shape
carat
color
clarity

what kind of setting makes a round stone look the biggest?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.14 round enagement ring, set as as olitaire, and I want to get a new setting - any suggestions on what will maximize it''s size?

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Hi....I have found that six-prong settings, have always looked rather generous on my hand. I also found higher settings tend to give a diamond some substance, or a slightly thinner band! What kind of a setting were you thinking of doing?
1.gif

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
Very thin bands, like micro-pave bands, tend to make diamonds appear larger...

Pave around the diamond can make it look bigger too.

Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many answers to this... just about as many as there are rings I am affraid
2.gif
Some others I know of and have not been mentioned above would be: #1 settings that make the width of the ring more than that of a diamond (illusion settings (LINK), bezels (LINK), settings with small diamonds around the center like THESE) and #2 sidestones, of course.

No idea what would help better than a visit to a store and trying things up though.
rolleyes.gif

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
6-prong cathedral setting

JHeebner

Rough_Rock
bezel set with pave on the bezel. ritani's endless love is one example (it features micro pave on the bezel and band), and there are numerous similar styles (not made by Ritani) that bezel-set the center stone and employ traditional pave (1 pointers and larger) on and around the bezel.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking to maximize the size of the ring as a whole or the diamond? I tend to think that diamonds look best in simple settings like Tiffany or cathedral. For me, choosing the w-prong from WF was going a little crazy. When I see rings with tons of pave diamonds and the like I tend to think it detracts from the main stone. I do, however, like the micro-pave bands that do not have pave on the prongs or head. If you're really looking to increase the overall size of your ring, go for one with sidestones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results