the closest I could find, but I’m still looking just in case

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious as to how the majority of PSers came to find “the one”. We aren’t your average jewelry consumer and many of us are always “shopping”, so how would you define “the one” you have?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted Other.
The Octavia has the absolute best light performance I've ever seen in any Asscher-shaped diamond.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beauty moves me to my core.
That’s what makes it the one for me.
♥️

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I also chose Other. I didn’t have a clear vision in mind of the perfect ring; I just knew I wanted a sizable old cut stone. Mine kind of fell in my lap bc I never thought I’d be able to get a stone as large. Plus I’m kind of a non-picky person in that there are so many things I love.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea what an OEC was let alone that I wanted one! For me, seeing photos on here was my introduction to them, then I met a PSer IRL who’d just had a new ER and WB made. As soon as I saw it, I realised how beautiful they were, and from then on, my thought of getting an ACA was put on the back burner.

I was meeting @missy in NY and she kindly set up an appt for us with OWD. The plan was just to look, and we had fun seeing lots of beautiful examples. Then, as luck would have it, @missy decided to upgrade to Bubbalah, so I was in the right place at the right time! As soon as I saw Bella, I just knew.

For me, the fact that Bella is old and most definitely pre-loved makes it more special, aside from her obvious beauty, I just love the fact that she has history.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote Other too...I dont feel like I've found the "one".

When I do find the "One" I hope it will be because It was the one I was searching for or It was made to match my vision.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask me again in five years and hopefully the answer will be the same as today ;-)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I voted other, as well. I’m not an ORTRTA type of girl. I will never part with my engagement stone, but it’s nice have other options.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I also picked “other.” I am in the same boat as many of the previous posters. I don’t even have an idea of what the “one” would be right now. I like having options and like many different styles even though they do have a common denominator of being old cuts or antiques/vintage or antique inspired.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It makes me happy with I wear my 1.19ct E VS1 that I picked out in person from 3 stones that were brought in for my viewing.

It felt right when it was placed on my hand.

I smile whenever I wear that diamond, even in its first 2 settings, now on its third and forever home, designed by me based on an Art Deco original.

DK :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted I found what I was searching for...I have several rings that I love and have enjoyed wearing but for whatever reason DSS kicked in recently. I looked for several months and then got very lucky when ChristyDanielle put her ring up for sale - a larger old cut in a unique setting. I wanted something along the lines of a solitaire but with some interesting details. I feel ridiculous typing this - it's just jewelry lol - but I just feel content and at peace now with my collection. I still love and wear my other rings but I am really enjoying having a larger stone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wasn't looking and happened upon an estate sapphire ring. Captivated by it's beauty (@missy) I took it home. Truly, I think it found me.

cheers--Sharon

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
It took me a looooong time to figure out what I was searching for, but 10+ years later, I found it and never letting go. The setting, on the other hand, is always where I get super indecisive. I love my DK setting, but it doesn't super wow me right now. It's not DK's fault, I just don't have the right creative mind to design the perfect setting, so I'm going to commission one with CvB and fingers crossed it'll be my forever and ever ORTRTA.

P

Petalouda

Slow to catch on here…what does ORTRTA mean?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results