shape
carat
color
clarity

What made it "REAL"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies...

Fatafelice had me thinkin this morning... (which I have always vowed NEVER to do on a Saturday morning before coffee...
28.gif

I thought I would ask: what things have happened over the course of your planning has made the idea that you are getting married more "REAL"?

For me.. its been a couple things:

1. I had the dress moment!!! When I tried on my Rivini gown for the first time.. and my bridal consultant put the veil over my face... I LOST it... full on crying.. I dont know what it was.. I just could not control my emotions. I honestly think that I pictured my Fi''s face as I would be walking down the aisle.. and it was just pure happiness that came over me.

2. Watching the slideshow dvd of our Engagement pictures for the first time. Something about seeing us walking hand in hand down the beach.. with sappy music attached.. just did it for me.

3. Invitations... this of course will be a continued thought on Monday when I actually receive them.. but the whole design process just really opened my eyes.. seeing the words "marriage" and our names... just really hit home.

4. Lastly.. the holidays.. I woke up christmas morning... thinking... "this is my last christmas as a (insert last name here)!!!"
Same for New Years... Midnight hit.. and I said to my Fi... "Baby.. this is it.. your last ''single'' New Years Kiss!!!" hehe... I get giddy just thinkin about it.!!!!!

I hope you all enjoy this thread as much as I have enjoyed writing it!!! It made me smile this morning.. which I need.. since now I am off to the gym.. ugggghhhh....

Goodmorning everyone!!! Enjoy the smiles!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
Girl! Stop that! I can''t wait til that day comes for me.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
For me I remember when we got our rings shipped to us. We had to go pick them up at a FedEx office in September. Afterwards he had to stop and get gas. I was sitting in the car and took one of the ring boxes out of the package and opened it. I''m not a real emotional person, but seeing the rings in person for the first time got me all choked up. I thought wow, I''m really doing this.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Defnitely the dress moment. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that day in Kleinfeld''s when my consultant had me walk into the middle of the salon and step up in front of the mirror to put my veil on. I was like, "holy **** !!!" this is really going to happen!!! And then, of course when my sister started bawling that is when I lost it.....
2.gif

Haven''t done much else yet like engagement pics and/or invitations- I still have awhile (September wedding). But, I am sure as the months go by now and I start getting things done it will become more and more real. Its crazy!!!
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I never had a dress moment, but I definitely thought about how this was my last Christmas as a (mylastname). And at midnight on New Years Eve, FI and I kissed and then simultaneously said "we''re getting married this year!"
9.gif

Other things that really made it real:

1) Invitations. I''m in the process of ordering them, and seeing our names together on them makes it real to me.

2) Hearing bagpipes. Everytime I hear live bagpipes, I think "the next time I hear them is going to be at our wedding!" That''s already happened three times so far... haha.

3) Going over the wedding ceremony with the pastor.

4) Choosing readings. Everytime I start reading them, I start crying happy tears. I''m going to be an absolute mess during the ceremony.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm for me...even though it''s been a few years now...

1) telling our friends and family about the engagement
2) getting bridal magazine subscriptions and feeling ''legitimate'' in the line at store with them, lol!
3) trying on dresses
4) our engagement party
5) sending out the save the dates!!
6) taking a trip to view and then booking the venue in hawaii

those are probably the top few. after that...it was all definitely real!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
J and I just spent the day at a big bridal show... All this talking to vendors, looking at rings and dresses... It sure made it feel VERY real!
30.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww... Anchor.. how fun.. I am sooo very jealous.

I wish Fi and I could go to bridal shows... (well.. I''m sure he is of a different opinion...) rather.. I would love to drag him to a bridal show.. LOL

Unfortunately due to my location... there are no bridal shows for me to go to.. bummer.

So glad you had a "holy cow this is real" moment today! so fun!

I love hearing everyones stories!!! keep em comin!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few days before the wedding we went downtown together to get our Marriage License at City Hall. Then it hit us, we are really going to be married. It was exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results