shape
carat
color
clarity

What lighting environment can you see fire?

act1980

Shiny_Rock
I have heard that you can only see the fire in a diamond in sunlight. Is this true or will it display fire in any light?

voce

Ideal_Rock
It won't display fire in any light, but there are lighting environments besides sunlight where you see fire, too. Such as the lighting at some jewelry store counters.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Also, depends on the cut. Get an old cut under spotlights, street lamps or any low light and watch the fireworks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under store lights.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In general small direct light sources that are bright compared to the surrounding area/light.
Small is relative to distance the sun is large but is a small light source because of the distance and intensely bright.
Store lights are another they are not generally small and at 5 feet over head would produce white light return but at 20+ feet and brighter than the surroundings produce fire.

act1980

Shiny_Rock
In general small direct light sources that are bright compared to the surrounding area/light.
Small is relative to distance the sun is large but is a small light source because of the distance and intensely bright.
Store lights are another they are not generally small and at 5 feet over head would produce white light return but at 20+ feet and brighter than the surroundings produce fire.

Great, thank you for the info! :))

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I get a ton of fire in many different low light environments, from natural, defused sunlight at dusk, to low lighting in restaurants, to even candlelight and firelight. Surprisingly I get less fire in bright sunlight. I guess each diamond is different.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i see fire when direct sunlight rays are shone onto my diamonds. such as by an open window or outside under some shelter whilst light rays shine on the diamond.

i see fire outside in ambient sunlight.

i see fire by fireside

i see fire by candlelight

i see fire under led light

i see fire in grocery store lighting

i see fire in incandescent lighting

i see fire by moonligt

its just such a pity that i can't seem to capture it with a camera

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
i see fire when direct sunlight rays are shone onto my diamonds. such as by an open window or outside under some shelter whilst light rays shine on the diamond.

i see fire outside in ambient sunlight.

i see fire by fireside

i see fire by candlelight

i see fire under led light

i see fire in grocery store lighting

i see fire in incandescent lighting

i see fire by moonligt

its just such a pity that i can't seem to capture it with a camera

I think you wrote a poem!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results